main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Star Wars: Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ordo Skirata, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo_8

Echo_8 Jedi Knight

Dec 18, 2010
    wow, I was also hoping for something that would involve Mara and Thrawn for this sequel. I wonder what their definition of "original" means. I hear Lucas will still be involved as a consultant. I guess all we can do now is hope Disney does the right thing and doesn't screw up.

2. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    People need to stop with this 'hope Disney does the right thing' stuff; Lucasfilm is one part of the Disney corporate empire; the studio will continue to exist as an autonomous entity with Kathleen Kennedy serving as the President of the company; she will also be the Executive Producer of this new trilogy and was personally handed the 'SW baton' by Lucas himself.

TreborSabreon and SkywalkerDiCo like this.
  3. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Don't stop. It's important that people get this through their heads. The Tragedy of Darth Vader as Star Wars' main focus was always a crock. Seriously.

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn likes this.
  4. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    True...
    But the OT was largely an improvisation. The conception of the series was constantly changing. And episode VI sort of unexpectedly changed the focus, and created a new hero (Anakin, who saves the day at the end instead of Luke) and a new villain (who becomes the ultimate bad guy). Considering that (and the fact that the episodes 1-3 were "missing"), the creation of the PT was a natural step.
    But the PT created a closed and unified Saga, perhaps not 100% consistent, but a Saga that begins with Anakin and ends with Anakin. A Saga in which the main villain is Palpatine. No matter what they try to do, they just can't change that. As Lucas said in 2005, there's no story left to tell.

5. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Hell yeah!

6. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Oh yes, things were in flux throughout the OT era. And the basics of the PT were there from the very beginning too (Luke's father and Ben are Jedi, the Jedi are ambushed and killed off, there's a battle involving Luke's father, Ben, and Darth on a volcano planet, the Republic turns into an Empire). In 1979 the plan really was for three trilogies - a prequel trilogy focusing on the young Ben Kenobi and Luke's father, the middle trilogy, and then a sequel trilogy.

I'm not arguing that the six-film-saga wasn't turned into the Tragedy of Darth Vader - just that that conception of it is a relatively recent one.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  7. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    If this were 1980, I'd be ecstatic. Alas, everything that captured my interest in SW was either wrapped up hastily (Vader, Palpatine) or past its prime (Luke, Leia, Han).

8. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    They should at least draw from the EU because it's gong to be an adjustment for me as a fan of the EU.

9. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    It doesn't sound like they are going to, going by the interview, but it doesn't mean they'll ruin or significantly change the EU. Sure, the big threes adventures have been pretty well mapped out by it. But they can't be the only people having adventures worthy of movies in the SW universe. I have faith that the EU will make it through pretty intact.

Also, this might be better off in the new Episode VII section (hint, hint), now that it exists.

10. Ani is my homeboy

Ani is my homeboy Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2012
    My thinking is that this new trilogy is for future fans and young ones now. Its gonna be passed on so all of you who remember star wars, this is gonna be for your kids or grandkids. Regardless of how it turns out its gonna create a new set of fans; in the teen years and twenties. My hope is that it inspires these kids to pursue science and mathematics; and possible reinvigorate or dreams of the stars. All the while giving us a great story, which originals gave us: i wanna see some nitty gritty though something real. Dark knight meets a galaxy far far away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.