main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico Star Wars: Episode VII - "The Empire of the Jedi" (RPG) **Next Session: TBA**

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Spike_Spiegel, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Oka, mirando la lista de players me di cuenta que salte a alguien...GERRY!!!!!! Perdon Gerardo, perdona un monton. Hice la lista y te salte!!!

1. Gerardo
    2. Luis - Jedi Investigator
    3. Jan - Jedi Vaapad
    4. Jesus
    5. Ricardo
    6. Rafa
    7. Tumba
    8. Tony
    9. Digital

2. Khal_DRhonn

Khal_DRhonn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2002
    Thanx, I was almost ready to shed a tear. :_|

3. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Oka, another nifty new thing about this RPG is the ability to choose a lightsaber form for your character. Different styles have different bonuses. The style you choose depends on your character. You may choose any form except the last two (initially).

The Seven Forms of Lightsaber Combat

Form I
    The basics of lightsaber combat comprised of attack, parry and bodyzone strikes. It is used primarily for training new Jedi in the use of the lightsaber.

Form II
    The perfect form for lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat and studied by almost every Jedi. Form II maximizes precision whilst minimizing movement so as not to tire the dueler. Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku) both preferred and mastered this form. Sith Lords expecting to combat Jedi studied this form carefully as it proved to be very effective in defeating Jedi knights.
    Bonus: +2 in melee vs melee attacks and melee vs melee defense

Form III
    This form was developed specifically to counter the threat from laser blasts. As laser blasters spread throughout the galaxy Jedi had to learn to deflect/reflect laser blasts whilst offering the smallest possible target area. From this Form III was born. After the death of Qui-Gon Jinn this form was adopted and studied carefully by Obi Wan Kenobi. Many regard a true master of Form III as almost invincible. A truly defensive form.
    Bonus: +2 lightsaber defense

Form IV
    The most acrobatic of all the lightsaber combat forms. Practitioners of Form IV took lightsaber combat to incredible new levels with amazing displays of physical prowess that were beyond anybody else. Watching a Form IV Jedi in battle would be difficult because of their ability to leap, spin, jump and fight in all 3 axis. Master Yoda was a master of Form IV. Other practitioners were Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi Wan Kenobi.
    Bonus: +2 in all physical ability checks during combat

Form V
    As the demand on the Jedi to maintain peace and order grew a more aggressive Form was needed for use in combat. Form V was designed to not only deflect laser blasts but also deflect them back on the attacker. Strength and strong lightsaber attacks feature heavily in this form which was favoured more by some Jedi than others. The morality of using an enemys weapon against them didn't sit well with some Jedi knights.
    Bonus: +2 in lightsaber deflect

Form VI
    A combination of Forms I, II, III, IV and V. Often referred to as the "diplomats form" this particular style of combat relied less upon combative movement and more upon allowing Jedi time to study diplomacy, galactic politics and their Jedi perception. Considered a lesser form by some Jedi masters it proved to be very popular amongst many Jedi knights. To truly master Form VI will take over 10 years of intensive study.
    Bonus: +1 in all previous bonuses

Form VII
    The ultimate form of lightsaber combat which combines the raw strength of Form V with the graceful movement of Form IV. Only advanced Jedi masters such as Mace Windu can use this form effectively due to the huge emotions involvedin wielding it. Such is the emotional involvement that many Jedi refuse to study Form VII because it comes too close to the Dark Side of the force. Force assisted jumps and other movements feature heavily in Form VII as do series of sudden, seemingly unrelated, movements. A form VII practitioner will appear utterly calm on the surface but inside is a seething cauldron of emotions.
    Only for Jedi Vaapad

4. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Tumba: Reading the core book, I came up with a tweak for the Beastmaster. Animal companions gain XP at half the rate the characted does. So, if you get 1,000 xp, the animal gets 500. They lvl up normally, according to the table in the Creatures section and they gain feats every third lvls like PCs do.

I also added a new special feature: Animal Telepathy.

5. Khal_DRhonn

May 8, 2002
  6. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

TUMBARK_WOOKIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I see, I was then thinking of inclining the beastmaster jedi to an alien form sort of feral in a way, and aside from that I'm developing a sort of fighting style unique to this character employing the force. More of a submission and stun guy. Is the Trianii accepted to be played?

7. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Trianii are cool. Can you get their stats? Remember to factor in the detail that Trianiis come from a female dominated species when you create your character. ;)

Edit: Found the stats

8. Khal_DRhonn

May 8, 2002
    Here's my entry into our Jedi fellowship:

1. Gerardo - Jedi Ace
    3. Jan - Jedi Vaapad
    4. Jesus
    5. Ricardo
    6. Rafa
    7. Tumba
    8. Tony
    9. Digital

9. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

TUMBARK_WOOKIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    So it seems I am a Trianii Jedi Beast master
    male and proficient in the lightsaber Form IV. Now for the pet.... any creature that is small, agile sort of monkeyish. Sorry its just that if I have a large creature like a wampa and such Im basically screwed. I want a small rat or mokeyish creature that can easily fit thru small openings and can be on me for easy carrying. Probably like a ferret or such, but I can't find any like that in the book. Pete can you whip up a species or do you want me to or do you want to use the book species only.

do you have msn?

Im going to draw the guy right now and make some back history.

When do we gather to roll stats and such? LOL

10. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Tumba, I'll talk to you in MSN.

I've tweaked Jedi Umbra a bit, Ricardo you might want to check it out.

11. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    1. Gerardo - Jedi Ace
    3. Jan - Jedi Vaapad (Form VII)
    4. Jesus
    5. Ricardo
    6. Rafa
    7. Tumba - Jedi Beastmaster (Form IV)
    8. Tony
    9. Digital

12. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    - Tony what about a descendant of Resnor Gray?
    - I?m interested in be de medic of the group ("Healing skills" as Jan put it). But I have still to read the new Jedi?s classes, so I will decide after selecting a class.
    And now I have to also select a fighting still.
    - Thanks for the random name generator Jerry. I sucks at selecting names.

13. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    1. Gerardo - Jedi Ace
    4. Jesus
    5. Ricardo - Jedi Umbra (Form IV)
    6. Rafa
    8. Tony
    9. Digital

14. Khal_DRhonn

May 8, 2002
    Updated my lightsaber form:

1. Gerardo - Jedi Ace (Form III)
    4. Jesus
    6. Rafa
    8. Tony
    9. Digital

Roman: Hay un prestige class llamado Jedi Healer detallado en el libro Power of the Jedi. Enviame un PM con tu # de cel para darte mas informacion sobre los requisitos.

15. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    For the moment, I think I'll be a Beastmaster, but I'd like to see the class book.

4. Jesus
    6. Rafa - Jedi Beastmaster (Form IV)
    8. Tony
    9. Digital

16. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Looks like nobody is liking the Jedi Vita. The Shatterpoint Skill looks pretty neat, but seems like besides that the class needs something else to spice it up...

We still need Healers and someone to specialize on Tech/Repair/Demolitions.

And last but not least, at the top of the list of the races that I want my character to be is Zabrak. To quote our friend Tumbark, think of an "inverse Darth Maul". ;)

17. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Jan: The Vita as a class get a huge boost at one lvl and they outperform every other class after that. Besides that, Shatterpoint kicks serious ass. But if you have any ideas, PM me ;)

Rafa, you want ALL classes or only Jedi Classes?

You guys might find this useful:

Species List

Ricardo, the Falleen are there.

18. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Yo iba a tomar Vita, pero en realidad busco algo un pqto menos "religioso" y mas "adventurous". Roman menciono que queria ser Healer. Maybe he should consider Vita.

19. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    - For the moment I select Jedi Vita, I will confirm tomorrow.
    - I have a bit of an ambition with the species of my character so Pete I will PM you with the information of the species for permission to use it.
    The Jedi Vita or Jedi Healer may fit well with this character.

20. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Pete:

El viernes para lo de la trivia te llevo el Power of the Jedi Sourcebook. Tiene par de poderes extras, incluso unos bien buenos para cada una de las clases.

2. Luis - Jedi Investigator (Form V)
    4. Jesus
    6. Rafa - Jedi Beastmaster (Form IV)
    8. Tony
    9. Digital

Y como va a ser esto. Empezamos con los prestige classes desde level 0, o automaticamente empezamos desde donde se cualifica?

21. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Cool Luis.

Como hicieron en SoD con los prestige classes? Empezaron de 0 no?

Lo que tengo planeado es que, empezando, los personajes sean de la clase escogida, no multiclass. No van a empezal lvl 1.

22. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Si; Talmon era un Dark Side Marauder que empezó de 0.

23. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Gente, dos opciones para dia de crear personajes.

A. Este viernes durante la reunion de el Trivial

B. Antes o despues de la reunion mensual del domingo.

24. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    aclaración: a mi me gustó el Jedi Vita pero me gustó más el Umbra.

25. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Para que todos los sepan, en el Power of the Jedi Sourcebook hay mas prestige classes.

Force Warrior
    Jedi Healer
    Jedi Instructor
    Jedi Scholar
    Jedi Weapon Master

El viernes en la actividad lo pueden ver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.