Star Wars Star Wars: Episode VI - As Father and Son - Part 3

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by BobaMatt, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Tatooine

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyepi_XUIck]The Mos Eisley Cantina...[/link]

"Actually," the woman corrected, "you approached, shot down a number of our fighters, landed your ship in the outskirts and blew it up. Friends would hail, respond to comms, request to land, state their business - even if they were lying - and present their identification codes. You, inexplicably, decided the best way in was to attack and infiltrate. In short, your actions, Mandalorian, were unbelievably stupid.

"And you're right," she continued, "there was no way for you to know. The best thing to do, then, is not to call attention to yourself, not to go around blasting ships out of the sky, creating explosions in the desert, and behaving like an utter barve in a bar when you could, presumably, do some investigation."

She stood. "Mos Eisley wasn't friendly, but at least your Mandalore seems to have sent you here because he heard the good news: Tatooine's changed. Maybe you should pay more attention in your briefings."

She began to cross over to the bar, calling out to a young man that sat next to Calo's confederate. "Korto," she said, loud enough for Calo to hear, "these two idiots are coming with us."

TAG: Sawn, Sarge
  2. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Kyle Katarn
    Jungles of Haruun Kal

For all of his purported bravery, Kyle Katarn was a man with two deep-rooted fears that he, and his master, had been trying to weed out as part of his Jedi training. The first, and most pervasive, was his concern for his friends' safety. The Rebel operative was no stranger to living dangerously, and yet he could never fully convince himself that his actions weren't constantly jeopardizing the lives of everyone he cared about. Even now - here he was, out in the middle of the jungle, meditating while suspending himself upside down over a particularly painful looking array of botanical... delights, and he couldn't help but feel that his time would be better spent elsewhere. Was the Rebellion okay? Was Jan okay? Thrice now he had almost plummeted because those thoughts had come bubbling to the surface of his mind.

The other, still notable fear was the inevitable passage of time. Three years now he had been training under Rahm Kota, and he still felt as if he had made little progress. Worse, he was beginning to feel how old he was getting. Yes, his master told him that age was irrelevant with regards to mastering the Force, but at the same time he had heard tales of proper padawans from the old days, padawans who were trained practically fresh from the womb. Meanwhile, here was Kyle Katarn, cynical ex-Imperial, held back by his fears, and almost thirty standard years of...

"Wait, I'm almost thirty?! Son of a..." It broke his concentration for only a moment, but that was all it took, and Kyle plummeted downward for a fourth time, only barely managing to maneuver himself in time to avoid a rather green ending. He landed with a dull, but still painful, thud. It took him a second longer than usual to get back to his feet, and for a moment - a tense, horrifying moment - he thought he felt his back giving way. "I'm too young to be too old for this, dammit!" he muttered, brushing the dirt off of his pants.

Suddenly there was a rippling sensation in the back of his mind - a sensation he had become far too familiar with in these last few years. Instinct jerked his gaze skyward, and, sure enough, there was an Imperial star destroyer in the sky. One of these days, you would think there'd be a disturbance in the Force and it would be because there was a falling sandwich, or a teacup, or something... something less ominous. But no, it was always "Imperial star destroyer this" or "galaxy conquering evil that" or "super star destroyer commanded by a guy addicted to tea."

Why the Will of the Force, as his master liked to refer to it, had felt that particular detail had been so important a year ago was still a mystery to him.

Still, a perturbation that sizable had no doubt been noticed by the others. Kyle started off towards them - he needed to get back to Rahm Kota, and fast.

TAG: Matt

Grand Admiral Piett
    The
    Executor, Space Above Tatooine

All of Firmus Piett's friends were dead.

For three years the Grand Admiral had been forced to dwell on this fact with his morning tea. For three years he had taken orders from a former Rebel punk who just happened to be the son of a friend he had lost. For three years he had gradually felt the pride and joy of service erode away within him. For three years he had watched himself slowly become as inhuman as that abomination, Osvald, albeit in an entirely different manner.

He no longer openly voiced his disapproval of hiring non-human scum to do the Navy's job. What the hell did the Imperial Navy even represent in this nonsense day and age? It had been symbolic of loyalty, the ultimate sign of one's devotion to justice and order in a galaxy full of "rebel" terrorism. Now it was just as splintered as his old friend's Empire, torn in two by an impostor who had the audacity to claim to be the Emperor Palpatine reborn - as if that were even possible. Half of h/>
  3. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Haruun Kal

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFyUPRPMvcE]The Plateau...[/link]

He did not approach them as an outsider, as a man that had left Haruun Kal and become as the Balawai. No. He had doffed his armor and come to them astride the head of an ankkox, its six legs churning the undergrowth as the massive beast strode forward. Ghosh Windu had been a waste of his time. In fact, Vastor knew that the Windu held their allegiance to one that had long since passed, but he had not pressed the issue. There would be time to eradicate them later - for now, when they were punished, it could not be said that they had not been offered an alternative. Riding with him were a number of surviving akk guards, men that had served with him in the Clone Wars. They would be of invaluable assistance as he approached ghosh Barndo, who - if local rumor was any indicator - had a Jedi in their midst.

The great beast lowed as they approached the grasser fields. Already, a crowd was growing to greet him with skepticism. He merely smiled in greeting. "Ghosh Barndo, I bring you tidings. I am Kar Vastor, of ghosh Windu. I fought with Depa Bilabba many years ago in defense of our world and I have come to offer you a similar opportunity. The Korunnai have a connection to pelekotan that the rest of the galaxy envies, and we have been chosen to fight. But first: I hear I am not your first visitor from offworld..."

They crashed through the brush, vibroshields already strapped to their arms, having located their quarry in the Force. The leader bowed slightly over the crouched man. "Katarn. Offworlder. You've sensed it, too, I see. We have to get to Master Kota."

TAG: Ramza (Saint, you are sorely missed)

4. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    IC: Han Solo
    Millennium Falcon, Kashyyyk

A familiar shudder reverberated throughout the entire freighter - a single shot from the dorsal quad gun. Han paused in his work to glance overheard toward the sound and frowned. Something was telling him that things weren't panning out very well topside and he would need to perform a rush job in order to give Chewie a hand.

But as he tossed the maintenance panel aside to get back to work, Chewie's distinct voice could be heard echoing up the access corridor as he barked a simple suggestion - call the princess. Rocking back on his heels, Han grit his teeth and glared back up the corridor in the direction Chewie's voice had come from. It wasn't that he didn't want Leia's help, it had more to do with the suggestion coming from Chewie and not wanting to accept defeat in his presence.

"The princess?!" he sputtered with an incredulous snort, pulling a bunch of wires loose from the exposed panel. "I have everything under control - we don't need her help!"

That was far from the truth, however. Even as the words left his mouth, Han was already fishing around within his pockets for his comlink. When he finally found it, he waited several tense minutes until he was certain Chewie believed him and wouldn't be bothering him further and then pressed the device to his lips.

"Hey, sweetheart, I hope you're within walking distance," he spoke into the receiver, his voice low so that Chewie couldn't overhear. "We have a bit of a situation over here...and it ain't pretty. I, uh...I could use a hand."

TAG: Xan, Matt
  5. Mitth_Fisto Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    IC: Kir Kanos
    Naboo, Factory

Something. . .something was not right. He could almost put his finger on it as he stood there looking at the facility, wondering how best to infiltrate if he was the one doing so and had a rough knowledge of where to go. Just then, his thoughts were interrupted by the words of an approaching tech.

"Smell of smoke and burnt flesh. We're trying to lock down the problem. We have to locate it, first. Should be all sorted out soon and then we'll be back to optimal functionality. We're fine, here. How are you?"

That was it! He could smell what the tech was describing despite his helmets air scrubbers being active. Looking at the helmeted techs running about he spoke deliberately and with weight of the force added to them, "You are not fine, you are fools. Security has been bypassed by an intruder." With raised hand he lifted the figure choking into to the air, waiting for it's death or his companions interjection.

Either way once this was finished he planned on heading straight to where the information on the World Devastators was located, and where the intruder if they were prompt enough, would still be found.

TAG: Kev-Mas, Matt
  6. Kev-Mas_Colcha Jedi Master

star 5
    Kev-Mas Colcha
    Naboo, Factory
    [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUAdgt5Glk0]Seek and Destroy[/link]
    Had Kev-Mas been a normal man, he would have stopped his companion from choking the technician to death. However, Kev-Mas was far from normal. He shared the infuriation at the technician's stupidity - in fact, he almost had done the exact same thing if Kir hadn't done so at first.

"Hurry up and kill him already," said Kev-Mas, with a malicious tone, "We've got another one to kill - the intruder."

While that was going on, Kev-Mas opened his senses to the force, to determine where that foolish Dog of Skywalker was currently. Perhaps if the intruder hadn't found the information yet, like Kev-Mas suspected, they could beat him to it, and simply catch the fool red handed when he wandered into the room. Besides, they knew where to go, and their prey probably didn't.

TAG: Mitth, Matt
  7. blubeast1237 Jedi Master

star 5
    Not sure as to what to do exactly, but hopefully this makes sense.

Corran Horn
    -Naboo, The Tower

The rushed passed him as they tried to get out, fearing that the worse had occurred in the tower. Corran merely decreased his presence in the Force and grazed his way to an elevator. The schematics he had been given of the building indicated that he had just this elevator to ride and he would be in the command hub for the World Devastators. He pressed a button for the elevator to come.

It did not. And he only shook his head in disappointment. The power in the tower, at least on this floor, had been shut off because of the smell. He would have to be more careful about how he used his illusions in the future. Once the room he was in was empty, which wasn't too long, Corran ignited his blade and carved a hole through the elevator doors and climbed his way, slightly wary from the worry that the repulsor lift suddenly activating and crushing him. He was not fond of small closed spaces with limited exits.

He carved another door once he arrived on the floor with the plans. From his eyes, no one was on the floor. Corran knew he must work fast. At the console, he unclipped his datapad and attached it to the computer and began pulling information from the system. First to be captured was the world devastator codes, and while he wanted to gain more information, he remembered the sensation he had felt earlier that indicated that he was being hunted. The Dog detached from the console and climbed back into the elevator shaft, returning to the floor he had been on. Now all he had to do was get out, yet he felt that his hunters were on to him.

Tag: Mitth, Kev, Matty
  8. Sawn_Kassal Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Calo Fett
    Tatooine, Mos Eisley Cantina

Something about the fact that he didn?t kill this wench when she was sitting across from him didn?t agree with Calo's gut. Unclenching his fists, his blades withdraw and he stood from his seat, storming after this woman who seemed to think she knew it all.

Reaching out, the Mandalorian grabbed her by the shoulder and pulled with enough force so she turned to face him. ?Understand THIS,? he pointed at her accusingly, his eyes now very much angry, his cool demeanor replaced by something quite agitated. ?I am not some lowly bar patron you think you can talk to however the hell you please, you get that through your thick skull right now. Secondly, the next time you want me to have mercy on your comrades, tell them not to approach me in TIE fighters or Imperial craft. I?m not here to negotiate with Imperials, or anyone masquerading as Imperials to avoid detection by that fleet in orbit. So you lost your men, that?s your problem, not mine. You want to discuss it further? Then make your move. If not, shut your trap and take us to the Noghri. But you'll get no apology from me for shooting down Imperial craft when there's a Star Destroyer in orbit. I'm sure as hell not going to ask for indentification?

He should be damned if this little messenger or whatever the hell she thought herself to be, was going to talk to him like some rookie fresh from the Mando training camp. Crossing his arms, he awaited her next little smart remark. Something told him, she?d have another.

TAG: Matt, Sarge
  9. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Tatooine

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdK_g2PoRk4]The Mos Eisley Cantina...[/link]

The woman found herself spun around by the Madnalorian's hand. He was livid - which was predictable, by now. ?I am not some lowly bar patron you think you can talk to however the hell you please, you get that through your thick skull right now. Secondly, the next time you want me to have mercy on your comrades, tell them not to approach me in TIE fighters or Imperial craft. I?m not here to negotiate with Imperials, or anyone masquerading as Imperials to avoid detection by that fleet in orbit. So you lost your men, that?s your problem, not mine. You want to discuss it further? Then make your move. If not, shut your trap and take us to the Noghri. But you'll get no apology from me for shooting down Imperial craft when there's a Star Destroyer in orbit. I'm sure as hell not going to ask for indentification?

He crossed his arms across his armored chest. Taking a moment to calm herself, the woman sighed. Suddenly, it was as if an invisible crane gently lifted the Mandalorian by his ankle, dragging him towards the ceiling upside down, despite his protests. The young man at the bar besides the younger Mandalorian merely groaned. "Vima, Vima, Vima, don't be a showoff."

But the woman was undaunted. "We know Sel Nephrite, here. We know that his intelligence was probably better than that and that his mind is quieter than yours. And because we trust him, we'll trust you. As if the Mandalorians and the Rebels never used stolen vessels...shall we go?" She turned to the younger Mandalorian at the bar, "How about you? Are we all on the same page?"

The young man with the yellow stripe just chuckled.

TAG: Sarge, Sawn
  10. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Coruscant

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrMeVnzoFCs]The Sith Council Chamber...[/link]

"And to the business of Tatooine..." the young monarch shifted in his seat, and an unease settled over the room. There were rumors that things on Ruusan had proceeded...miraculously. Emperor Luke Skywalker would brook no such rumors. "The forces there have done little so far but interfere with scum and minor Imperial operations. So far things are quiet on the planet itself, but it has become occluded in the Force - we cannot see it. The danger is that whatever mysterious power is lording over the desert world will ally with what remains of the Rebels."

As if on cue, the holoprojector in the center of the room flickered to life, displaying the image of a very enraged Lord Jerec, surrounded by bright flashes of light and the sounds of war. "Your Highness," the hologram said, "we have come under assault by the Mandalorians."

Beside Jerec, another figure took shape in blue, this time it was the the smug Moff Darcc. He grimaced, his expression managing to hover between horror and bemusement. "Your highness," he sighed, "It appears...it appears we've found the Executor."

Luke set his jaw in silence for a moment. Kashyyyk was a troublesome world and much could be learned by watching how the situation there played out. Mandalore, on the other hand, was important, and the Rebel leadership could not be tolerated. "Lord Flint," he said, "the trouble of Tatooine will be tabled for now. You will report to Mandalore to assist Lord Jerec in repelling the Mandalorian scum."

With that, the Emperor and his Queen stalked from the room to rejoin their son.

TAG: Sinrebirth, Sawn
  11. NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master

star 5
    Starkiller
    The Executor

It was a strange feeling, to be on a starship again. Starkiller?s footsteps echoed on the hollow metal floors. He imagined each step being heard on the far ends of the vessel. All the noise was disheartening; especially after living in relative silence for during his last stint of training. Starkiller?s mind wandered as he traced the path towards the bridge. There was no apparent reason to go to the bridge, but he went nonetheless. Every step was torturous.

When Starkiller entered the bridge, his mind had shifted to the subject of his allegiance. He wasn?t truly sure where it laid, other than with his master. He would have to make a point of asking. Asking someone. Piett might know. Starkiller looked up from the floor. He was standing right behind Piett. Uncomfortably close, in fact. It was a wonder that he had not collided with the Admiral and a wonder that Piett had not sensed his approach. Starkiller took a step back and cleared his throat. Then, he decided it would be better not to ask now. His closed mouth quivered. Then he opened it and said, ?Are we to be off, soon??

Tag: Ramza, Matt
  12. Sawn_Kassal Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Calo Fett
    Tatooine, Mos Eisley Cantina

As something tugged at his ankle, then lifted him off the ground, Calo made no sudden movements or protests. His wife had done this to him several times during her pregnancy, an angered pregnant Jedi woman was not a very jovial person. Seemed he?d encountered another Jedi woman.

After letting his arms hang for a moment, the suspended Mandalorian crossed them over his chest once more, closing his eyes as he chuckled. He should?ve known she was a Jedi. No one else would?ve spotted him so easily. No one else would?ve been able to see through their ruse so easily. No one else would?ve known they?d come here. The Force was at work here.

?Vima, I must say that?s one hell of a plastic surgeon you have. Last time I saw you, you looked about a century older,? indeed, she was a Jedi, one he was somewhat familiar with from a meeting 3 years ago. No wonder she was so quick to test him. Though he?d once been a Jedi hunter, Daylana had taught him to respect and admire Jedi. Their courageousness, their selflessness. Vima, no longer the fragile old crone he remembered, was that embodiment.

Looking at his partner, Calo gave a nod of acknowledgement. ?We?re clear,? he replied to Vima. Her middle-aged appearance suddenly made him long for his deceased wife, Force only knows what Daylana would?ve been like in her old age. Though at this point she?d still be, or rather look, quite a bit younger than he.

Part of him wondered if Sel?s intelligence had been so detailed, then why the hell wasn?t he better informed? He was starting to miss the fringe when he had no one to answer to but himself.

13. Sarge221 Jedi Master

star 5
    IC: Zaydin Demasca
    Mos Eisley, Cantina

Zaydin's muscles had taken on a constant pattern of tense, relax, tense, relax, when it came to the following discussions, especially between Calo and the woman he was speaking with. And when Calo suddenly found himself flipped around, that had been the closest that Zaydin had been to draw his blaster, having set his shoulders, his hands poised around the hidden holsters beneath his disguise to draw and shoot either the woman or the man speaking to him or both.

The younger Mandalorian wasn't familiar with the whole sneaking and stealth bits, but he had a feeling that this was far from what it was supposed to be like; being known for who they really are, about to shoot supposed allies in a cantina.

It was only Calo's assurance that they were clear that Zaydin's muscles relaxed and the Mandalorian removed his hands from the position of his holsters.

He'll make sure to tell Calo "I told you so" later.

TAG: Matt, Sawn
  14. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Kashyyyk

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcxQfCZ_9V8]In the wroshyrs...[/link]

There. In the trees. Three youngsters - two humans and a Wookiee. One of the Trandoshans had sniffed them out - Imperial scanners were no match for natural senses, it seemed, at least not in the forest. The Imperials though, were the ones to give orders. "Set to stun," the officer growled.

But both scanners and scent confirmed the same, even as the blue rings of stun blasts left the gun barrels and brought the younglings groggily down from the flora - a lifeform was approaching the slaving party, and fast.

TAG: Xan

Landing pad...

At close range, it was easier to evade the belly gun: the ship wouldn't fire on itself, and the extended boarding ramp served as adequate cover. The problem was that very few of the Trandoshans - two or three - had even made it this far. The engines sputtered and roared as Han did maintenance, and the lizards could feel the shuddering of the top cannon as they set foot on the ramp.

TAG: Han

Space...

As troops readied themselves, the Jedi approached his own vessel. It was no Rogue Shadow, but it would certainly serve his purpose of a separate insertion. Kashyyyk was so rich with life and, now, turmoil, that it would be difficult to find the Princess, but Starkiller had an advantage over the rest - he had been born here, he had fought here. The only people who knew Kashyyyk better than he were seven feet tall and covered in fur.

TAG: Nick
    Naboo/>

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOKhQ8ObQ7E]Imperial facility...[/link]

As the two Sith lackeys approached the facility, leaving the tech's corps behind, they were confronted by massive blast doors, sealed shut by the lockdown, keeping them from their quarry and the Imperial treasures he threatened. And yet, blast doors were no match for servants of the dark side.

Considering the ease with which he accessed the information, it was unlikely that it was credible. The only solution was to dig deeper, try harder. There was a time limit, however - the dark side loomed ever closer. His enemies were approaching to defend their prize. And there was more to this tower than mere computers.

TAG: Kev-Mas, Mitth, Blue
    Tatooine/>

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JO5oVBIJqs]The Dune Sea...[/link]

The landspeeder ride was largely silent. What was there to say? If the Mandalorians had not come to heel, they would have had to be brought back as prisoners, not semi-emissaries of the Mandalorian wing of the former Rebellion. Vima da-Boda, formerly a crone and now rejuvenated by the Valley of the Jedi, piloted them across the dunes, past bantha herds and Jawa encampments. Noghri and Tusken sentries saluted from their watchposts as they passed, occasionally accompanied by members of other species. The young, yellow-striped man sat in the back with their...guests. He was Korto Vos, former bounty hunter and son of a slain Jedi, reformed by a call in the Force. He was the one to break the silence.

"Looks like we're home."

Over the Dune Sea a familiar structure loomed, all domed towers. A former monastery returned to its purpose. Jabba's Palace. Vima took the speeder around to the dock, and the maw swallowed the vehicle whole like a ravenous Hutt.

/>/>
  15. Kev-Mas_Colcha Jedi Master

star 5
    Kev-Mas Colcha
    Naboo, Factory
    [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkmlujV-TvU]Any Means Necessary[/link]
    Knowing all too well that the Emperor would utilize some means to protect the blast door from lightsabers, be it Cortosis, Phrik Alloy, or even Mandalorian Iron, he knew better than to simply go up and try to cut it open. No, instead, he would rely on the destructive nature of the darkside. However, he first needed to make sure his partner didn't get hit by any shrapnel from the ability he was about to do - they had that dog of Skywalker outnumbered, and he didn't want to lose that advantage.

"Stand back," said Kev-Mas to Kir, "I'm going to blow open the blast door, and I don't think you want to be caught in the blast."

Waiting a few seconds for the former Red Guard to get to a safe position, Kev-Mas reached out with the force. He focused his hatred, in this situation, hatred for treachery. He channeled it into energy, pure destructive energy, storing it inside of him for a while, to let it build up. Then, putting forward an outstretched hand in the direction of the blastdoor, Kev-Mas discharged the energy towards it, in the form of a massive energy field of pure destruction.

TAG: Mitth, Matt, blu
    OOC: The power used in this post was [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Destruction]Force Destruction[/link], in case you were wondering.
  16. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    IC: Leia Organa
    Upper levels, Kashyyyk

Even sprinting at top speed, Leia was nearly too late.

Just as she vaulted over the last gap between her and the twins, she saw three small forms drop down from the trees in front of a pack of Trandoshans and Imperial forces. Stunned - only stunned, Leia could sense that much - but even seeing their slumped forms were like a punch in the gut. They would take her children -

No. No, they would not. She would never let that happen.

Leia summoned the Force and leapt, covering the remaining distance between her and the Imperial troops with blurring speed. A quick lightsaber slash brought down the nearest Trandoshan, its head neatly severed from its body - a second sheared right through another's blaster arm - and before it fell, Leia was already aiming at a third. No time for anything as pretty as strategy, or even small-unit tactics - it was just a matter of killing them all, as fast as possible, before they could react and abscond with the children.

(and in the midst of the fighting, her comlink's chirp went unnoticed.)

17. Sawn_Kassal Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Flint Torul II
    Coruscant, Sith Temple, Hangar Bay

A twin set of blast doors opened from the side of the Temple, out of it flew a chromium plated Eta-3 Candalus-class light interceptor known as Death?s Mirror. The ship looked identical to it?s Eta-2 Actis predecessors, but these ships were far different. They boasted heavier armor, a stronger hull, shields, and a hyperdrive as well as dagger shaped S-foils with wing tip mounted laser cannons similar to those found on the TIE Interceptors. In place of the old lasers were missile pods, each carrying a payload of two proton torpedoes. The ion cannons from the Eta-2 mounted on the inside of the front forks were carried over from the previous design.

His orders were clear: go assist Jerec on Mandalore. He didn?t trust Jerec, the man was
    traitorous and just as cowardly as Hethrir. Flint would take great pleasure in running the Miraluka Dark Jedi through with his blade. Alas, he was an ally, not one Flint trusted but one the Emperor valued for some reason or other.

Mounted in the droid second on the left of the side was his droid, R4-5P, a green domed droid who twitters something over the comm. ?Set a course for Mandalore 5P, we?ve got some trash to take out...? with a confirming series of beeps, 5P input the coordinates, once the navcomputer was locked in, he pulled back the hyperdrive throttle, his ship shooting forth into the stars.

18. Sawn_Kassal Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Calo Fett
    Tatooine, Jabba?s Palace

Someone calling Jabba?s old Palace home seemed about as strange as a wampa having tea with a tauntaun, just didn?t fit. The last time he was in this place he was collecting on a bounty from the old slug. Now he was here to perform negotiations. My how the tables had turned...

Leaping out of the speeder, Calo toward Vima, then gestured toward the interior of the palace. ?Lead the way, m?lady? he said with a smirk to follow. If he was going to be stuck with her, he may as well be as big a pain in her neck as he possibly could. Why make things difficult? Because easy was never any fun for Calo.

19. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Tatooine

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JO5oVBIJqs]Jabba's Palace...[/link]

The TT-8L doorkeeper droid gurgled its greeting at them. Whatever it said in Huttese, it was rude. Korto grinned wide. "Always the charmer, doorman. You know us." The droid grudgingly conceded, and the door creaked open loudly, mechanically.

"Lead the way, m'lady," said the Mandalorian, who had been engaged in some tete-a-tete with Vima. She smirked, and entered the dark hallway as B'Omarr monks in their braincases skittered about. Gamorrean guards grunted their hellos.

The Grandmaster felt their approach and stood from his position in the depths of the citadel. He had been meditating. It took a lot of strength to keep his emotions in check during his stay here, so accustomed was he to allowing his anger and hate to flow, but the former palace of a Hutt - a slaver, a gangster, an oppressor on Tatooine - had proved ideal as a base of operations. It had sufficient space, sufficient resources, it carried sufficient respect on the planet, and it was far from the cities. As he walked through the corridors - brighter now than Jabba used to keep them - Noghri soldiers and monks alike nodded their acknowledgment and respect. Younglings trained alongside knights and masters. This base was an affront to everything the Empire stood for.

The Grandmaster chose to meet them in Jabba's old receiving room, timing his arrival to match theirs. He stood tall, removed his hood, revealing a wizened face and long hair tied behind his head. None of his old bearing was gone. He said nothing as the group entered, Korto and Vima bowing. The Mandalorians did not know who he was, so he did not fault them for a lack of respect. Still, something about his presence unsettled them, as if they knew him.

OOC:
    More later.
  20. blubeast1237 Jedi Master

star 5
    Corran Horn
    -Tower, Naboo

He felt queasy as he was sure something had just been unleashed into the Force. He grabbed his stomach, but continued to think. He was no expert slicer so if the real codes were to be accessed there had to be a way he could access them relatively routinely. Mainly because if one of devastators needed to be shut off or back on, the codes would have to be in reach of whoever was monitoring them. He plugged his datapad back into the computer and began to scan through columns and columns of data. He saw numbers aligned with planet systems and increasing weight totals. The World Devastators and the matter they were gobbling up no doubt. He was near the codes, but not there yet.

Since these were basically the monitoring systems layout he was looking at, he downloaded them, before continuing his digging cycle. A couple of seconds passed, beads of sweat from anxiety accumulated on the Dog's forehead, before he saw something. The page that pulled up was something similar to a control panel: Something to increase or decrease production. He downloaded that as well, but what actually caught his eye were the alphanumerical codes scrolling across the bottom. It took a moment for Corran to realize that he was currently using the access codes right now. How else would he be able to look and even monitor this data?

He looked around him, stretching out in the Force trying to figure how much time he had. Then he began streaming each column of codes onto his datapad. He had found what he was looking for. He was sure of it.

Tag: Matty, Kev, Mitth
  21. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Naboo

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOKhQ8ObQ7E]Tower...[/link]

As information continued to flood into his datapad, and the shutdown codes were still not apparent, a dreadful possibility began to take shape: what if there were no shutdown codes? The World Devastators, perfect engines of utter destruction...perhaps they were designed to never stop.

The darkness drew closer.

The inside of the facility yawned before the dark Jedi, but a single point of blackness far above them showed what they had feared. Skywalker's Dog had already infiltrated. Who knew what he'd already uncovered. They would have to be quick.

TAG: Blu, Mitth, Kev
  22. blubeast1237 Jedi Master

star 5
    Corran Horn
    -The Tower, Naboo

The building shifted as a blast smashed against it. Corran unclipped his lightsaber. He had downloaded a large amount of information, he had some access codes, but not deactivation codes, no doubt what Skywalker was looking for. He wiped his brow. No, there had to deactivation codes somewhere. What if there was an accident and a World Devastator was turned on the old Empire? It would have to be shut down, so here had to be codes that existed somewhere.

Somewhere...yes, but that did not mean here. Or maybe they were, but were behind layers and layers of cyberwalls that Corran could never hope to bypass in a millennia. Alas, he was no slicer and did not have that expertise and time was up. It was either die without getting the data back to the Emperor or regroup, hand over what he had taken, and fight another day. Corran chose the latter and ignited his blade.

He unplugged his datapad and drained the console of all power, giving him enough of a boost to shatter a window across the room from him as he sought to make his escape before his adversaries could reach him.

Tag: Kev, Mitthy, Matty
  23. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    IC: Han Solo
    Millennium Falcon, Kashyyyk

Seconds soon turned into minutes and still, Leia failed to give any kind of response. Han suspected that perhaps the lizards were better off than he initially thought and somehow acquired jamming equipment, but then another disturbing thought entered his mind. What is Leia was simply ignoring him? Too caught up in her Jedi business to even give him the time of day? In this case, it could mean the difference between life and death. Anger coursed through his veins as he brought the comlink back to his lips to try again, but never got the chance to send the message. A steady thumping sound began to echo up the main access corridor and Han knew the Falcon well enough to know that it wasn't a result of anything they had done - or in this case, failed to do. They were being boarded.

"Chewie, try 'em again!" Han shouted as he rose from the maintenance bay, trading the comlink in his hand for his blaster. "We got company!"

Chewie probably didn't need the warning, but it was always wise to keep the line of communication open. This way, at least Han could be assured that they were on the same page once those ugly lizards finally reared their scaly faces.

Keeping a steady pace, Han rounded a corner in the corridor with his blaster poised and at the ready. He was not in a good mood. Bossk will regret his decision to mess with him today - he would see to that personally.

TAG: Matt, Xan
  24. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Kashyyyk

The wroshyrs...

There are some sights that are so out of place that it takes a few moments to even register what you're seeing. So it was for the Trandoshans and their stormtrooper escorts upon seeing the streak of white and blue, like something from old holos. It was a Jedi, a human woman. For some, once the image settled, this fierce warrior from legend standing over the groggy children, the reaction was fear - they retreated, took cover, commed for help. The stormtroopers, staunch in their confidence in the Empire, didn't budge. The braver Trandoshans - the five or so left - remembered the price on Jedi that stayed in place since Order 66. She would fetch more dead than any Wookiee would alive. They set their blasters, and took aim. Blaster shots rang out in the trees.

TAG: Xan

The landing platform...

"Chewie! Try 'em again! We got company!"

Chewie hesitated, hearing Han's voice over the comm. Going back to the cockpit would mean abandoning the turret. He groaned, but hearing blaster shots from the corridors told him he needed to get them out of here and quick. Chewie slid down the ladder and shouldered his bowcaster, swiping it through the air in case there were invaders. He made it to the cockpit unencumbered, and pounded at the controls. The Falcon whined in protest, but she coughed to life. Chewie closed the boarding ramp and hollered his success to his captain.

TAG: HSolo29
  25. Sawn_Kassal Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Calo Fett
    Tatooine, Jabba's Palace

Following Vima and the Kiffar, Calo found himself staring into the eyes of a very old Noghri. Noticing his two guides bowing in respect, Calo decided to follow suit for relations sake. Something wasn?t right about him, Calo couldn?t put his finger on it, but there was something that didn?t sit right with him about this old Noghri.

?Greetings exalted one, I am Calo Fett, ambassador of Mandalore.? The old clone gestured to his partner ?And this is Zaydin Demasca, my comrade. We come here on this day to ask a favor of you on behalf of our leader, Mandalore.?

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.