main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS Episode VII: in production

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Ecubro, Jul 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ecubro

Ecubro Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2001
    I have written to this forum many times about a good idea about am Episode VII idea. I have written two drafts of an Episode VII script. I am currently on my third and final. When I am done, I will pick one script out of the three and be will begin filming in October 2002. The movie is scheduled for a Christmas 2003 release. I am very excited about it. Here's a brief run down of my first installment of the new trilogy.

--16 years since Return of the Jedi
    --Rebel Alliance has formed the New Republic
    --The Jedi Order is in limited number and still is rebuilding
    --Luke Skywalker has left the New Republic to focus on his Jedi Academy on Yavin IV.
    --There will be six planets in the movie (Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, Yavin IV, Ord Mantell, and Kessel)
    --Returning Characters you thought were dead.
    --A new Sith Apprentice

As I said before, the film will not begin filming until October 2002. This will not just be some short 8 minute movie. This movie will probably be at least 100 minutes. But I will release the movie into parts. Same with the other two which are coming along within the next five years. Anyway, enjoy. E-mail me at Ecubro@aol.com for any questions. This will unlike anything you've ever seen.

Episode VII-2003
    Episode VIII-2004
    Episode IX-TBA

2. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    sounds cool, but where are you going to actors that can pass off as Luke and other actors... sounds like a challenge.

I can't wait to see what you use for Nar Shaddaa, Ord Mantell, and Kessel. Since we have never seen these locations of film (is this right?) it should be very interesting to see what your vision is.

One more thing, is this film going to be completely bluecreened? (this seems like the most obvious choice because of all the locations) And if not where will you shoot what?

3. Ecubro

Ecubro Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2001
    I plan to use bluescreen for the outdoor locations and just a regular set for indoor locations. With the exception of the Coruscat scenes which look out over the city. The movie will be well done. Hopefully it will be as close as Phantom Manace and Attack of the Clones by special effects. And the actors part, they look pretty close to the main characters. And those who dont will just use computers to put the look into their faces. It's all good.

4. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Can you even do all of that? Have you done anything else before?

5. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    You might be better off having the action take place not long after the principals have gone ... that way you can focus on how the new republic copes in their absence.

6. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    this means you are starting PRE-Production.

In my opinion pre-production is simple... you can take your time and nothing can stop you if you wish.

Once you enter PRODUCTION post some production stills and I'll be there.

Cya
    Mike

7. Yoc

Yoc Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2002
    You also know that Lucas used, like, 20 million dollars to produce the PTM, right? You better hope you have an unlimited supply of money if you want to achieve (or surpass) their effects.

8. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Yoc, I'm going to assume you're talking about The Phantom Menace, which cost about $120 million to make.

9. christmastom

christmastom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2002
    If you want to match the special effects of TPM and AOTC, then you might consider more time for post-production. George Lucas only finished TPM 3 weeks before release, which was like to years I think. Anyway, it sounds like an awesome movie, good luck!

10. wixmmm

Jun 8, 2001
    wow.

Cya
    Mike

11. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    I hate to say this...but dont u think thatwell, for one its a bit ambitious...thats NOT a bad thing, but Im saying ur not giving urself enough time, and two, that your name Episode VII is VERY redundant....a LOT of fanfilms have Episode VII in the title, just like Episode III.V,and three, where r u gonna get anyone who can rival TPM's effects? ESPECIALLY if you are planning on making it in one year.

I dont mean to be a damper, but Im trying to be realistic.

Good luck!

~Neszis~

12. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    BRAVO, Neszis. :D
    You hit the nail RIGHT ON THE HEAD.

Why do people think they need to name their FanFilms EPISODE ANYTHING ???
    It seems kinda arrogant to me that people think their FanFilm will somehow be the "definitive" continuation of the Star Wars saga after TOTJ.

Why not simply name your FanFilm what it is ... ie. "STAR WARS: (enter title here)"

Leave the "EPISODES" to the fella who CREATED the "Episodes" in the first place.
    I don't think that it is too much of a level of respect to ask ... do you? ;)

13. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Um, how come most fanfilm are directly tied to the original movies anyway? The one I'm a part of now takes place six months after the Yuuzhan Vong crisis with another Jedi Academy being formed on Dantooine since Luke's got destroyed. Episode number? Hell if I know. Probably like 25 or something. Try building off of the EU, because ignoring previously established material gets kinda tiring to viewers.

14. Sketcher

Sketcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    i try to look at the story rather than how great your special fx are. as long as your story is good and not just a whole jedi vs. sith thing (since this is supposed to be episode 7 following 6) and you get other characters involved. like droids, smugglers, ex-imperial guys maybe. i am curious to know who the new evil force will be since the empire is gone. is it?

15. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    And those who dont will just use computers to put the look into their faces

NO. Wrong.

You do EVERYTHING you can on set, in camera, because you have NO IDEA how hard it will be to do what you are proposing. Cast properly, and say only infrequently, if ever, "We'll fix it in post."

Nothing in digital post is as easy as ILM and DVD behind-the-scenes would have you believe.

M. Scott

16. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Chevalier-mal-Fet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm a stickler for EU continuity simply because I grew up reading those books... are you going to base this on one of the books, or run parallel to some, or just ignore them entirely?

17. Ecubro

Ecubro Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2001
    I will not bother with the books and the timeline really. I am completely tying in all the books that I like and making a brand new story. If people don't like it, then they wont have to watch it. For people who are still interested, thanks. Also, I will be posting the list of characters to be seen in the movie in the next few days. Keep watching

18. Ecubro

Ecubro Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2001
    Here is a brief character outline for Star Wars Episode VII.

Luke Skywalker
    Han Solo
    Kyle Katarn
    Senator Leia Solo
    Lando Calrissian
    Mara Jade
    Chewbacca
    Chancellor Mon Mothma
    Kaerobani
    C-3PO
    R2-D2
    Emperor Palpatine
    Boba Fett
    Grand Admeral Thrawn
    Darth (Sry wont be revealed yet)
    Jacen Solo
    Jaina Solo
    Brakiss
    Anakin Solo
    Yoda (Ghost)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ghost

(LOTS MORE) THIS IS ONLY BREIF

19. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Okay .... no offense, but I now I KNOW there is no way you are making this FanFilm.
    Me thinks your eyes are a bit too large for your stomach. ;)

20. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001

Ecubro -

You must be an extremely talented filmmaker. Can you give me a link to any other films you've worked on? Or do you have any films I can download?

:)

21. wixmmm

Jun 8, 2001
    I don't think you know what you're getting into.

If you make this fanfilm, I think hell has officially frozen over...

Start small man, really, you don't know what you're doing... if I see a post in the next few weeks saying "I need some CGI people to join our team" All possible respect for you will be lost.

Cya
    Mike

PS: Out of curiosity, what programs WILL you be doing to "make the faces look like them in post". I've used lots of programs in my day, and i cannot think of one easy way that would look good to do this...

22. DRProducer

DRProducer Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2002
    TAC

What makes you think his eyes are a bit to large for his stomach?Heck,he may be a millionaire.Heh.

23. christmastom

christmastom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2002
    Although money is a factor, it still depends a lot on the skill and experience of the director. And if this is his first project, then it will be a huge challenge.

24. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    After showing this thread to a friend of mine, this conversation took place:
    JOE: I would like to see this film, and if he pulls it off the way he says he will I will lick my own @$$.
    MATT: Dude, I will lick your @$$ and then drink only lighter fluid for 5 years of my life.

25. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    i think a 100 minute film is a bit much for your first ever film, but if you do pull it off somehow don't expect the effects to be anyting near TPM, nor Duality, nor Storm Ahead. If it takes Daft almost 6 months to do all those effects for the 1 minute storm ahead trailer(which aren't excatly TPM quality)how to you expect to have better than that quality in about a year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.