main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS Episode VII: in production

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Ecubro, Jul 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    *boggle*

2. borjis fett

borjis fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 1999

Reminds me of my first fanfilm concept.

It wasn't half as ambitious and was still WAY TOO MUCH to accomplish in any reasonable amount of time.

Lots of holes remained as to accomplishing even the principle shoot itself.

And I happen to work at a post facility and have ALL the professional tools at my disposal.

But good luck to you nevertheless.

Tac, I sense you are a VERY wise man :)

3. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Wow, arent we optimistic!

:D

No, but seriously, we arent being just negative. We're being a LOT LOT LOT more practical and realistic than u. No offense, but u truly have no chance at doing this. I have no chance at doing this. TAC has no chance, Nick Hallam has no chance, Dave Macomber has no chance, and George Lucas has no chance unless he works every single day all day and occasionally all night on it with unlimited funds. Which is basically what he has, but still...you get the picture. You are being REALLY REALLY impractical. Do not try to do this or u will waste ur money. Start MUCH smaller. You seem to be just getting started in filmmaking because of your naive ambitiousness (again, no offense), and a lot of us have been here a long time...we know what we're talking about. Please heed our advice and make a LOT smaller project. Make a 20 minute film or something, but do NOT expect to be able to do this. Sorry to give u the bad news, my friend, but dont shoot the messenger. Trust us, we know what we're talking about.

~Neszis~

EDIT: Removed the phrase "You're just an AOTC boomer" and replaced with "You seem new to filmmaking.."

4. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    #1 - Who knows what kind of funds/skills/talent he has at his fingertips? He could have unlimited wealth to hire as many people as he needs... or perhaps he is a filmmaking prodigy who needs like 2 hours of sleep a week? :)

#2 - As far as the Episode (XX) goes, GL has said, straight out, that he will NOT be making any more movies after Episode III, so I think that those titles are kinda wide open... and besides, we are only doing this for fun, so getting your hackles up over the name of somebody's film is kinda going overboard a bit.

#3 - This post is in no way meant to disparage the regulars here on the board. I have been trolling for awhile myself, and what he is describing does sound pretty impossible, and I respect the opinions and skills of the people who have made films and know how much work goes into it. I myself have already lost countless hours just fiddling around with the various skills... :)

#4 - I hope to hell he makes this movie, because if it lives up to his dream and vision, it will kick butt and take names... :)

#5 - Good Luck!!!!

Indy

5. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Man, if he actually DOES manage to make this movie, Im gonna be eating it.

~Neszis~

6. jpbmproductions

jpbmproductions Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    LOL I love you guys! (Not really :p)

I got some good laughs out of this!!!

btw, Spring 2003 you'll be seeing the release of my fan film, Star Wars: Episode VII Ways of the Sith ;)

And don't worry, luke is NOT in this one :p LOL

Sorry for the makin' fun of..its all in good sport, I just don't get how you seriously think on making that movie..

7. Ecubro

Ecubro Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2001
    ECUBRO: First off I would like to say, Im not really making it. Im only writting it and editing it. And some design work too. All the film making and special efftects will be done by other people. And that 2003 was a misstype. The release is around the release of Episode III. Probably even later then that. Im only trying to promote it and possible begin something for it.
    ----Later-----

8. Ecubro

Ecubro Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2001
    ECUBRO: Also I would like to say, I am actually doing a movie on my own. It's going to be a series of movies about the Jedi Knights in the Old Republic, thousands of years before the new SW movies. They're will be about ten, and about thirty minutes each one. But I am currently working for Episode VII.

9. Sketcher

Sketcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    we got some apologizin to do.

10. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    First off I would like to say, Im not really making it. Im only writting it and editing it

Also I would like to say, I am actually doing a movie on my own

Now he has me completly confused. I thought you said in your first post that this wasn't going to be a 8 minute fanfilm, its going to be a 100 minutes. Now you saying it'll be ten ten minute films, that sounds closer to 8 than 100.

You have success fully confused me!

11. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    No we dont! He mistyped something, so we went off on that! YOU HAVE APPOLOGIZING TO DO, ECUBRO! :)

:p

~Neszis~

12. Sketcher

Sketcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    so Ecubro since you're writng the film what made you use EU characters and settings instead of coming up with your own? wouldn't it be easier to come up with unknown charaters that way you don't have to find the perfect face to cast?

13. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    ya, this sounds like the biggest example of a film that will never leave the drawing board.

14. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    We have successfully stopped WhisperingDeath from being optimistic. YES! :p

~Neszis~

15. Ecubro

Ecubro Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2001
    ECUBRO: When I said I am doing a fan film of my own, I mean't a different one. Not Episode VII. I am only writing that one. I only have two jobs on this sequel trilogy. If you have any questions or if your still confused, e-mail me at Ecubro@aol.com. Im sorry if I have confused anyone on my recent posts.

16. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Im not really making it. Im only writting it and editing it. And some design work too. All the film making and special efftects will be done by other people.

Who?

...and are you talking to yourself?

M. Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.