main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I don't know. I've not seen TCW aside from the first two episodes of season one

2. SoloBrothers

SoloBrothers Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2013
    You should fix that ASAP

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  3. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Yes, have your memory wiped of those two episodes. :p

4. SoloBrothers

Nov 17, 2013
    No, watch the rest of the Clone Wars

5. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I think my vague plan is to do a chronological viewing of all the canon material from TPM up to ROTJ, including TCW and Rebels. I did enjoy Rebels, so the animation style isn't as much of a problem for me as it used to be.

6. FilmAccountant

FilmAccountant Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2014
    I was hoping "The Force Awakens" refers to many people across the galaxy suddenly becoming Force-sensitive. This is different from being born Force-sensitive. An "awakening" could be the phrase used when a sentient suddenly becomes Force-sensitive rather than being born as such. And trained Force users can feel this happening. Perhaps Snoke can feel Finn becoming Force-sensitive, although he doesn't know specifically who it's happening to. From the title, though, I doubt it's just Finn experiencing an "awakening." He's probably just one of many across the galaxy feeling. Why else would Snoke mention it to Ren? What would be the significance of just one person becoming Force-sensitive, enough for Snoke and other Force users to feel it? However, many people becoming Force-sensitive would be more significant, and I would think more likely to be felt through the Force, and would be of more concern to Snoke.

This might also help to explain how Finn can go from Stormtrooper to wielding a lightsaber in the same film. Perhaps the Force is manifesting so intensely and quickly in average, ordinary people, that they quickly master skills that traditionally took years for Force-sensitives, such as Jedi, to master. But maybe this enhancement of the Force also means those already strong in it become stronger. Or maybe not. Maybe the Force is sort of redistributing or manifesting itself across more of the galactic populace rather than being concentrated into a few. As I said in an earlier post, this would set off a recruiting war between those aligned with the light side of the Force and those aligned with the dark side.

7. FilmAccountant

FilmAccountant Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2014
    The Clone Wars animated show is great and only gets better as the seasons go on. Yes, the first few season are tough to get through. Ahsoka is very annoying and nothing is very serious. But Ahsoka ends up becoming more mature and likable until she's one of your favorites. And the Darth Maul comeback is a bit annoying, but it gives Obi-wan a little more characterization and leads to Asajj Ventress experiencing one of the greatest arcs. Asajj, Ahsoka, and Yoda all have great stories and arcs in TCW. Asajj and Ahsoka I thought were very annoying in the early seasons and ended up becoming my favorites by the end of the run (along with the surviving clones).

Seasons 4 through 6 are the best, imo. Season 3 is still kiddie I think, but has some good and epic fighting and war episodes. If you haven't watched TCW seasons 4 through 6 you will be surprised. It gets surprisingly dark.

8. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    From what I've seen, the later episodes are only marginally better.

9. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I thought I would hate the return of Maul. But then when I saw that his resurrection was directly inspired by Gollum leading Frodo to Shelob's lair, I was sold. One of the best episodes, IMO.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  10. Markpro

Markpro Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2013
    OK, here's my take on things so far...it'll be funny to look back and say "man i was so wrong about this story"

STAR WARS
    EPISOVE VII
    THE FORCE AWAKENS
    Scroll…
    We pan down to the planet Jakku and see a Star Destroyer in orbit with first order landing craft diving to the surface.
    Landing in a village the landing crafts doors open and Stormtroopers flood out killing anything that shoots back and rounding up prisoners, Finn and his friend (both Stormtroopers) are disgusted with what they are witnessing and let a mother and child escape. Kylo Ren (who has just landed and exited his landing craft) witnesses the Stormtroopers deception and kills one of them (Finns friend), Finn is captured and arrested for treason and put on board a landing craft to take him back to the star destroyer (Finaliser)
    Poe Dameron is leading a squadron of x-wings to the battle on Jakku and is hiding in the village with his droid BB8 when the first order arrive, his x-wing is destroyed by the flametroopers.
    The leader of the village (Max Von Sydow) gives Poe the artefact that Kylo is searching for (Anakin /Luke’s Lightsaber) and helps Poe escape, MVS is then captured, interrogated and killed by Kylo Ren.
    The first order are quickly on to Poe so he hides the lightsaber inside BB8 and instructs the droid to get to a safe place, the Stormtroopers capture Poe and also place him in the landing craft to be returned to the star destroyer. BB8 is captured by the (scavenger on the beast covered in armour) and the scavenger sells BB8 to Rey, BB8 plays her a hologram message instructing anyone who finds him to return him to Leia Organa on Yavin IV…Rey is reluctant to visit her mother again after all these years apart.

Finn and Poe escape from their cell on the destroyer and capture a special forces tie fighter, blasting their way off the ship chased by a squad of tie’s…their tie is shot down, Finn and Poe are separated on Jakku.
    Back on the Finaliser General Hux instructs Captain Phasma to find the rebel base and defected stormtrooper.

Rey goes to Yavin IV where she meets Maz Canata and Leia, Poe also turns up here (as Yavin IV is his base) Maz goes into flashback to explain the origins of the Lightsaber and it’s importance and how Luke lost his padawans, killed by the Knights of Ren.
    Leia asks Rey to search for her father (Han) and return the Lightsaber to her uncle (Luke), they must find him at all costs, Poe is instructed to find the base where the first order are hiding (Starkiller Base) so they can wipe out the last remnants of the empire once and for all.
    Finn is captured by a gang on Jakku looking for a reward they take him to the gangs hideout, Han is also here working as a smuggler with Chewie by his side. Finn tells Han his story, Rey turns up looking for Han and all four (Finn, Han, Rey and Chewie) head out to look for Luke but a battle ensues as Han tries to get Finn’s freedom, they steal the Falcon back from the gang and escape (Han had lost the falcon in a bet years before)

Kylo Ren speaks with Snoke about the Saber, holds Vaders mask and explains why he must find the weapon, Snoke instructs Kylo “there has been an awakening, have you felt it?”
    POe tells Leia he has found the base and it holds a terrifying new weapon. Leia explains to Han that they have knowledge of a new super weapon that must be destroyed on Starkiller base, all squadrons converge on Starkiller base where a mass battle in space and on land ensue, Han, Rey, Finn and Chewie park the falcon on the outskirts of the base (hidden by trees) and infiltrate the base and plant explosives to take down the weapon. Kylo turns up and faces Han (his father), the others escape and Han sacrifices himself to destroy the super weapon. Kylo escapes and has now turned his attention to the 3 who escaped him. Finn, Rey and Chewie run to the falcon but Kylo intercepts, Rey and Chewie run to the falcon to get her ready for take off, Kylo ignites his saber, Finn turns and ignites his saber to give Rey and Chewie time to escape and they face each other, Finn is no match for Kylo…but Rey comes to Finn’s rescue with her saberstaff, Rey, Finn (injured) Rey and Chewie barely escape, Kylo survives.
    Finn is in the medical bay on the falcon recovering from his wounds, Rey and Chewie saddened by Han’s death continue their search for Luke.

When Finn ignited the Saber it gave out messages to Rey, Force feelings that she felt deeply and instructs Chewie to change course, Chewie lands on a rock planet, desolate and empty of life.
    Chewie stay in the Falcon to help Finn.

Rey and BB8 go to a structure on the planet and enter, Luke is alone, Rey gives Luke the saber.

End

...Or something completely different

11. SoloBrothers

Nov 17, 2013
    - No ships after the crawl. just a lightsaber
    - Rey's staff isn't a saber, she and Finn share the saber in the duel with Kylo
    - the droids decode a message in the saber to find Luke. Not messages with the Force

12. Markpro

Markpro Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2013
    Can't believe i forgot about the saber falling throigh space, it seems so long ago that we heard about that.
    ***Editied with solobrother's info.

STAR WARS
    EPISOVE VII
    THE FORCE AWAKENS
    Scroll…
    A Lightsaber spins through space towards the atmosphere of the planet Jakku, it is picked up by a scavenger who ignites it (Force sensitives feel the saber igniting), the scavenger takes the saber to Max Von Sydow (leader of his village)
    Later a Star Destroyeris in orbit with first order landing craft diving to the surface.
    Landing in a village the landing crafts doors open and Stormtroopers flood out killing anything that shoots back and rounding up prisoners, Finn and his friend (both Stormtroopers) are disgusted with what they are witnessing and let a mother and child escape. Kylo Ren (who has just landed and exited his landing craft) witnesses the Stormtroopers deception and kills one of them (Finns friend), Finn is captured and arrested for treason and put on board a landing craft to take him back to the star destroyer (Finaliser)
    Poe Dameron is leading a squadron of x-wings to the battle on Jakku and is hiding in the village with his droid BB8 when the first order arrive, his x-wing is destroyed by the flametroopers.
    The leader of the village (Max Von Sydow) gives Poe the artefact that Kylo is searching for (Anakin /Luke’s Lightsaber) and helps Poe escape, MVS is then captured, interrogated and killed by Kylo Ren.
    The first order are quickly on to Poe so he hides the lightsaber inside BB8 and instructs the droid to get to a safe place, the Stormtroopers capture Poe and also place him in the landing craft to be returned to the star destroyer. BB8 is captured by the (scavenger on the beast covered in armour) and the scavenger sells BB8 to Rey, BB8 plays her a hologram message instructing anyone who finds him to return him to Leia Organa on Yavin IV…Rey is reluctant to visit her mother again after all these years apart.

Finn and Poe escape from their cell on the destroyer and capture a special forces tie fighter, blasting their way off the ship chased by a squad of tie’s…their tie is shot down, Finn and Poe are separated on Jakku.
    Back on the Finaliser General Hux instructs Captain Phasma to find the rebel base and defected stormtrooper.

Rey goes to Yavin IV where she meets Maz Canata and Leia, Poe also turns up here (as Yavin IV is his base) Maz goes into flashback to explain the origins of the Lightsaber and it’s importance and how Luke lost his padawans, killed by the Knights of Ren.
    Leia asks Rey to search for her father (Han) and return the Lightsaber to her uncle (Luke), they must find him at all costs, Poe is instructed to find the base where the first order are hiding (Starkiller Base) so they can wipe out the last remnants of the empire once and for all.
    Finn is captured by a gang on Jakku looking for a reward they take him to the gangs hideout, Han is also here working as a smuggler with Chewie by his side. Finn tells Han his story, Rey turns up looking for Han and all four (Finn, Han, Rey and Chewie) head out to look for Luke but a battle ensues as Han tries to get Finn’s freedom, they steal the Falcon back from the gang and escape (Han had lost the falcon in a bet years before)

Kylo Ren speaks with Snoke about the Saber, holds Vaders mask and explains why he must find the weapon, Snoke instructs Kylo “there has been an awakening, have you felt it?”
    POe tells Leia he has found the base and it holds a terrifying new weapon. Leia explains to Han that they have knowledge of a new super weapon that must be destroyed on Starkiller base, all squadrons converge on Starkiller base where a mass battle in space and on land ensue, Han, Rey, Finn and Chewie park the falcon on the outskirts of the base (hidden by trees) and infiltrate the base and plant explosives to take down the weapon. Kylo turns up and faces Han (his father), the others escape and Han sacrifices himself to destroy the super weapon. Kylo escapes and has now turned his attention to the 3 who escaped him. Finn, Rey and Chewie run to the falcon but Kylo intercepts, Rey and Chewie run to the falcon to get her ready for take off, Kylo ignites his saber, Finn turns and ignites his saber to give Rey and Chewie time to escape and they face each other, Finn is no match for Kylo and loses his hand…but Rey comes to Finn’s rescue, uses the force to pull the saber to her hand and fights off Kylo, Rey, Finn (injured) Rey and Chewie barely escape, Kylo survives.
    Finn is in the medical bay on the falcon recovering from his wounds, Rey and Chewie saddened by Han’s death continue their search for Luke.

While on the Falcon BB8 and Threepio decode a message in the saber giving them the location of Luke, Rey instructs Chewie to change course, Chewie lands on a rock planet, desolate and empty of life.
    Chewie stay in the Falcon to help Finn.

Rey and BB8 go to a structure on the planet and enter, Luke is alone, Rey gives Luke the saber.

End

Stoked for this film but man do i need a trailer to whet the appetite before December

13. star wars geek

star wars geek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 20, 2014
    Came up with a text crawl opening....

14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    STAR WARS

Episode VII

The Force Awakens

Its three decades since Lando Calrissian blew up the
    second dreaded Death Star. Luke Skywalker is DEAD.
    Yes I said Luke is dead and he isn't coming back!

Princess Leia leads a rag tag fugitive...oops wrong
    franchise. Han Solo, sick of Leia's constant
    nagging has flown off to the Outer Rim leaving
    Leia with her new toy boy Poe Dameron.

Meanwhile unknown to either Leia or Han their
    son has fallen to the Dark Side and has vowed to
    find evil redemption for his grandfather, the Sith
    Lord Darth Vader. Can Luke's long lost daughter
    save the day with her new BFF Finn????

Camera pans down to see....nothing just black empty space, then pans up so that a Star can be seen close by and then a planet.
    A lightsaber hilt floats by just like the stick in 2001: A Space Odyssey, followed by a pale hand and finally a crumpled up edition
    of The Cloud City Times. The planet comes closer and closer and we can now see it has a sandy surface, the lightsaber hilt enters
    the planets environment as the hand and the newspaper burn up.

Cut to the desert plain and a scavenging girl all dressed like a poor man's Tusken Raider, not far from her she quickly notices the
    lightsaber hilt fly through the sky and hit the desert with a puff-sssssssss. She goes over and picks it up but immediately drops it.

REY
    Ouch....that ****ing thing's hot!

A small fellow scavenger starts laughing as he sits on his beast of burden.

SCAVENGER
    Ha ha ha, you not so bright. And you think you're going to be Jedi?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To be continued.......in 2016 :D

15. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    Even as a joke this was painful to read.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Don't blame me, blame Lucasfilm for the boredom before the trailer [face_dunno]

TheLateAdmiralPiett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.