main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode IX epic climatic space battle

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Aug 28, 2015.

?

Where do you want to see the climatic space battle of Episode IX?

Poll closed Dec 26, 2015.
  1. Coruscant

42.9%
  2. The New Republic captial planet in the Hosnian system

14.3%
  3. Jakku

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Somewhere in the Unknown Regions

42.9%
  5. Corellia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sullust

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I hope that Episode IX coming possibly May 24,2019 directed by Colin Trevorrow will have an awesome climatic space battle with the fleet of the First Order and the Resistance on the scale of the Battle of Endor from ROTJ. Or to make it more awesome. How about ships from other factions like the Mandalorians or Hapan Battle Dragons. Even Though the EU is no longer canon. It would be cool to see the Mandalorian starfighters the Bes'uliik and the Hapan Battle Dragon soaring across space in awesome space dogfights on the big screen even IMAX screen.

I think it should be based on the battles of the recent SW novels like the Legacy of the Force or Fate of the Jedi series or even the Swarm War trilogy for that matter. I wonder if the final space battle of Ep.9 will likely take place over Coruscant or that New Republic capital planet that was mentioned recently to be in the Hosnian system. I prefer the latter because it's a planet or system i've never seen before. but no reason there can't be two space battles against the Resistance Fleet vs.the First Order in two star systems similar to in the last NJO novel The Unifying Force. Perhaps in Ep.9 we could see the rise of the second order or another Imperial Faction in the climatic space battle to perhaps will not be defeated in Ep.9 but be the main antagonist of Episodes X-XII the SST.

2. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I think it depends what direction they're taking the story. Will it be another war between a good Republic and an evil Empire-like organization? We know that we have some kind of Resistance vs something called the First Order, which seems to have risen from the ashes of the Empire. Will that be the central conflict of the new movies? Or will it be more of a Force war with the light vs the dark? Either one is plausible if you think about it.

But if there is a final space battle, I think (no facts, just gut feeling) that it will take place at a new location, which we haven't seen yet.

D'an likes this.
  3. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    If it hasnt been already recaptured by ep 7, Id say the Battle for Coruscant is the symbolic end point. I've had this scene playing in my head since forever, where rebels and Lukes new band of jedi (no more than say 12 tops) work together and are storming the Emperors palace. As luke and his new Knights are fighting dark side forces, the rebels over take the complex and we see them fighting across the grand domed roof...where finally they plant the Rebel/New republic flag. Just as xwings fly over and dawn breaks through the morning clouds.

The saga ending with the construction of the new republic, and a new just King crowned. At the same time, Lukes new Jedi order (after helping to free the enslaved peoples of the gffa) have finally earned their titles again in the minds of the public.

StoneRiver likes this.
  4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    never happen.

kip73 likes this.
  5. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

[​IMG]

thejeditraitor likes this.
  6. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    lol jedi

7. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I don't think it should take place over any old planet. The new series should focus on new planets.

8. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
  9. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
  10. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    There is already a thread on this, in case you didn't know. Which would be funny, since you've made it 20 days ago.

Making any more redundant threads could result in further sanctions.

Locking.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.