main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode VII Wrapping Production

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014

Really? Hundreds of people have been working their arses off for weeks to try and bring us what will hopefully have been an excellent film. Paps and the media have been all over what was a private party. Why the Hell shouldn't they have a party?

2. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Isn't it normal for films to have a wrap party as a thank you and a celebration for the crew over what the work they've put in? I know we now live in an era where people want information fast, and spoilers are nice for those that want to see them, but its not as if the fans have some kind of right to be kept informed the whole way about the films progress or what its about etc. The makers want to retain some mystery and surprise about it after all.

3. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I agree. the sense of entitlement is one of the least appealing aspects of fandom in general. I find the idea that the cast and crew having a well-earned blow-out could in anyway way be seen as thumbing it to the fans bizarre.

4. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    You all missed the point. Maybe I didn't deliver it well enough.

Nothing wrong with people having a party. I'm just saying that it would be nice if fans could at least know a little bit if what is going on with the movie that the fans have elevated to the popularity it has.

Often the journey to making the movie is as exciting as the movie itself (sometimes more actually) so giving a sense that the fans are on this amazing journey as well (like with the prequels) is a nice thing. Right now, I think that SW fans probably feel rather disconnected to the whole process which is a year away from release.

STARBOB likes this.
  5. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I don't view it as the fans elevated anything, personally. People like what they like. We'll get some cool stuff when they're ready and no one will care we got nothing for awhile..

Ganger likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We probably ought to let the film go through post-production before we start demanding anything resembling a finished product.

TheBBP, jedinightwing and Satipo like this.
  7. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I reckon the official wrap will at least see some kind of pic or announcement on the official site - I'm wondering if the official wrap is today or tomorrow.

TheBBP likes this.
  8. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    The movie is still over a year a way...plenty of time for peeks. Patience.

Satipo and TheBBP like this.
  9. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

[​IMG]

10. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Their job is finished. They can have parties or do anything they want, unless they signed a "liftime service to J.J Abrams" contract along with the NDA.

11. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    Good timing! :)

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  12. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014

[​IMG]

13. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    never mind.

14. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I almost wish they would release the movie without post-production. A scene of John and Daisy staring at a plastic stick, with Andy Serkis standing nearby in mocap gear would be epic! :D

15. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The stick would be so easy to relate to since it is really there for real!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.