main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode VII Wrapping Production

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Wut?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. seasider

seasider Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Does this look like someone who isn't fan friendly?

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/982203/jj-abrams-says-r2-d2-and-c-3po-have-different-agents.jhtml

Satipo, TheBBP, Bob Octa and 2 others like this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    nothing new, it's just the Falcon.:p
    and he released that in retaliation to Zack Snyder, nothing to do with the fans (wasn't really meant for the fans anyways).;)

4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Did they really finish???[face_laugh]
    There may not have been any dancing Ewoks, but the cast and crew of Star Wars: Episode VII threw down at a massive gala this weekend to celebrate the end of principal photography.
    But … it’s a little premature. Sources close to the film tell EW there are still a few more days of shooting, but the party was held a little early while most of the cast and crew was still together.
    http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/11/03/star-wars-cast-celebrates-wrap-party-for-episode-vii/

Satipo and Dak Oolron like this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    When I read "Star Wars Rapping Production" I was hoping that we finally got that highly sought after behind-the-scenes doc on the making of the Star Wars Gangsta Rap. But, no... just some rubbish about some feature film thing.

6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014

7. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    @starocean90

3 Weeks before the 6th of November Kathleen Kennedy said there is three weeks of Filming left and then we wrap so by a few days they probably mean around the 6th of November, I could totally by that they wanted to have the wrap party when everybody was still around and some actors were already finished shooting and some still had a few more days to shoot. That might have been why we did not get a promotional cast and crew photo on one of the Lucasfilms/Disney websites yet;)

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    ^Right. As I said before, I believe they may have another week to go yet.

Again, using production on ESB as an example, the wrap party was held before principal photography was completed. I'm not sure if that's the norm, but it has happened in the past.

9. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

I'd like to see a blooper reel on the DVD that shows a flash mob on set...dancing to the tune of Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus. Even though they're not rappers... Carry on.

10. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Fixed[face_plain]

starocean90 likes this.
  11. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Like some one else said on here I cant remember who, I hope to see a section in the J.W. Rinzler book dedicated to Harrisons Injury.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Personally, I can't wait until the day when Harrison's injury has become a very minor detail in the Ep. 7 production story.

13. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I'd love for them to adapt Harrison's injury into a thrilling Medical Drama to be put on the DVD. Benedict Cumberbach can play Harrison Ford.

In all seriousness, though, the PT was great at giving lots of good special features. I hope the ST has the same amount and quality.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  14. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

A side note like when he was sick while filming Temple of Doom and his stunt double got extra work.

Artoo-Dion and EHT like this.
  15. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I thought it already was.

Dak Oolron, Satipo and EHT like this.
  16. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Besides the cast being announced, the only things that JJ gave us were related to Force For Change.

17. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    You specifically said:

We pretty much got that with his May the 4th video, which had no connection to Force For Change.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    JJ opened his Mystery Box a tad during production. Considering the black hole of nothing JJ gave out during production of the Star Trek films, this is as much as he is comfortable to allow. There was never going to be a "Hyperspace" style site during the making of a JJ Abrams movie.

That doesn't mean there won't be any special features, the Trek flicks have been relatively stacked with them (well, once you track down all of the proper copies), just this is as much as he would show while the film was being made. Which, honestly, it more than I expected.

Still, a full-on "Hyperspace" style BTS push for a Star Wars movie during the social media age could be an interesting subject to see how it's handled. Maybe when JJ isn't behind the camera. Rebels had a lot of web videos and making-ofs released online before the show premiered. Lucasfilm still has that whole social media team (the gal hosts Rebels videos, very cute gal too). They were just on lockdown with Ep. 7 so they got to do Rebels stuff instead. Episode 8 will be interesting to see.

19. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    But doesn't Disney have more say over what information is released than JJ? The interplay between the two confuses me.8-}

20. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    i guess you can't just hire the science museum the day before the party

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Disney could do whatever they want but I'm sure they allowed their director to handled his production the way he wanted. A why make your director unhappy sort of thing.

22. jedilips

jedilips Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    He may not have agreed to direct without the ability to control some of the early information (or mis-information in some cases) on the production. It's the way he operates... think of him as mom and dad hiding the Xmas presents trying to preserve some of the surprise.

BigAl6ft6 and starocean90 like this.
  23. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    I think JJ's mystery box has been peeked into a little too much.

24. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Really? How?

25. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    All the leaked photos and artwork. I hoped the first trailer would be my first real view of the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.