main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode VII - The Rewrite

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BretHart, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BretHart

BretHart Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 29, 2015
    After spending a long time rewritng the prequel trilogy (which can be found in my signature), I felt The Force Awakens was not nearly as good as I hoped... I think its a more mature movie than the prequels with less kid stuff, however I think TFA was overall poorly written. This is a very brief overview of my story. I will try to keep it simple to follow as possible.

Episode VII - An Ancient Fear

For my rewrite, I have it all mapped out in my head. The movie should begin to show the state of the galaxy, something TFA sadly did not do. Basically, the New Republic is being built and has some nearby systems, but there is still a large part of the galaxy not controlled by the New Republic, therefore a lot of anarchy, war lords run it type of this. The idea is that Luke Skywalker obtains a map from Leia and the Defenders of the New Republic that leads him to a Sith Temple. While this scene is taking place, a young girl named Kira from the Defenders of the New Republic sneaks on Luke's ship. We also learn in the beginning scene of the new threat that is forming far away , known as the Legion. They area group led by a twisted individual General Kolegg (Eddie Ramayne). Kolegg backstory is somewhat of a fanboy of the OT. What I mean by that, is he is obsessed with Sith / Jedi artifacts, he is a collector. His father was a high ranking person in the Empire, but was killed in ROTJ. His son became incredibly wealthy and no is obtaining his army in his quest to become the next Emperor because he is obsessed with that time period and wants to bring it back.

[​IMG]
    Luke has six Jedi he has trained and are with him. Luke sends five of them away on a mission that has to do with the Legion, but takes his youngest apprentice, Conor Ledge with him. Luke and Conor head to the jungle planet and locates the secret mysterious Sith Temple. Luke and Conor are too late - The Legion has already located it. Luke and Conor (Jack O'Connell) sneak in and discover Kolegg's plans - that in the Sith Temple is a frozen in carbonite Sith from hundreds of years ago. Kolegg unleashes the Sith from his frozen entrapment and Darth Raynor (Benecio del Toro). He is a warrior Sith that has fought many Jedi - Sith wars. His face is scarred. General Kolegg has discovered the Sith secret through his artifact collecting over the years, that this Sith was frozen and must be released only if the Jedi won the war and all the Sith are dead, so this one would bring the Sith back. After unleashing Raynor, Kira is caught as she was trying to sneak around. We learn who Kira is, Luke's neice, the daughter of Leia. Her backstory is she grew up with her mother always wanting to become a Jedi like her uncle. But Leia would never allow that as she thought it was be too dangerous. So she always wanted to get closer to Luke and train with her Uncle. Luke and Conor spring to action, but Luke sacrifices himself in order to get Conor & Kira out of the situation.

Conor and Kira have this action chase sequence where they escape the Jungle / Sith planet on a ship and take off. Luke is captured. So the movie is Conor and Kira, the youngest Jedi & the daughter of Leia and Han on an adventure to save Luke and get him back. Their ship is hit in their escape and they have not far they can go. The only person they know on this end of the galaxy is Han Solo, Kira's father. This is where the heart of the movie lies. It is a story about a father and his daughter and how their rocky relationship can be repaired. There aren't too many movies that go into father / daughter issues, and I feel its a good way to go for my story. Once they touch base with Han, he agrees to help naturally for Luke.

[​IMG]
    Raynor is now giving his depth of character, interacting with Kolegg. We learn about Raynor's motives, that he must rebuild the Sith to take over. In order to do that - Raynor says he has to do one thing, kill all the remaining Jedi. Kolegg gives him the only lead in all of his collecting, which is a mysterious and powerful with the force character located on Azzio. Raynor heads there and discovers Tadano is a junkyard planet. It is a desert planet, with large grand canyon atmosphere. The planet is covered with broken down Rebel / Empire ships from the war 30 years ago. There , we meet Ken the Mechanic (Scott Eastwood). He is supposely the strongest with the Force and possibly former Jedi himself, although that is not revealed yet. Raynor stalks Ken and notices who he is. Just a normal guy who works as a mechanic , fixing X-Wings , tie fighters, things like that. He keeps to himself and i quiet. Raynor notices after work, he heads over the the 'Colony'. The Colony is a secluded part of the city that no one is allowed in because the Colony is from another system only there to collect power from the damaged ships. I base their culture off of the amish. A peaceful group that is in their own world and wants nothing to do with the outside world. So this Colony is controlled by a War Lord. Basically, no one is forbidden out of their colony, so no outsiders.

Through Raynor following Ken, the audience sees Ken interact with Lily from the Colony, separated by a fence. Ken is in love with Lily and they talk after his work, but she always has to rush off as she is forbidden in talking to somene outside of the Colony. Ken then heads to a broken down ship to steal its parts, and nearly killed, but is rescued by Raynor. The two form an unusual bond. Raynor knows he's a former Jedi, wants to know why he left the Jedi Order and where the other Jedi are, but Ken denies being Jedi trained or even strong with the force. He denies it to Raynor and says he's just an ordinary guy. Raynor doesn't believe him and believes he is the most powerful in the galaxy.

The Legion takes Luke to their jail system on their planet of Takada. Takada is a forest / snow planet. Takada is the location of the Legion's giant battle station and headquarters. Luke is put in a holding cell and doesn't say a word.

[​IMG]
    Han and Kira begin to form a friendship among father / daughter. A lot of dialogue and conversation about their unhealthy relationship due to Han not being in his daughter's life his whole life. Han and Leia split sometime ago and Kira was raised by Leia. Han feels guilty and decided to go back to the life of a simple smuggler w/ Chewie. Also, Conor and Kira begin to form a bond, more romantic. Conor being the youngest Jedi and Kira being Jedi royalty.

Big events occur on Azzio. The Colony has completely their mission of collecting enough power from the fallen ships. The War Lord calls for the departure of the Colony. Ken freaks out and breaks into the Colony w/ Raynor to find Lily. Raynor proves his loyalty to Ken by killing the War Lord who has been a pain to Ken for many years. Ken finally sees Lily being put into a ship against her will and its too later, she is leaving. That is when Ken goes full Jedi and we see his power when he's angry and scared. Raynor sees this as confirmation that Ken is powerful. Raynor has ideas to use him for his own Sith purposes. Lily is gone and Ken is heartbroken. He is weak, and that is when Raynor begins to manipulate. Ken is sort of the Anakin character, a loner type of guy who is all powerful with the force, but totally unaware of how great he could possibly be. However, in this story, he is corrupted by the ancient Sith Lord. Raynor convinces Ken that if they could work together, they can reunite Lily to Ken. Raynor just needs to know where the Jedi are.

Han & Kira have a huge argument and Kira runs away, where Conor chases her down to convince her that they need Han and this has to be resolved for the greater good. The gang is chased down by the Legion who are after Conor who is one fo the few Jedi in the galaxy. The gang escapes via Falcon.

Raynor convinces Ken to join him in ruling the Legion to take over the New Republic. Ken is vulnerable after losing Lily. He wants her back, but knows that total control the galaxy would be the key into getting her back as her homeworld would be in the hands of the Legion. Ken leads Raynor to the homebase of the Jedi - which is on Yavin Four. There is only one Jedi in the base on Yavin Four. Ken watches as Raynor battles the young warrior and kills him.

All roads lead to the Legion home base. Han, Chewie, Conor & Kira break into the base to free Luke. They see a giant gathering of General Kolegg making a speech how he will bring back the Empire and has his own 'Darth Vader' being Darth Raynor. Raynor and Ken look beside Kolegg as their army is preparing for a war. Han and gang see all of this and Han is in shock. The Sith has returned. Han stops and can't continue on with the gang to rescue, and his daughter doesn't understand whats going on. Han then has his final moments with his daughter saying how he is sorry for being a failure of a father and he is so proud of Kira. Han tells Chewie to take Kira and Conor and continue without him. Kira doesn't understand.

Han then exposes himself to the Legion army and walks down the giant gathering as the soldiers look at him and General Kolegg & Raynor are confused at whats going on. Chewie, Kira and Conor take off , but Kira breaks down in tears and doesn't understand why her father just sacrificed himself. Conor picks up Kira and tells her that he will save Han, but one of them must find Luke and admits Kira is stronger with the force and can sense where Luke is. Kira begs Conor to save Han from death.

The moment of truth.... Han is walking toward General Kolegg and the Sith with a gun in hand.

"KENOBI" - Han yells.
    "Who is this?" - Raynor
    "He is my father" - Ken Solo

Han and his son have a heart breaking moment. It is in this where we learn that when Leia and Han split up , Leia raised Kira and Han did take Ken. Raynor senses weakness and tries to manipulate Ken to kill his father. Han drops his gun to the ground. He admits his failure as a father and all of this mess is his fault. Ken ignites the red lightsaber that Raynor hands him. Han tears up. He then tells Ken that if killing him will make Ken forgive him for being an absent father, then encourages Ken to do it....

The moment is interrupted as Conor ignites his lightsaber. Raynor tells the Legion to back down, Raynor wants to test out Ken to see if he is power is greater than the more trained Jedi. So instead of striking Han down - Ken uses all of his inner rage toward his father to attack Conor and the final epic lightsaber duel takes place inside in front of a thousand Legion soldiers, but the fight is taken outside as Raynor follows to spectate. Two non-prime warriors battling.

Luke is rescued by Kira & Chewie and they have to head to the Falcon to escape. They get toward the two young fighters. It is too late, Kira watches her brother strike down Conor and kill him. Raynor smiles as his newly formed student just beat Luke's. Raynor & Ken are about to kill Han, but Luke, being as powerful as he is, shakes and breaks the ground to save Han. Luke stares down Raynor as the two most powerful beings in the galaxy are on opposite sides of the ground. Tension.

The heroes return to the Defenders of the New Republic. As Han & Leia are reunited for the first time in many years.

Raynor tells Ken that they must take over the galaxy and do whats necessary in order to do that. Kolegg is stabbed and killed by Ken who betrays him in order for Raynor and himself to take complete control of the Legion on a mission to go head to head with the New Republic. This is the point where Ken is clearly on the dark side.

[​IMG]
    Final scene, ship lands and Han and Leia exit with Kira on an island planet which is the home of the first Jedi Temple since the Yavin Four temple must be abandoned. Kira is reunited with Luke who gives her a lightsaber to signify that Kira will now train as a Jedi under Luke. For the first time, we finally see Luke, Han and Leia together.

Credits.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This doesn't need its own thread. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.