main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars STAR WARS: Episode IV - Destiny's End (A Star Wars AU)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by BobaMatt, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Poh
    Dantooine

Poh had to merely glance at Solo?s antics, grinning as a feral animal scenting it?s prey. If the Core Condemned shifter had finally taken a holiday and not messed his hand up more royally then a Sullustan barber did his ?trim? a year ago then he might yet stand a chance. As for the game his grin should be answer enough that he was in still at this point, his vessel was always left prepped or prepping with his part done.

Still he could feel a draw that he had denied all this time, to reach out and once more play Sabaac. The game of poor and disgustingly rich alike, and if but only for this game he would yet bemoan the loss that those ever in temple missed knowing a game such as this.

?Want to sweeten the pot as much as your mouths?? he asked before picking up his cigarra and taking a slow puff. Humans were good for it, and if his cards didn?t hold up to his boast to make this final hand interesting he at least would get a show out of this whole thing. Still he had to hold it all together until looking at his cards, and so as he lifted and fanned them he left his face grinning waiting for an answer as his eyes yet with-held their glance until the remaining players acknowledgements.

TAG: HSolo, BMatt, Sarrge

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: I'm eager to read more about Falleen. Also: TEEGIRLOO and Anne should PM me about their Sith names...

[i]Dantooine...[/i]

Chewie chuffed. <<We're going to have to get ready, if we're leaving soon. Stock up the ships, get our equipment together...>>

Jadak groaned, but the Wookiee was pulling on his modified Ranger jacket (huge and sleeveless). <<Maybe we should go, Han?>> The Wookiee had a glint in his eye, the sort of paternal look that had always bothered the young human. He turned to the ARC trooper: <<You'll let us know when we have our orders, then?>>

The meeting seemed to be wrapping up. The Chancellor seemed done, anyhow. That suited the diminutive Jedi Master just fine. "What more need we discuss?" He hoped there wasn't anything.

[b]TAG: spycoder9, DarkLordoftheFins, HSolo, Mitth, Sarge[/b]
    [hr]
    [i]Tatooine...[/i]

As the two young Jedi set on their way toward the beacon of life amongst the sands, from the crags many pairs of eyes watched them. Offworlders were unwelcome on Tatooine. The newcomers were sized up, evaluated through binoculars and sniper scopes, concealing their presence from the eyes, ears, and noses of any sentient being but perhaps not from the full range of sense available to one attuned to the Force. The sandpeople watched and chose their moment carefully.

[b]TAG: TheSithGirly, DarthXan[/b]
    [hr]
    [i]Coruscant...[/i]

[i]?I wouldn?t trust the General to accomplish what he has already once failed to achieve, even with the aid of Lord Hett. Let him have this chance to redeem himself, but in the event that he should fail again, I would send in someone else on the side, someone whom I could trust not to disappoint.?[/i]

The Emperor chuckled, patted the young Sithling's head. "Yes," he said. "Yes, that is a stirring plan of action. Perhaps no one better to deal with the Skywalker children than the Grandmistress of the Sith Knights and her apprentice? What say you, child? What say you, Ventress?"

[b]TAG: TEEGIRLOO, Anne[/b]

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Leia Skywalker
    Tatooine

As the twins slogged through the desert sand, Leia became abruptly certain they were being watched.

Without breaking stride, she extended her Force senses once again, and - yes, there, in that craggy ridge up ahead. It wasn't quite in a straight-line path to their destination, but by unspoken agreement they'd chosen to detour slightly to take advantage of the hard ground and whatever shade it would offer from Tatooine's suns.

It was also, apparently, occupied.

"We've got company," she said quietly to Luke, deliberately not gesturing or doing anything but walking forward. "Up ahead, on the ridge. Sentients. And they don't feel friendly."

TAG: TSG

4. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Sorry for the delay you two. Loved that flashback.

[blockquote]
    [b]Xizor[/b]

[i]Penumbra, Falleen Rainforests[/i]

Xizor had long since accepted that there were aspects to Galen's training that he would never be aware of. He could demand regular reports from Hoole; he could install hidden cameras in every corner of the facility; he could seek out information on training techniques from other, secret sources. And indeed he had done all these things and more.

But he could not touch the Force. Which meant that there was an entire world of communication which was forever closed to him. He could not do anything but skirt its edges, peering helplessly inside. Telepathic exchanges were a prominent feature of that world. For all he knew, Galen and Hoole could be sharing thoughts right now, even as they spoke to him.

He saw the two of them glance at each other. The look was fleeting, but the Weequay's eyes seemed to burn with some private amusement or knowledge. It was unmistakeable. Xizor had spent a lifetime reading body language. Such non-verbal clues were the best he could do at reading the true intentions of the Force Users.

Fortunately, he had one trump card in all this: Galen's loyalty. As long as that remained intact, nothing else mattered, not even Hoole's schemes. For now, it was sufficient to present the boy with gifts like the crystal, and the occasional display of fatherly trust. Later, the boy would require offerings of real power. Even a position within the upper echelons of Black Sun would not be enough, Xizor suspected.

But that was a problem for another time.

Xizor retrieved a pocket holo-projector from the folds of his robe, and laid it flat upon his palm.

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20050727001613/swg/images/a/aa/Corvette.jpg]

"This is the [i]Tantive IV[/i]. It is a Republic Remnant vessel, and known to be carrying stolen Imperial plans for a new design of starfighter. The vessel was last seen directly above Tatooine, being pursued by the [i]Invisible Hand[/i]- General Grievous's flagship. The General was able to tractor and board the [i]Tantive[/i], but not before a number of escape pods were launched.

"It is highly likely that the starfighter plans were stowed aboard these escape pods. If so, then they are currently somewhere on the surface of Tatooine, waiting to be discovered by either the Hutts or the Empire. Galen, it is my wish that you retrieve these plans for Black Sun.

"Bounty hunters have already been dispatched, though they are unaware that they are working for me. They will serve as distractions. You must act quickly and secretly, without drawing attention and without revealing your ties to my- [i]our[/i]- organisation. But I warn you: the plans are not unprotected.

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070512122026/swg/images/9/90/Luke_Skywalker_Hologram.jpg]

"Luke Skywalker, golden son of the Remnant and heir to the Hero With No Fear. He is a skilled pilot and swordsman, but Master Hoole tells me you will provide more than a match for him. If you can disable him, then take him alive. As a prisoner he is more valuable than the plans themselves.

"But he is not alone.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/1/1c/Leia_holo.jpg]

"Leia Skywalker. The Princess. More refined than her brother. Beautiful, eloquent..."

Xizor trailed off as his eyes narrowed upon the holo. By all accounts the girl was a rare treasure. Her mother had been quite the work of art in her prime, and Leia was said to have inherited that same poise while also being imbued with her father's fire. But she was a unique threat. What was it Hoole had said?

[i]She is something different. Her power lies in thoughts and words. Doubt, deception, lies and reason can all be powerful weapons against one of us.[/i]

The very weapons which Xizor used to keep Galen under his control. The boy was vulnerable in that respect. It was too dangerous to expose him to another practitioner of such arts. A shame...she was such a promising specimen...

"Yes, the Princess," repeated the Dark D

5. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Captain Salvo
    Dantooine

While Salvo watched the members of his assembled team go about their business, he took a few minutes to step to the side while he activated his wrist comm. He was sending in messages, calling in favors, trying to get those speeder bikes as well as some other supplies to the hangar in order to get them prepped on their chosen YT-1300. The Chancellor's call could come at any moment and he wanted to make sure that they got the equipment that may be needed. Performing a rescue operation to retrieve two Jedi who also happened to be the children of the Chancellor wasn't exactly something you wanted to be unprepared for obviously.

He also had some other preparations but that was going to have to be done later. He had thought to head to his quarters and use this time to send a message to one of his contacts. He wanted to know just what, exactly, what kind of resources were currently being devoted to the hunt for Luke and Leia and he knew that his contacts in the Imperial Senate would be valuable here. But that was when his comlink beeped and he knew that they were out of time. Upon checking the message, he found a simple word from the Chancellor: go.

That was it then. Hoping that the speeder bikes would get here right as they were going to take off, Salvo jogged back towards where his team awaited.

"The Chancellor's given the order," he informed them. "It's time to move out."

TAG: HanSolo, MitthFisto, BobaMatt

6. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Luke Skywalker
    Tatooine, Desert

They did not feel friendly. Luke trusted his sisters senses more than his own. Her skills in locating and evaluating these life forms were more refined than his, he knew. as she pointed her out he could at least feel there were lifeforms. "Not droids and if it would be the Empire they would probably already have swarms of Droideka all over us. Maybe farmers or . . . indegenius inhabitants of the planet. I remember mum told us about the sand people. They killed our grandma." He felt no bitterness about it. Nature had an unforgiving side and it often was manifesting through predatoial behavior. Yet, if it were sandpeople, they would soon or later have to fight them. much like his father had once.

"I think it is a sad family traditions our journy often do not turn out as they were planned." Luke nodded. His own senses sharpened now. Concentrating on danger. His hand lay on his lightsaber. He was certain he could defend them, but their mission would be endangered anyway.

"I´d say we bring some distance between us and them. If they attack the hills will make it hard for them to use their advantage of numbers." He looked at Leia. "and if they are territorial, they might not follow us at all."

Tag: Xany

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo
    Dantooine

"You're on, you big dumb oaf," Han announced with a cocky grin as he fished around in his pockets for more credit chips to add to the pot. "If you wanna raise the stakes, I ain't--"

Beside them, the giant Wookiee cocked his head and interrupted the seemingly innocent exchange. ["We're going to have to get ready, if we're leaving soon. Stock up the ships, get our equipment together..."]

Han bit the inside of his cheek and hunched his shoulders so that he was leaning closer to the tabletop. With Chewie, it was always about business. He often wondered if the Wook even knew how to have fun. "Relax, will ya, pal?" he said as he finally found the credits he had been searching for and flipped them into the pot. "We'll have plenty of time to do that once we finish up here."

["Maybe we should go, Han?"] the Wookiee insisted.

"Go?!" Inhaling deeply, Han glanced up to protest further, but stopped as he noticed the odd look in the blue eyes staring back at him. It was the same look that indicated the Wook was only trying to protect the Corellian, the same paternal instinct that a father would have for his only son. If it were another place and time, Han might have backed down, but as it were, the gesture only proved to get under his skin. And to make matters worse, Chewie was giving no clear indication as to why he was acting the way he was...

But before the Corellian could confront his partner about it, the solider spoke up. "The Chancellor's given the order," he informed them. "It's time to move out."

That was that. Slamming his cards back down on the table, Han had to clench his jaw tight to prevent a string of curses to spill from his mouth. He angled a pointed stare at the Wookiee, clearly not happy. "Alright, fine. You win," he growled under his breath. "Time to move out."

Rising from his chair, he pulled roughly at the collar of his jacket and started for the ship. What they didn't know was that the upcoming assignment and a certain princess was also working on his mind...

TAG: Mitth, Sarge, Matt

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Anakin Lars
    Lars' Moisture Farm, Tatooine

You know, for as long as he had been the son of moisture farmers - and that was his entire life, thank you - Anakin was still amazed at how hungry a fellow could actually get before suns rise. This struck him as an incredibly strange phenomenon, and certainly not an attitude he should be accustomed to, but he chalked it up to having a lot of friends who were not farmers and an overwhelming desire to get the hell off this goddamn rock. Mostly the latter, he liked to think.

Still, the Jawas were coming today, that was always a bright spot in an otherwise... rather bright existence, now that he was actually trying to come up with a good metaphor. Dull in the sense that it was tedious, but not in terms of the amount of light they actually got. Kind of ruined any potential double meaning you might try to concoct, but it would service in a pinch.

Strange thoughts this morning on the moisture farm. Mind you, with this much excitement going on you often found plenty of time for your mind zigzagging in every direction, but today was especially peculiar.

Still, the Jawas were coming today.

"Coming Dad!" he shouted back. He never fully understood the old man's desire for this kind of routine - it was always the same "Your mother's making breakfast!" "Oh good, I'm starved!" "Yeah well then you ought to get back here as soon as I call you! Swear I seen smarter stuff come out of a Bantha's -" "Right Dad, got it, I'll get here as soon as I can next time." and naturally the times never changed. This was just one of those little back-and-forths you got used to in life on the farm. Day in and day out.

Still, the Jawas were coming today. Hopefully they'd have something really snazzy - maybe a nice R4, barely used. Hell, he'd settle for an R3. For some reason the old man was insistent on those crappy R5s - "They're the latest model!" he'd proclaim, "Not to mention the price!" - never mind that their motivators blew on a dime, or that the reason they were so blasted cheap was because they were made of crap parts, or that he'd gone through five of them in 12 years, no, the R5 is the superior model and the Jawas give you quite a bargain when you buy used, son, why can't you see that? I swear, you're almost old enough to start running the farm, you really ought to get a better head for business et cetera et cetera.

Well, if that unfortunate scenario did come to pass, at least he'd have enough material for a challenging new series of Holonet articles, tentatively titled I Hate It Here: A Story of Moisture Farming and Why It Sucks Bantha Poodoo, by Anakin Lars, with a Forward by Laze "Fixer" Loneozner, Has He Mentioned He's Laze Lately?

Oh yeah. Sweet country living.

TAG: Matt

9. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Galen
    Penumbra Facility

His eyes pierced every hologram the Dark Duke showed. The ship, the son and the daughter. They looked like Jedi. Powerful, even when catched on a primitve device like a holocam. He was a warrior. Starkiller could tell it from the way his body behaved, from the gestures he used and how he carried himself. She . . . was beautiful, first and foremost. Graceful. Something sad was in her, too. When his father told him she was dangerous, he did not doubt it. Even looking at her seemed to project her power on him. Killing her was probably the easier part then. Those who lied had problems with doing so, once their head was removed and their tongue silenced. he knew it, because he had planned to do so with Hoole for years.

The boy would be a challenge. Good. He needed a challenge. He wanted to proof himself.

"Consider it done, my Master." He said with a bow and looked to Hoole. "Any final advice, while the droids prepare the Stinger?"

Tag: LordT, Winged

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Poh
    Dantooine

Dipping his head in resignation he looked at the duo of Chewbacca and Solo. Life-debts were two edged swords sometimes he guessed. The fact that the lizards and Wookies had that aspect in common was something he never was going to mention, although he did wonder if a Trando had ever owed a Wook its life. Would of made a good holodrama at least, one that would of gone well with Plonko popped kernels. You know the kind with a sprinkle of salt and melted Mott butter drizzled hotly over a large bowl. Hmmmm.

Absently he rubbed the drool that was starting to crest over his lower lip and swallowed the excess. Of course visions of holo-dramas and their snacks faded quickly now as Han?s voice prepared to rise in volume and. . . then had a competitor as the soldier interrupted this afternoon?s show.

He chuffed slightly at the departing Solo?s fascination with a collar on a jacket. Humans. Turning towards the trooper as he reached out a hand for the pot, ?Food previsions will be delivered?? A deal was a deal and a meal was a meal, and if one didn?t honor one?s deals then one didn?t get no meals. Or was it the other way around?

TAG: Sarrge, HSolo, BMatt

11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Tatooine...

Anakin made his way down the line, looking for something to use for repairs and utility. Chief Nebit sometimes sold faulty merchandise, sometimes made dishonest sales, but he had to know by now that, coming by the Lars homestead, that massiff wouldn't hunt. Anakin knew too much. Then again, Owen shot him down a great deal.

Speaking of Dad, he was off checking out a shiny golden protocol droid...for some reason.

"Do you speak Bocce?"

"Of course, sir, it's like a second language to me..."

"Alright, shut up..."

There were farm droids on Anakin's end of the line, and load lifters. And finally, some astromechs.

"What I really need is a droid that speaks the programming language of moisture vaporators."

"Vaporators? Sir, my first job was programming binary loadlifters - very similar to your vaporators."

Protocol droids could be insufferable. Astromechs, on the other hand, were known to have a fair bit of spunk. Two perked up on seeing him approach: a blue R2 unit and a red R5. Both seemed eager to please. Unfortunately, Owen's choice would have been obvious...

TAG: Ramza

The sand people in the rock faces tracked the two figures. They had been warned by their shaman, but...who could accept strangers in their territory? Still, their people had learned a hard lesson years ago. A vengeful ghost still haunted these places.

Best be quick.

One of the Tuskens took aim, led the target, and unloaded a shot at the female human.

TAG: Xan, SithGirly

Darth Krayt turned to his troubled apprentice. The boy struggled with his past, and yet was often loyal, and very powerful. He had been allowed to keep his father's name - Krayt thought it prudent to taunt the Jedi where possible, and a Sith apprentice named Korto Vos would sting, no doubt.

"I want you to go to go to Grievous. We may have more Imperial visitors, soon."

TAG: NickLitYouAFlame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.