P.Rico Star Wars: Episode VII - "The Empire of the Jedi" (RPG) **Next Session: TBA**

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Spike_Spiegel, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roman Jedi Master

star 4
    - Show me the Naboria Jedi Combat Medic levels table and maybe a bit more of information and I may take it. The idea of being ?A tank healer!!? sounds cool (damn you Tumbark, you are tempting me!). And I will not have to worry to be forced about putting skills points in both medical and technical skills.

I?m a bit confused with ?Redirect Wounds? skill. It means that I can redirect damage from an ally to an enemy, or that I can take damage from someone to help him/her.

- Sorry for my lack of knowledge but what does ?Naboria? means. I may need this information for the creation of my character. A search on the SW RPG site show me only Nabor and in the D&D RPG site.

- Si nos reunimos el viernes tendría que hacer planes ya que normalmente viajo a Mayagüez ese día. Creo no tener problemas en hacer esto. El domingo no tengo ningún problema.

1. Gerardo - Jedi Ace (Form III)
    2. Luis - Jedi Investigator (Form V)
    3. Jan - Jedi Vaapad (Form VII)
    4. Jesus ? Jedi Vita or Naboria Jedi Combat Medic (Form III)
    5. Ricardo - Jedi Umbra (Form IV)
    6. Rafa - Jedi Beastmaster (Form IV)
    7. Tumba - Jedi Beastmaster (Form IV)
    8. Tony - Jedi Umbra (Form IV)????
    9. Digital

- Pete: I think I can send you a PM with a basic idea of my character today.
  2. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    Jesus: La tabla esta en mi primer post con los character descriptions. En un doc file.

Naboria es una referencia taina. ;)

El redirect es que le quitas damage a alguien y se la das a otro. Nifty power I believe.

Si no puedes el viernes, lo hacemos el domingo antes de la reunion.
  3. Jan_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    El redirect deberia hacerle el daño al Combat Medic, no a otro "target". Creo que nadie va a querer coger daño voluntariamente para que otro se cure.

In other news, check out this Skill that was in the original rules but got taken out of the revised rules:

Force Push: You can physically shove your target in addition to Force Strike's normal effects. By spending 4 vitality points (instead of the normal 2 vitality point cost of Force Strike), your target is pushed 2 meters directly away from you and knocked prone on a failed Reflex save. For every 5 ranks you have in Move Object, the target may be pushed back an additional 2 meters. In addition, the target gets a +4 bonus to its Reflex save for every size category greater than Medium, a ?4 penalty to its Reflex save for every size category smaller, and a +4 bonus to its Reflex save if it has more than two legs or is otherwise more stable than a normal humanoid. In all other respects, Force Push functions the same as a normal use of Force Strike.

If the target hits an obstacle in its path, it lands prone in that square, and both the target and the obstacle take damage as if the target were a falling object that was dropped a distance of 4 meters (1d6 points of damage and DC 15 Reflex save to avoid for a Medium-sized target; see Table 12-22 in the Revised Core Rulebook). If the obstacle makes its save to avoid being struck, the target continues moving in a straight line until its maximum distance is reached and it lands prone in that square.
  4. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    El redirect deberia hacerle el daño al Combat Medic, no a otro "target". Creo que nadie va a querer coger daño voluntariamente para que otro se cure.

La idea es hacerselo a un enemigo, no a un amigo. ;)
  5. Jan_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    O sea es como un "reverse Drain" que cura a un teammate? Cool. Can the Combat Medic use it to cure himself? One last thing... I think the legendary warrior of the Naboria clan was a Naboria Combat Healer Jedi.
  6. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    :p

No, no se puede heal himself. ;)

New class

Jedi Illusionist

Characteristics
    The Jedi Illusionist comes from the long and venerable Corellian Halcyon line. The Halcyon have been a long line of powerful Jedi, but they have always lacked talent in the telekinesis area. Instead, they possess two rare Jedi gifts, illusion and the power to redirect energy. Hal Halcyon, heir of that venerable tradition, created a special corps of Jedi to follow the traditions of the Halcyon and the Corellian Jedi in general. Jedi Illusionists tend to be more independent than the rest of the Jedi. They also tend to disregard Jedi rules and codes. .They specialize in tricking and maintaining the truth well hidden from their enemies.

Vitality: 1d8 Starting Credits: 1d4 x 250

Class Skills
    Bluff, Disguise, Forgery , Gather Information, Sleight of Hand, Spot
    Skill Points at 1st level: 6 + Int modifier x 4 Skill Points at each level: 6 + Int modifier

Starting Feats
    Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force Sensitive, Weapon Group Proficiency: blaster pistols and simple weapons, Skill Emphasis: Illusion, Alter, Dissipate Energy

Special Features
    Physical Illusions: While many Jedi can create illusions, only the Jedi Illusionist can create physical illusions. The can be touched and deal physical damage. Base DC for this power is 15. Character?s charisma modifier applies as well as the following (Vitality cost in parenthesis):
    Simple Objects (rocks, plants): +2
    Complex Objects (machines, people): -2
    Colossal -10 (1d20), Gargantuan -8 (1d10), Huge -6 (1d8), Large -2 (1d8), Medium 0 (1d6), Small through Fine +2 (1d4)
    Permanent Illusion: A trick used by many Illusionists, it creates an illusion that can be done at will with no vitality cost. This usually takes an ethereal form or can take a permanent shape. The Jedi Illusionist can make it take any shape using the Physical Illusion feat +1. If this permanent ilusion is destroyed, the Jedi receives a Force backlash that stuns him/her for 1d6 rounds.
    Improved Dissipate Energy: You may use the energy absorbed to boost any ability score +2 or skills +6 for 1d8 rounds. Using this feat, the Jedi Illusionist can use Move Object or any other Force skill using telekinesis.
    Blind Telekinetic: The Jedi Illusionist cannot use any telekinetic ability.
    Trust the Force: Once a day, an Illusionist can reroll any illusion related roll.
  7. MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus

star 4
    In honor of the good ol' Illusionist wannabe Jack Bruce, I shall be a Jedi Illusionist.

6. Rafa - Jedi Illusionist (Form IV)
    9. Digital
  8. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    6. Rafa - Jedi Illusionist (Form?)
    8. Tony
    9. Digital

Digimon, Tony and Jesus, choose your class. Tony, I'm asking you to please choose another class NOT Umbra. I'd recommend Vita.
  9. MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus

star 4
    6. Rafa - Jedi Illusionist (Form II)
    9. Digital

There, done.
  10. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    Thus far I am liking this a lot. We have very diverse, very unique classes for you guys to play with and create a cool, unique individual.
  11. Roman Jedi Master

star 4
    - Move object cover ?Force Push?, that is why it was removed. See ?Jedi Counseling 60?:
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20050224

That doesn?t mean we can add it, but I think it will be better to be and ?extra? skill that characters with the ?Move Object? skill can use. In other words, as a specific way to use ?Move Object?, you don?t have to waste skills points on it.

- Jan: El redirect deberia hacerle el daño al Combat Medic, no a otro "target". Creo que nadie va a querer coger daño voluntariamente para que otro se cure.
    Not necessary. Final Fantasy VII has an ability that allow you to cover other character, in essence taking damage from him/her. The Star Wars Miniatures has a skill like that too, if I?m not wrong the Imperial Guard can take the damage directed to the Emperor. That?s why I asked.

- Pete: Naboria es una referencia taina.
    I hate you. I tough it was a word in English or in an SW language. AAAArrrrrggggggghhhh!

This was like my sister making fun of people telling that she graduated from the University of River Stone. If you don?t get the joke, translate it to Spanish.

- Pete: The is some information on page 3, but I can?t find the doc file, or the level table of the Naboria ? class, can you post it again. Or tell me in what page it is.

4. Jesus ?Naboria Jedi Combat Medic (or Medic Tank!) (Form III)
    6. Rafa - Jedi Illusionist (Form II)
    9. Digital

Still working some details on my character. I?m in fine tuning right now.
  12. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    Naboria is on page 6. I'll post it here, but it'll look ugly. You like Medic or Healer?

Jedi Classes in Doc

Naboria Jedi Combat Medic

Characteristics
    The Naboria Jedi Combat Medic is a special class of Jedi. Trained by specialized Masters in Ossus, Force Planet, these Jedis serve a role of combat support. While Jedi Healers tend to the sick and injured too, Naborias are able to do so in combat situations. Naborias are usually very proud and sure of themselves. They serve a vital purpose and they know it.

Vitality: 1d8 Starting Credits: 1d4 x 250

Class Skills
    Knowledge, Spot, Listen, Climb, Intimidate, Listen, Survival, Treat Injuries, Pilot, Profession.. Skill Points at 1st level: 10 + Int modifier x 4 Skill Points at each level: 8 + Int modifier

Starting Feats
    Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force Sensitive, Weapon Group Proficiency: blaster pistols and simple weapons, Alter, Heal Self, Heal Another..

Special Features
    Rapid Heal: The Naboria can heal others in any situation, including combat situations. He/she just needs to touch the target. A DC 15 heals all wounds, a DC 10 heals the characters constitution plus 1d8 vitality or wound damage. Rapid Heal costs 1d8 vitality and can be used one time per day. Each additional Rapid Heal gained adds another use per day.
    Redirect Wounds: In a combat situation, a Naboria can redirect wounds from one target to the next. This heals 1d10 damage plus character?s constitution modifier and those points are given to the target. A DC 15 is needed and this spends 1d8 vitality.
    Double damage: With his/her training, a Naboria knows enough about anatomy that he/she knows where to strike an organic being. On a successful DC 15, a Naboria is able to deal double damage for 1d4 rounds. This power costs 1d8 vitality to use.
    Trust The Force: Once a day, a Naboria can reroll any healing related roll.

lvl Base Attack Fort Ref Will Special Def Rep
    1st +1 +3 +2 +1 Force Training, Rapid Heal +3 +1
    2nd +1 +3 +3 +1 Deflect (defense +1), Redirect Wounds +4 +1
    3rd +2 +4 +3 +2 Bonus Feat, Trust the Force, Rapid Heal +2 +4 +1
    4th +3 +4 +4 +3 Force Training, Deflect (attack ?4) +5 +1
    5th +4 +5 +4 +3 Increase Lightsaber Damage (3d8), +5 +2
    6th +5 +5 +5 +3 Deflect (extend defense and attack) +5 +2
    7th +6/+1 +6 +5 +4 Jedi Knight, Rapid Heal +3, Double Dam +6 +2
    8th +6/+1 +6 +6 +4 Bonus Feat, Redirect Wounds +1 +6 +2
    9th +7/+2 +7 +6 +4 Bonus feat, Deflect (def +2), block +7 +3
    10th +8/+3 +7 +7 +5 Increase lightsaber damage (4d8) +7 +3
    11th +9/+4 +8 +7 +5 Rapid Heal +4 +7 +3
    12th +10/+5 +8 +8 +5 Deflect (attack ?3), Bonus Feat +8 +4
    13th +11/+6/+1 +8 +8 +6 Redirect Wounds +2 +8 +4
    14th +12/+7/+2 +9 +9 +6 Deflect (defense +3) +9 +4
    15th +13/+8/+3 +9 +9 +6 Increase lightsaber damage (5d8) +9 +5
    16th +14/+9/+4 +9 +10 +7 Double Dam +2 +9 +5
    17th +15/+10/+5 +10 +10 +7 Rapid Heal +5 +10 +5
    18th +16/+11/+6/+1 +10 +11 +7 Bonus feat +10 +5
    19th +17/+12/+7/+2 +11 +11 +8 Deflect (attack ?2), Rapid Heal +6 +10 +5
    20th +18/+13/+8/+3 +12 +12 +8 Increase lightsaber damage (6d8) +11 +6
  13. Roman Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for posting all the information Pete.
    I already PM to you the information of my character.

The stats will take me more time, because I created them thinking on a Jedi Vita. But I have until Friday or Sunday to do it anyway.

If you want keep the link in your previous post and remove the data of the Naboria Jedi Combat Medic from it.
  14. Jedi_Boricua Jedi Master

star 4
    Pete:

Te envie un PM sobre un problemita con mi personaje.

In other news, no voy a poder ir el viernes, tengo el cumpleaños de mi tía en casa de mi tío y no puedo faltar.

Pero los veo el domingo, y me llevo al personaje.

Anyway, te voy a llevar mañana por la noche a tu casa el Hero's Guide y el Power of the Jedi Sourcebook.
  15. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    Luis, mañana no puedo. Mo se si se pueda dar lo de el viernes. Ha habido una perdida de alguien cercano a mi y mañana no estare en casa. Sobre lo de el viernes les aviso a todos mañana.
  16. digital-skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Pete...

me esta interesando lo del Jedi/Force Warrior... pero no has posteado la info sobre ese class... please do so, so i can start shaping up my character
  17. Jan_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Eso esta en el Jedi Sourcebook. Luis te puede decir. Luis, me puedes prestar el Hero's Guide?
  18. Jedi_Boricua Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, mis libros los tiene Ricardo.

El los va a llevar mañana si se da, sino pues el domingo.
  19. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    Cool. Los esperamos entonces hoy!
  20. Jan_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay people, listen up! I'd say it's time to get our team organized. It seems in this campaign we will face even greater challenges that we have had in the past, so we really need to learn to work as a team.

That being said, I propose we think for a "Role" inside our Team for our characters. For example, Gerry would be the Pilot of the Team, Roman would be the Medic, Tumbark (and his pet) would be the Scout, etc. Please think of a role that you would like your character to take, and choose something that your character will excelt at. Don't say you will be the Demolitions Expert of the Team if your character has no points in that skill.

I would like to take the role of "Combat Tactician". I have been reading through the Combat section of the Core Rulebook for a second time, and have found several things that could benefit us as a team in combat. So as my first task as Combat Tactician, I present you with these actions that could turn the tides of battle to our advantage:

Fighting defensively
    This full-round action (no movement) grants you a +2 bonus to defense, with a -4 penalty to attack rolls. Very useful for a situation where it would be crucial to avoid getting hit (no vitality, fighting on a narrow bridge over a chasm, etc.), and would be especially useful for "tank" players.

Opponent is Flanked
    This normal attack action occurs when the enemy is attacked by two or more players who are on opposites sides, effectively surrounding the opponent and exposing his back. This gives us a +2 bonus to attack rolls. Who doesn't like attack roll bonuses?

Opponent is Prone
    This normal attack action applies to an enemy that has been hit and has fallen to the ground. Anyone attacking a prone enemy gets a +4 bonus to attack rolls. Very nice.

Concentrated Fire
    This full-round action (ranged) allows up to five players to assist the "primary attacker" at hitting a target. The "primary attacker" gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls against the target for each player that is assisting him. The catch is that players who are assisting do not get a chance to attack, so essentially we would be doing less damage. This would be useful in a situation where just getting one hit would be enough (destroy an object, target is almost dead and running away, etc.)

Lightsaber Deflect (extend attack and defense)
    This is a Feat most of us will start the game with. It will let us use our Lightsaber Deflects when other players 2m from our position are fired upon. This is similar to that "Cover" ability from Final Fantasy that Roman was talking about. Imagine one player gets to fire while another one or two provide lightsaber blocks. The possibilities are endless.

This will be all for now, more battle tips and strategies coming soon. If you like this idea about Team Roles, and if this is OK with our GM (which I don't think will have a problem with) please let us know what Role you want to take.
  21. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    Actually, sounds cool.

Juan, can we meet Sat or Sun night/afternoon to set the details fot the campaing. (Yes, I do remember the meeting is Sun :) )
  22. Lucidus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Solo dime el día/hora/lugar de preferencia. He estado leyendo los classes nuevos y entiendo que es necesario hacer algunos ajustes; al momento, hay algunos que son demasiado poderosos, mientras que otros se quedan bien atras (especialmente los de los libros en relación a los nuevos). Fuera de eso, el resto parecen ideas chéveres. Mientras más temprano nos reunamos mejor; asi los jugadores se podrán enterar de cualquier cambio con tiempo.
  23. Roman Jedi Master

star 4
    Good idea Rafa (Ok Jan, sorry por el error). We should take a main role, and maybe a second role (up to discussion).

Main Role: Medic (Medic Tank!, sorry I like this too much.)
    Second Role: ??????

- My concentration will be on ?Treat Injury? skill, and ?Heal Self? force skill (my Jedi Class force me to start with the ?Alter Force Feat?). As soon as I can get another ?Force Feat?, I will select ?Control? so I can use ?Heal Another?.

- Note: Since my character is curious about other species and technology I think that I must, at least, spend 1 skill point on Knowledge (species, or whatever) and Computer use. It won?t make sense to have my character being curious about those things and not having any skill on them, even if I hardly use them because other users have better points on them.

- I?m interested in have skills points in the "Move Object" force skill. I can use it for battle (push away enemies, throw them to walls) or to bring to me other characters to heal them.

- About some classes being more powerful, maybe it can be balance by giving more skills and/or skill points to the lest powerful classes.
  24. Jan_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Yo pienso que si las clases aun estan bajo revision entonces no podemos comenzar a crear algunos personajes esta noche, a menos que los cambios que hagan sean de poco impacto. Que tipos de cambios tienen en mente?
  25. Roman Jedi Master

star 4
    ¿Si nos reunimos hoy a que hora será, 7:00 PM?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.