main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode VIII - Release date May 26, 2017

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by starocean90, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I doubt Johnson knows yet either.

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    then he should be fired.:p

nightangel likes this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    What I meant is that others are involved in the writing of the story, so they would know just as much as him at this point. Also, at this point, a lot of that is probably still being worked out.

Having said that, though, IF it's true that Luke's role in TFA is minimal, it's probably also true that TFA sets things up for him to be quite a bit more involved in E8 (as I think those rumors suggest).

4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    what isn't the point of posting?

5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    you do realize I've posted before on other threads 2-3 or more different actors that said they auditioned or could have gotten roles in VII but didn't, same thing here.;)

6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    well I guess you have a point there my friend:)

7. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I'm sure SW concept artists have some idea of the size of Luke's role in Episode 8 based on how many or how little renderings of him they are doing right now for the film.

8. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I'm not worrying he has a small role in 8. I'm saying when Manabyte says he'll have a bigger role in VIII it's ridiculous. There's no evidence if it'll be longer or shorter. It's just an assumption. Like I said, he could have trained Rey prior to 8 even starting.

starocean90 and nalkwan like this.
  9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    wouldn't the training be offscreen anyways as the movie supposedly ends with Rey and Luke together and SW movies always have time jumps from movie to movie. Unless the jump from VII to VIII is short like a year or less just like the jump between V and VI .[face_dunno]

10. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Star Wars movies used to come out three years apart, now they're every other year.

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I meant in-universe jumps.

12. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

And usually the in-universe jumps were meant to explain what happened in the time between movie releases. During the production of Episode III Lucas said The Clone Wars was happening right then, meaning the years between II and III's releases.

13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Baron_Papanerd and nightangel like this.
  14. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    While part of me applauds that idea (as I am an ex-smoker and think we need to do everything we can to fight the "glamourizing" of smoking), I don't necessarily love it in practice. We already know that smoking is a thing in the GFFA and it adds atmosphere to the seedier side of the galaxy. It isn't like they were breaking out a pack of Marlboros or anything like that. I guess I'm a little torn on that idea.

Baron_Papanerd and starocean90 like this.
  15. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

Don't know why sites keep repeating this. It's been Disney policy for at least the last three or four years. That's why they downplayed Walt's chain smoking in Finding Mr Banks.

16. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
  17. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Having unsavory characters smoke hardly glamorizes the habit...Might do quite the opposite. See, kids? Smoke and you'll end up looking like a massive slug who nobody understands.

18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    because Iger said it Yesterday,it makes no difference the point is there will be no smoking in SW movies.;)

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    SW responds,[face_laugh]
    Rian Johnson @rianjohnson 1d1 day ago
    @sethgs Always two, there are.

20. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Let the battle begin then. My guess is WB flinches and they push it for a week though put it closer to the Toy Story stand-alone sequel.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it's kinda doubtful Lego Batman would go against the Sequel to one of the biggest movies of this year and I hope they do move since I'm also a Big Batman fan.:D;)

nightangel likes this.
  22. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I just recently saw Looper. Not bad!

23. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
    With the release dates only 18 months apart, will Episode VIII start filming before Episode VII is released? I can't think of a time this has ever happened with a sequel excluding those filmed at the same time (LOTR, Matrix sequels).

24. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    This is all too much for me to handle.... only a year and a half between Episodes? *proceeds to faint*

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  25. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

Well the LOTR/Matrix sequels were made by the same director for all of them. Episode VIII has a different crew working on it.

They start filming Rogue One in a couple months and in then Episode VIII is probably going to start in late Fall with simple stuff but be in full production after he beginning of the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.