main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Star Wars: Episode VI - As Father and Son - Part 3

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by BobaMatt, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Tatooine

The Temple...

"A favor?" The older man remarked from beneath his hood. A few Noghri at the edges of the room shifted in the shadows. "Do you even know who we are? What we do here? Our reasons for fighting the Empire? And why is your traveling companion so silent?"

The cloaked man moved towards them. "Well? What is it your Mandalore seeks of us mysterious figures?"

TAG: Sawn, Sarge

2. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    The Maw

The Maw Installation...

The young boy Caden looked up at the figures surrounding him in the blue darkness of the facility. He was naked, unashamed in his innocence, and staring upwards into the glowing eyes, the faces obscured by shadow and cloaks. Arcane instruments, unintelligible to him, were at the figures' disposal, and lesser children would be afraid. His parents had taught him how to be unafraid, how to grip the cold that waited in the back of his mind and hold it tightly for strength. He would not cry. Caden Skywalker never cried.

He felt his parents far away approaching, soothing, and the dark figures, men and women barely human, were preparing for something. Something important. Caden Skywalker never cried.

He felt, on another distant world, spirits he had bonded with in fear. He tried to give them strength, but they could not hear him. They were like him, and as soon as he opened to the Force it was as if they had all found one another. He had never met them, but he knew them. He did not let them know what was happening to him now, for then perhaps they would fear as well.

Silently, he awaited his parents' arrival.

TAG: Sinrebirth

3. Sawn_Kassal

Sawn_Kassal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2008
    Calo Fett
    Tatooine, The Noghri Temple (Jabba?s Palace)

The old Mando realized he would have to choose his words carefully, the Noghri seemed very distrusting of he and Zaydin. Could be because they were off worlders, Force only knew, nevertheless he would do what he could to persuade the Grandmaster to aid them.

?Our people are not so different. Like you, our world was devastated by the Empire. We are also warriors who seek to strike back at the Empire who was wronged us. With the Rebellion in disarray and the Empire with such a massive fleet at it?s disposal, it is necessary that we all band together to defeat this common enemy. Together, our three factions could form a powerful faction that could topple this Empire, then at last we would be free. The galaxy,? he corrected himself ?would be free.?

Calo realized it was probably going to take more convincing considering the Noghri had been just fine keeping the Empire off of Tatooine. Why would they want to help someone else when their defense was going so well?

TAG: Matt, Sarge

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kir Kanos - Emperor's Hand
    Naboo, Imperial Facility

Over the blast of his companions zealous destruction of the obsticle in their path, he walked around his companion. Listening to the wind, as it whispered of dark tidings of a shade unwholesome as it was bathed in the mire of Skywalker. No better than a Hutt's fighting Nekk, and it was they who would prove themselves the true beasts of champion battles for the true Emperor.

"It withdraws, but shall not escape. Shall we divide?" he asked as he stepped forward in preperation to leap through the hole in the door. Once the answer was given, he would be off as fast as his legs aided by the soon to be howling winds of the Force could carry him.

TAG: Kev, Blue, Matt

OOG:
    Sorry for the short post, a little pulled short on brains at the moment.

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Kev-Mas Colcha
    Naboo, Factory
    The Wild Hunt
    "Wait," said Kev-Mas, pausing for a brief second, sensing the fear and urgency in his prey. "I need to alert security of something," he said, as his prosthetic eyes underneath his visor whirred as they brought up a communications display, for the comlink he just activated, and used to contact the facility's head of security.

"Be on alert for any unauthorized personnel leaving any buildings on the premises," was the command the former Shadow Guard droned over the comlink. "Position troops outside all exits and viewports to be prepared to apprehend the aforementioned unauthorized personnel with extreme caution. Target is armed and dangerous as well as a known Force User."

"Let's go," said Kev-Mas, as he followed his companion through the hole he made through the blast door, and after him wherever he went.

TAG: Mitth, Matt, blu

6. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Naboo

Imperial tower...

The darksiders could feel the guards scrambling outside like ants on their skin, taking up positions outside the doors, unseen behind feet of durasteel but nonetheless perceptible as pinpricks in their retinas. "Let's go."

And they began their search, casting feelers in the Force. The building stood tall over the forest, a good forty stories, but the Dog of Skywalker had not yet escaped.
    High up in the facility, the Imperial Knight had a decision to make, and that was how to get the hell out. He felt them: two. Guards outside. No windows. A datapad in his hand - a clear target. This would not be easy. But Corran Horn did not like easy. It was beneath him.

TAG: Blu, Kev, Mitth

Tatooine[/b]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGF74I57F6A][i]Jabba's former throne room[/i][/link]

?Our people are not so different. Like you, our world was devastated by the Empire. We are also warriors who seek to strike back at the Empire who was wronged us. With the Rebellion in disarray and the Empire with such a massive fleet at it?s disposal, it is necessary that we all band together to defeat this common enemy. Together, our three factions could form a powerful faction that could topple this Empire, then at last we would be free. The galaxy, would be free.?

The Mandalorian spoke well, but the Grandmaster was not shaken. "Do you think it's just Noghri here? You speak as though you believe that, beneath this hood, I am Noghri. You do not understand the full scope of what's happening here, and I cannot fully trust you. Not yet. This is...much larger than the politics of the day, I'm afraid. This is not a rebellion I've begun here, but a holy, cleansing army. I am not a Noghri. Nor a Human. I am a weapon."

[b]TAG: Sawn, Sarge
    [hr]
    Mandalore[/b]

The objectives were clear as the first Q-class set down on the ashen surface. First, secure the ports. Second, secure any vessels carrying [i]beskar[/i] already mined. Third, secure the mines. Cut off from the Mandalorians in orbit, Boba Fett and the others in the first wave could only hope and, ocassionally, gaze up with macrobinoculars. The group split up, but Fett stayed with Alec as they approached the first dock with four others. Six was all it would take.

[b]TAG: Kahn, Sarge
    [hr]
    The Maw Installation[/b]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrazPrTwQJI][i]The Maw Installation...[/i][/link]

The thing that had always bothered Luke about the Maw Installation was the way it was fatiguing on the eyes, as if they had to work harder to gather light to themselves before it was stolen away by the voracious singularities that surrounded it. Still, he had grown accustomed to this fatigued. It had been his home while his father planned Palpatine's overthrow. Could either of them have known, then, that he had returned? If he had not returned, would overthrowing Vader in turn have been necessary

Of course it would. Luke had learned to not allow his doubts to seep into the Force around his wife.

Caden's aura burned deep in the facility, and it was there that they were headed. Luke did not ask [i]Why is this necessary?[/i] Instead he asked his wife, "Will he survive the ritual?"

[b]TAG: Sinrebirth[/b]

7. Sawn_Kassal

Jul 29, 2008
    Calo Fett
    Jabba's former Throne Room, Tatooine

Calo took the Noghri Grandmaster?s words in and pondered on them before making a decision on what to reply with. ?Then what must I do to change that?? he asked ?What will you have me do to earn your trust?? they needed the Noghri?s help and by any means necessary Calo was going to gain it regardless of what he must do in order to achieve that goal. Force only knew what he was getting himself into by jumping into this situation as he was, but that was Calo's way, he was a man of action. He did not sit idly by and let things happen, it forced his hand to influence them. No warrior ever changed things by watching the world around him change. A philosophy Calo had held onto since his days with Daylana.

TAG: Sarge, Matt

8. Sawn_Kassal

Jul 29, 2008
    Flint Torul II
    Mandalore airspace

Exiting hyperspace, the chromium plated Eta-3 soared toward the vicious battle raging between the Mandalorians and the Skywalker Empire. Barrel rolling, Flint avoided several blasts, 5p wowing in an unnerved warning. ?Don?t worry 5P, you?re not gonna get scraped, not tonight,? he told the droid calmly, bringing his fighter to bare on a set of StarVipers engaging several TIEs.

Standing out amongst the battle, was a slim black super star destroyer, easily recognizable as Jerec?s Vengeance. It was a mystery to him why Luke kept that scheming fool around. He was no better than Hethrir, who Flint held an equal if not exceeding amount of disdain for.

?Attention Vengeance, this is Lord Flint. Inform Jerec of my arrival? jerking his controls hard right, he tailed the four StarVipers. Following them, he used the Force to get a clear shot on the rear left fighter. Squeezing the triggers, he unleashed a volley of laserfire at the back fighter, barrel rolling he unleashed yet another volley into the opposite fighter, the other two breaking off.

TAG: Matt

9. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC:

My own busy-ness, combined with the busy-ness of others, had a lot to do with the lag in activity in this game. A general lack of interest on the part of players after about two years, I suspect, was another - it's not as if people were exactly clamoring for more updates. I think I wanted to post this, in a way, to bring closure, and partially because I know there are players interested in the universe set up here, if not this particular game.

The mysterious leader on Tatooine, in case you haven't already guessed it, is the redeemed Anakin Skywalker, taking advantage of his old identity and seeking to do good with it. The Noghri were loyal to Vader, and the Tuskens were terrified of the angry ghost that wiped out a whole village. The survivors of Order 66, having felt the tremendous stir in the Force and having been well acquainted with the prophecy of Balance, threw in their lot with Skywalker and his army. Anakin was, hopefully, going to develop an amusing relationship with Han, as he is not married to his daughter, and is kind of a scoundrel. I also think Anakin would have wanted to train the twins, which Leia, no doubt, would have taken issue with. I wonder how that would have turned out. Also, in true K'Kruhk fashion, DarkLordoftheFins was interested in reprising his role - he's never as dead as he seems to be, that K'Kruhk.

Tatooine was to become a base of operations for the Rebel Alliance, a place where the disparate factions could come together once again. The Mandalorians would, ultimately, become the major force behind the Rebellion, as so much of the Rebels' resources have been scuttled. I think their traditional allegiance to the Sith would have factored into the plotline, both Empires seeking to take advantage of that history, perhaps seeding dissent, trying to gain the Mandalorians due to their knowledge that, well, the Mandos are badass.

I was interested in seeing how the relationship between Lumiya and Luke turned out, especially with their son, who at the opening of Part III was in the Maw to receive tattoos and an initiation into the Sith. The Imperial Knights would no doubt begin to disintegrate, the Rule of Two's wisdom becoming apparent. I imagine that there would be a good old kidnapping plot here, too. Jacen and Jaina are always getting kidnapped. Sinrebirth had a plan for Lumiya, and for a mysterious Inquisitor character he wanted to play. He didn't share those plans with me, preferring to keep them a surprise. I would be interested to hear, now, what they were.

Luke's machine would need to be dismantled, and Palpatine's clones destroyed. The Jedi being a renewed presence in the galaxy would have been fun to play, but I'm glad we got to fulfill Kyle's prophecy.

The final battle would have taken place either on Coruscant or Tatooine. I was undecided whether Luke would be redeemed and sacrifice himself or ultimately turn his Empire into a more benevolent institution, similar to what Roan Fel has going. Similarly undecided on whether redeemed Anakin would survive his battle with Palpatine. There would, of course, be a twin duel. I think I liked the idea of Han getting a chance to kill Palpatine, again, like he does in canon.

It's not terribly well fleshed out, but I think that's the sum of what I knew at the start. I'd love to hear what my players had in mind for their characters.

10. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    OOC:

Leia was going to go after Luke and the Sith, naturally. There would be that epic twin battle with Leia attempting one last time to turn Luke back to the light, but still trying very hard to murder him. But after that ... well ...

Assuming she survived, she was going to leave the Order and refuse to raise the twins as Jedi.

Which Anakin would have taken issue with, I'm sure. :p

For Leia, I think being a Jedi was always more about duty than anything else. She never had Luke's "I want to be like my dad" motivation (even though that ended with him following Vader to the dark side) - it was just Yoda telling her she had a brother, who had just gone evil, and she was the only one who could stop him. She threw herself into being a Jedi, even reinvented herself rather thoroughly for it, but ultimately being a Jedi to her was always about building herself up to destroy someone she loved. Which isn't exactly the groundwork for long-term success and happiness.

So she would have turned away from all that, probably destroyed her lightsaber as well, and concentrated on rebuilding the galaxy. Maybe she and Han would have ended up married, once they were a few years removed from the reflexive stubbornness in the face of Anakin's priest. Maybe she would have reconciled with Anakin, but that too would be a few years in the making (canonically she has issues with holding grudges). And if in a couple of decades Jacen and Jaina decided they wanted to train as Jedi, well, that would be fine too.

11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC:

Yes, canonically she holds a grudge against Vader for a long time. I wonder how that would have impacted their working relationship trying to bring down the Empires. I think Anakin, if he survived, would probably have left somewhere to be alone, his "purpose" fulfilled in bringing Balance, and his sins so difficult to atone for.

12. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    OOC

I hadn't planned out a lot, hoping instead to let Muri flow with the game. I did have some ideas though of course. Muri was going to take the Mandalorian Iron from his heist, and combine it with Echani armor crafting to create a sort of hybrid armor. Thin, light, and strong. I intended for him to take this armor and offer it to the Mandalore, as opening of a allegiance between the mandalorians and potentially more smugglers wanting to make a stand again.

Outside that as the story went on Muri's abilities with the Force would have grown, until finally he would have come face to face with Kev-Mas Colcha the cause of all his hardships. The out come of this was already determined by me and Kev, and would have played into both characters final chapters in the game.

That said: Every one can at least enjoy this image of our favorite white haired smuggler.

13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC:

As I was telling ya, I wanted to include Kev-Mas eventually to allow for you to have a nemesis, and I also wanted your son Vincent to make an appearance as an Imperial Knight.

14. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: I just wanted the Mandalorians to kick butt. That is all :p Well...maybe I had briefly wondered about Sel's fate such as a possible death and what would happen to the little Alec but...yeah, more butt kicking :cool:

15. Sawn_Kassal

Jul 29, 2008
    OOC: As always, Flint would remain loyal to Luke and Lumiya ?til the very end. Seems strange that a Sith Lord would be as such doesn?t it? Though loyal he was, just as Darth Maul had been to Sidious before his own death (what he would?ve done later is irrelevant lol). Before her final battle with Luke, with Matt and Xan?s blessing, he was going to have a great battle with Leia, I?m talking on the scale of Obi-Wan/Anakin in ROTS.

During the the battle, Leia would question his allegiances, performing a reverse Dun Moch as Luke did on Vader in ROTJ. In the end, Flint would at last see his own demise if he continued down the dark path. Knowing what he must do, he sets out to attempt to show the rest of the Empire the error of it?s ways. He understands if they re-establish the Republic, it will simply crumble once more, but if they could purify the Empire, then it would be for the better.

If Luke reformed and continued to lead the Empire, then Flint would stand by his side still. Flint never saw Luke as just another dictator, someone he would eventually destroy. Flint saw Luke as a brother because of his close relationship with Vader before Luke came into the picture. However, his loyalty to Vader is ultimately what causes him to be defeated by Leia, he can?t bring himself to kill her because that would be against Vader?s wish. If that makes any sense.

The best way I suppose to explain it is that, like Mara Jade in the Thrawn Trilogy, Flint never gave into any selfish ambition therefore he was never consumed by the darkside. He drew on it, he gave into it, but he never took the...shall we say...leap into darkness that many others (ala Anakin choking Padme) had before him.

If the Empire was cleansed of it?s evil and the Imperial Knights were still amassed, Flint would no doubt still be a member. Of course, Tremayne being one of his closed friends, he would be the first that Flint would try to reach, knowing that he?d been forced into the Empire?s service.

As for Calo, the cyborg Mando would?ve eventually realized that the leader of the Tatooine Resistance was none other than Anakin, upon this revelation, Calo would attack disregarding the fact that he was no longer Vader. After a brief scuffle, Anakin would have probably convinced him to put his own pride aside long enough to do what must be done.

In doing that and after completing his service to Mandalore by striking a bargain with the Tatooine Resistance, Calo would ultimately be brought into a final battle with the 501st where he would at last avenge his deceased wife and die valiantly in the course of the battle. With Sarge?s blessing, Calo?s dying words would be to ask Zaydin to watch over his daughter in nephew, he would go on to say that what Zaydin did not know about being the Mandalorian, the children would teach him and what they didn?t know about being adults, he would in turn show thme. Thus, Calo Fett would become one with the Force. Joining his brother, wife, and bestfriend in the netherealm of the Force.

Oh and also, I was hoping at some point Flint would meet up and begin a feud with Mara Jade before the final battle took place and he would eventually have fallen for her. Hey, if Luke's got Shira then why not *shrug, chuckle* that's pretty much the gist of where I was going with my characters.

16. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    So . . . how does SirakRomar do that? Everybody wants to have relationship with her characters, no matter who or WHAT she plays :p . . .

So, both my cvharacters were meant for a return. Interesting enough Jaalib actually way played out eastern last year and we never got around posting them.

Jaalib was meant to fall for Mara Jade and ultimately have become the apprentice of Joruus C´Boath (TSG agreed to portray him and I was REALLY amazed by her take on him). Finally he would have returned to the light, most liekly after killing his own father and should have been the driving force in the "Quest to End Palp-Cloning" together with Mara Jade. Who would never have had become his lover, though. I know how hard Sirak is to convince, so I agreed to that form the start [face_laugh]

Our non-canonical Table-Top end to the story was Jaalib being slain by a crying Joruus 8who loved him,, but was genetically bound to do his Masters bidding) and Mara killing a final revived Clone of Palpy (after someone killed him somewhere). I imagined Jaalib to die there, sacrificing himself.

I had Draco agree to reprise Adalric for a final death scene, in which he would have reprised Kiplands "If". Dying with the words: "The galaxy is yours and all that is in it. And what´s more important, you are a man my son." Would have been lovely.

K´Kruhk
    was not more than the idea that as long as his hat is on his head he can´t die. So he might have returned just in time to save some day. And I always envisioned him teaching Anakin a lesson that power does not make you anything near a Jedi Master. But I expected BobaMatt to be less than enthusiastic about that.
    I agreed with LordT one day, that if we ever met up, Palpy would give K´Kruhk an honorable Jedi Master death.

17. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Not to rain on your parade Sawn, but Leia isn't the redeemer type. The only reason she even tried to turn Luke back is that they were close. She has a tendency to hold grudges and be unforgiving (in EU canon, she hated Vader for a long time, and tried to bar former Imperials from entering the New Republic Senate years after the Emperor's death) - so I'd say if she and Flint fought she would have just done her best to cut his head off.

18. Sawn_Kassal

Jul 29, 2008
    Fin: I think the fact that Jade's a redhead had something to do with it

Xan: Hm, possibly. Would've been a bitter end, I guess we'll never really know now. Nevertheless, I enjoyed this greatly. I'd like to extend my thanks to everyone for making this such a great game

19. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Anakin might be, but I think that's true, and a lesson Anakin learned the hard way and probably needs to be reminded of periodically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.