main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST STAR WARS: EPISODE VII CAST ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    An article in the Mirror says that Billie will be sporting the double bun hairdo. I bet she will make a brief appearance as a minor character for comic effect. Leia: I like your hair.

My hunch is that mention of the hair caused people to jump to hasty conclusions.

2. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013

Good thinking, maybe that's all it is. They have given her a cameo and have purposely given her the buns, as a nice little nod to her mum, and someone has jumped to a ridiculous conclusion!

3. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Its the Mirror... enough said. You should always take them with a huge truck load of salt. They're practically a tabloid, if Chewie wasn't a known character they'd be reporting bigfoot sightings. [face_tee_hee]

FRAGWAGON and Claire1976 like this.
  4. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Wasn't there a scoop/rumor a while back that they were trying to cast a young Princess Leia?

Ryus likes this.
  5. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Several, one involved the movie only taking place a few years after RotJ, another was about spinoffs, and yet another was about flashback/holorecordings of the past (clearly this is the one related to the above "rumor")

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  6. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013

Yep, and I didn't believe it, but think there was some truth to it, they were casting for Leias to work at the Disney Parks :p

7. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Well perhaps there was some truth to that rumor afterall. By itself, the Sun's report is not believable. But coupled with the earlier rumor, perhaps where there is smoke there is fire.

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  8. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I hope if the rumors are true, it's not a flashback or time-jump plot devise ala Star Trek. Both seem inconsistent with the Star Wars style. I'm down with a hologram recording.

9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    If this is true, there could be any number of reasons to have a young version of a character that don't require a flash back, that being said, I don't mind flash backs so long as they are done well and make sense for the story.

10. DARTH-FURBABY

DARTH-FURBABY Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2004
    We have a 30 year gap (according to IMDb.com) between ROTJ and episode 7, so it doesn't surprise me that there are rumors of flashbacks. The continuity of the story would be lost if there was no mechanism to bridge this time gap. One of these could be a synopsis of this 30 yr history in the opening crawl.

11. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    Although I suppose there are reasons to link Billie with such a role, considering the lack of details about other characters in the film - ones who are more important and with more screentime - it seems funny that details about 'young Leia' can be leaked but other things which must be easier to find out and leak have not been told. It could be that people have misinterpreted Billie's character if she is in the film, jumping to conclusions based on her being Carrie's daughter and apparently having the Leia hairstyle.

Padme had a similar style in Ep III as did minor characters Liana Merian and Delva Racine. So maybe Billie could be playing someone close to Leia, like an aide maybe and so she has that classic hairstlye.

Star Wars is not known for flashbacks but if there is a younger Leia then she may be seen as part of a vision experienced in the present rather than the film simply showing a scene that takes place in the past. Anakin saw the future in Ep III and the Force apparently does allow you to see the past as well. At the moment I can't see why that would be necessary though unless they want to show what happened immediately after ROTJ. But even then there would have to be a specific reason (if indeed it is not a straight flashback) since you could otherwise surely explain what happened in another way pretty easily.

I can't see Abrams/Kasdan writing a flashback scene simply to explain what's happened in the last 30 years. I feel they'd rather do it simply in the crawl and in dialogue in the film, especially since there'll be plenty of other stuff going on. Those 30 years may contain momentous events but they're gone and so they're never going to be properly shown on screen, so it seems redundant to show them at all when it could be handled in other ways, more in keeping with the other films.

Claire1976 likes this.
  12. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Two new cast members! Pip Andersen and Crystal Clarke.

[​IMG]

Poor Maisie Richardson-Sellars just can't officially get acknowledged!!

13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  14. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Horray more pretty people! :)

15. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
  16. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    Rachel and Thomas!?

Now I'm really confused...

17. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    If I could smack people with the internet....

The Rachel and Thomas bit was a TEST. It was a TEST, not a scene or metaphor of a scene from the movie. They were not characters from Episode VII. They were lines practically straight out of The Hunger Games. They were used to TEST an actor's ability. Nothing more.

18. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Nice to have some more potential eye candy for us ladies....he's a cutie ;)

And it does look like we have found "Rachel" and "Thomas", so maybe some people can now stop assuming that Daisy Ridley is playing "Rachel".

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I've added Pip Andersen and Crystal Clarke to the officially confirmed info thread. If someone wants to create individual threads for them, please do so (and we'll tag it Official).

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yay, more actors! =D=

Oh, kark, I think this guy reminds me of the kid from Hunger Games (not necessarily a bad thing, mind). :p

21. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001

Yeah, I can see that! He's cute.

Revanfan1 and Claire1976 like this.
  22. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

Lines out of the Hunger Games do not mean "Rachel" and "Thomas" are not real characters in Episode VII. In fact, this news proves that they ARE. They were looking for one actor and one actress from those casting calls, and they found them.

So yeah. :rolleyes:

Claire1976 likes this.
  23. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    That is so weird. We know she was on the set. I can't imagine why they haven't announced her.

Claire1976 and Lurknomore like this.
  24. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    The mention of parkour was interesting. Wasn't there some sprt of spy report from the abu dhabi shots talking about some parkour-style chases being filmed?

25. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

It was a screen test. Nothing about those lines, characters or character names has anything to do with the movie. Hyperfocusing on the Rachel and Thomas characters from the screen test is like focusing on the importance of duct tape as a character in Episode 7 because they used it to help rig some sets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.