main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST Star Wars Episode VIII: The Resistance Falls

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Starkiller_Ren, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Starkiller_Ren

Starkiller_Ren Jedi Padawan

Dec 29, 2015
    Hey guys, this is my first crack at Star Wars fan fiction. I did a lot of research on the more minor details of the canon, but I'm sure there will be some inaccuracies in my story and for that I do apologize.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy my idea of what Episode 8 could turn out to be.

"On the edge of the horizon

Far into the future

Lay the entwined destinies

Of the disciples of the Force.

They walk forwards

Toward this dawn

They trip, they fall;

Yet still they march on."

Journal of the Whills, 15:226

STAR WARS: THE RESISTANCE FALLS

WAR has erupted across the galaxy! With the destruction of Starkiller Base, the First Order has been staggered, and the Resistance has now struck, attacking First Order bases throughout the galaxy.

On the mysterious planet of AHCH-TO, LUKE SKYWALKER has begun training REY, realizing her potential in the Force. Luke is reluctant to join the Resistance, yet he knows that his return is an inevitability, slowly creeping closer...

Little do they know, KYLO REN is nearly complete with his training in the Dark Side. And SUPREME LEADER SNOKE has a dark plan that, if executed, could cripple the Resistance and extinguish the Light.....

/////

A large planet, dark, thin cracks in the surface revealing lava flows visible even from space.

This was Sullust.

And down upon its surface, deep within its caves, Kylo Ren hunched over a pile of seemingly random bits of metallic pieces and wires- and in the center of this pile, a bright red, luminescent crystal. He raised one gloved hand, and the components began floating upwards, clicking together. The crystal clicked into place within the cylinder and a panel closed down over it.

Kylo stuck his hand out, palm facing upwards. The hilt floated down into his palm, and his fingers closed around it, his thumb flicking over a rectangular black panel. A glowing scarlet blade flared to life with a dark hum, illuminating Kylo's scarred visage.

"Your training is complete, my grandson." Said a deep, vaguely mechanized voice. Kylo looked up to see a transparent blue specter, its hood drawn up and casting a shadow that left the face nearly unrecognizable, save for the occasional glint of what appeared to lenses over the place the eyes should be.

"Will I be able to finish your work? Can I extinguish the light?" Kylo stared up at the spirit with wide eyes, his demeanor that of a scared child seeking reassurance. The ghostly figure paused for a moment, as if thinking.

"You will finish what I started."

Kylo bowed his head down in reverence, and when he spoke his voice trembled.

"Thank you, Lord Vader."

The specter faded away, and finally Kylo was alone in his chamber.

Kylo straightened up when he felt a dark presence enter his chamber. The red blade of his lightsaber retracted with a hiss, and he felt a hand on his shoulder. He could feel the dark power emanating from his visitor, almost crackling in the air around him.

"Kylo Ren. Your work is complete." Supreme Leader Snoke spoke in his resonating voice. "You will prepare your 909th Legion. You will lead them into battle, and as I have foreseen, you will succeed."

"Where will we be occupying, my lord?" He asked slowly, his eyes trained on the dark cave wall, lit only by a thin flow of magma that cut through the floor of the cave. He felt his master's hand tighten slightly on his shoulder.

"The crystal planet of Mygeeto. We will mine the Lurmen crystals before the Resistance can get to the planet. Tightening your hold on it should not be a difficulty, but expect an assault by the fools in the Resistance, my apprentice." And with those words, Snoke turned and exited Kylo's chambers.

It had been a quarter of a standard year since the destruction of Starkiller Base- a quarter of a year since Kylo had killed-

He flinched, and he felt the ghost of a hand on his cheek. His jaw tensed, and he hooked his newly built lightsaber to his belt, and stood swiftly.

He understood why their next move was the crystalline planet of Mygeeto; it lay on the edges of the Outer Rim, and to hold a stronghold that close meant the First Order could blaze a trail straight into the heart of the galaxy, straight into the core planets.

To control the core is to control the galaxy.

/////

Rey struck with the blue lightsaber with all of her strength, long past the point of being distracted by the sparks and the sharp noise of two lightsaber blades clashing. However, no matter what she did, the green blade blocked the attack with ease- in fact, the owner of the green lightsaber, Luke Skywalker, was only gripping the hilt with one hand, and he hadn't even broken a sweat.

Rey pushed the blade forward, but still he didn't budge one bit.

"Reach out to the Force. Become a conduit through which it can flow. Let it guide you." He said calmly, staring intensely into her eyes.

She pushed forward for a few moments, before backing away with a sigh and switching the blue blade off. Luke did the same with his own green blade, and clipped it to his belt. A powerful burst of wind came over the grassy island, and Luke looked into the direction it was blowing from.

"I felt it. The Force. I felt it reaching to me, when I fought him. The blade became less clumsy in my hands, suddenly I knew what to do, where I could strike to incapacitate him. But now, I don't feel anything." She said in a monotone voice, sitting down on a large rock. Luke looked back to her, and she returned his gaze, surprised to find understanding in his eyes. He pointed towards a pile of rocks nearby.

"Remember one of the first lessons I gave you? Use it. Reach out to the Force. Lift the one of the rocks."

Rey extended her hand forward, closing her eyes, feeling a pull in her mind. She willed the rock to lift upwards, and after a few moments it slowly began rising, shakily, jerking from side to side slightly.

"You feel the pull?" Luke asked her. "The question, almost- asking you to reach within its depths and utilize the power that lay within. Memorize that feeling, that pull. The Force taking your command and affecting the physical environment around you."

Rey drew in a deep breath, focusing, drawing in the energy she could feel in the air around her- the rock steadied- and slowly descended back to its original place. She opened her eyes to see Luke's eyes on her own, smiling kindly.

"I think that's enough for today." Luke said simply, drawing up his hood and turning, crossing to the ancient stone steps.

Rey stared out into the horizon for a long moment, gazing at the islands that dotted the vast ocean world. Another gust of wing hit, and she closed her eyes.

She felt a pull in her mind, and suddenly she was falling-

There was a rush of images she could only barely identify; a red blade clashing with green; arcs of what appeared to be electricity; a golden lightsaber blade flaring to life; and finally, a familiar looking tan colored cloak falling to the ground, stained with red.

She opened her eyes.

The grey of the sky had been replaced by the infinite dark of night; the wind had ceased, and all was quiet save for the distance waves of the ocean. She sensed something behind her.

With an incredibly quick and fluid motion, Rey stood, spun around, lightsaber in hand, blue blade flaring to life and pointing at whomever- or whatever- had appeared behind her.

A collection of brightly glowing particles were drifting around in the air. Confusion washed over Rey, but she kept her lightsaber pointed at the particles.

"Who are you?" She managed to say in a loud and confident voice. She was surprised when she heard a voice that seemed to surround her.

"I am your guide." The voice spoke in a familiar Coruscanti accent, echoing slightly. "You are standing upon a planet that is strong with the Force. You can feel the oncoming danger in the air, and in order to combat this danger you must truly tap into this ability while it is here in its abundance. Luke Skywalker has tapped into the Force to a degree never yet seen. He is the only one who can truly teach you, truly help you fulfill your destiny."

Against her better judgement, Rey deactivated the lightsaber and attached it to her belt. The particles began drifting to the right.

"Follow me." The voice spoke simply, and Rey did.

2. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i wonder if the coruscanti accent person is either Anakin or Obi-Wan.

Starkiller_Ren likes this.
  3. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    Cool start, I like the idea that both Rey and Kylo have guides, the floating particles oflight remind me of Yoda in Rebels. I wonder if Kylo is being guided by the essence of Darth Vader while Anakin is helping Rey, the way that Revans spirit was in two parts. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Very interesting to see Vader in Kylo's vision and sounds like Obi-wan or Anakin in Rey's

5. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Great start :) Interesting guides to the main protagonists too. Please let me know when this is updated.

Cheers

6. Starkiller_Ren

Dec 29, 2015
    Rey had often seen Luke traveling in this direction, but she had never went this way; her exploring of this planet was limited. She spent the majority of time training and meditating on the Force. They came upon a cave entrance, and the particles of light brightened exponentially, before entering the cave. Now lit by the brightened particles, she realized the cave was cut into the rock, as opposed to a natural formation. All along the walls, writing was carved. For a moment she thought it was Galactic basic, but it wasn't at all; similar looking, but not galactic basic. As if reading her mind, her guide spoke again.

"The writing is a primitive form of Galactic Basic. These halls are centuries old."

Rey was amazed at all of this- the history that has touched these ancient walls.

The hall slowly expanded, until it opened up entirely into a massive cave; and inside that cave, a massive building, carved from the stone itself.

"Welcome, Rey, to the Temple of the Light. This is the first Jedi Temple." The voice said. Rey's eyes traveled over the cave; it was empty but she could feel a pulse in the air, a comforting feeling of not being alone.

The particles floated a little further, before stopping suddenly, each pin of light vibrating, the color changing; the particles expanded and connected, forming a human man.

"Hello, Rey. My name is Obi-Wan Kenobi." The ghost said with a kind smile. Rey was surprised, to say the least; this wasn't the wizened old man Luke had described, but a youthful man, unmarked by age.

"But Luke always described you as older," Rey pointed out. The ghost chuckled.

"When Luke knew me, yes. The Force that flows through this planet seems to have made me look younger; I suppose my connection to the Force was stronger at this point."

"Why haven't you appeared before?" Rey asked yet another question- she had so many.

"There is imminent danger here; you and Luke are on limited time. If you are to master the Force, you must do it soon. So I have taken you here- here, where the Force is at it's strongest, you can achieve the true potential of your powers. Sit here."

Obi Wan indicated a square rock; the writing on it indicated that was meant to be some sort of sign or memorial. Rey jumped on the top and sat. She closed her eyes.

"Reach for it. The Force. Feel it stir within the air."

Rey felt a pull.

At first, the layers of dust and sand stirred and began swirling around her; then the pebbles and stones did the same.

Soon they where spinning around her like a tornado.

/////

"Still nothing from Rey?"

Finn had worn that concerned look on his face for the entire quarter of a year since Rey had gone to find Luke. He felt reassurance for a little bit when she sent the Millennium Falcon and Chewbacca back with the message that she was training with Luke and would contact when she was prepared to return, but that was a while ago and they'd gotten only silence since. Leia let out a heavy sigh.

"None yet." Her eyes were still on the holographic display, filing rapidly through the information within.

"I'm worried, general. All this time without any word? The First Order was on a warpath for Luke. And now that we have him, we only get silence." Leia paused from her reading, and turned to Finn.

"I would've felt if something bad happened to Luke, okay? Whatever is going on between them, it only means that when Rey gets back, she can fight with us. She can stop the Resistance with us."

Finn nodded and Leia resumed her work, but Finn felt very little relief. He had been a bit of a loner on D'Qar; Poe was often out on missions and everyone was so busy with the Resistance work. Finn didn't have much of anything to do. He wasn't a hugely skilled flyer, and there were few boots on the ground, as the Resistance focused on taking the First Order out by air, given the expertise of Poe.

With a heavy sigh, he sat on the edge of his bed. He'd already reviewed the HoloNews and there were no new alerts.

Finn laid back and quickly fell asleep.

/////

The snow and the wind whipped mercilessly at Kylo, but it didn't bother him.

He watched as minetroopers began rappelling from the sky bridges of Mygeeto, far down into the mist- to the valuable crystals. They were energy sources, and they could be used to power weapons and space stations. The crystals that were here in abundance were of great use to the First Order.

He felt a pull in his mind, and suddenly he was falling.

He didn't recognize the planet he was on; but he could see the flows of lava. The sun was blocked by clouds of ash. The planet seemed to be in a constant state of nightfall.

"You were my brother Anakin!" A voice nearby yelled. Kylo turned towards it, and cautiously began walking. "I loved you..." The voice said, weaker this time.

"I HATE YOU!" A vicious voice roared, and Kylo's walking sped up. He heard agonized screams and a young bearded man walked over the hill, right past Kylo, head hung low.

Kylo came up over the hill, and he saw him.

He recognized the face from old holoreels he watched from the Clone Wars. But his face was different here. It was twisted with hatred and pain, as the fire crawled unstoppably along his injured body.

Kylo watched with shock as his grandfather burned alive.

He felt another pull in his mind, and now he was back on Mygeeto; the minetroopers were working diligently and all seemed to be going according the plan.

/////

Rey swung the blade with precision; Luke was taken aback by the sudden expertise. He could only barely hold her back.

The sabers clashed once more, and Rey suddenly twisted her saber, Luke's own weapon flying from his hand. Rey's blade was pointed at his throat.

She deactivated her blade while Luke smiled.

"You've improved." He stated the obvious. She smiled.

"This planet... it's strong with the force. I managed to finally utilize it."

"As my master used to say, you've taken your first steps into a much larger world." Luke said with a smile. "For now, training is over for today. I am old, after all."

RX_Sith likes this.
  7. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great description all around concerning both Rey's and Kylo's training and the images that they both saw.

8. Starkiller_Ren

Dec 29, 2015
    Kylo was sitting cross legged on the smooth durasteel floor of his Upsilon-class command shuttle. His eyes were closed, back straight, as he drifted within the Force; trying to connect to that vision again. To find more visions. The image of his grandfather's face, twisted with rage, was burned into his consciousness.

No matter how he tried, he couldn't access these visions.

Kylo let out a frustrated sigh. One step forward, two steps back.

He attempted to resume his concentration, reaching out into the depth of the Force, trying to catch something of note.

Something on the outside exploded, the noise startling him as his ship shook. He heard alarms and his men screaming; Kylo stood and gestured to his helmet, which flew to his hand in one swift motion; he put it on and grabbed his lightsaber.

As he stepped out into the snow and wind, he saw a red blaster bolt strike a holding crate, the crate exploding and spitting out twisted durasteel. Kylo looked up into the sky, and was shocked to see a squadron of Resistance X-wings, headed by a black and orange model.

"Dameron." Kylo spoke venomously, raising his hand and willing the Force to come through him, pulling down Poe Dameron; a blue beam of proton energy slammed down next to him, exploding and pushing him back.

/////

"Black Leader, Ren is down, I repeat, Ren is down!"

"Not for long!" Poe yelled, pulling up as a rocket almost hit his wing. "Focus fire on those holders! We need to be in and out!"

BB-8 beeped nervously, and Poe chuckled.

"Nothing to worry about buddy. This is one of the best group of pilots in the galaxy."

/////

Kylo yelled as he extended both hands out, an X-wing stalling and stopping in mid-air; he thrust his arms down, and the ship shot downwards, deep down at the crystalline surface of Mygeeto.

An x-wing flew close to the bridge, and in one fluid motion, Kylo withdrew his saber and cut the wing; the x-wing over corrected to the left and rolled, crashing onto the bridge and rolling hard into the tower.

/////

"Dammit, Ren has taken down two already! Let's get those containers down people!" Poe yelled in his communicator. With renewed focus, he fired two proton torpedoes at the bridge supports; the bridge crumbled and fell into the mists, bringing with it several containers, mining equipment, and a large group of storm troopers.

"Alright let's get out of here!"

/////

Kylo watched as the squadron flew away into the atmosphere, after destroying their mining operations and killing many troopers. Kylo let out a frustrated scream, a blast of Force energy pushing debris away from him.

He looked over at the crashed X-wing, as the pilot desperately tried to claw his way of the wrecked ship. Kylo extended his hand.

The ship opened up, and the pilot was pulled out, flying head first, before stopping suddenly, head only a few inches from Kylo's palm. The soldier screamed as Kylo reached into his mind.

Happiness. A husband. A beautiful child. A sunny day in a field. The rebel base. A holocall to home. D'Qar. A holgraphic model of Starkiller Base. A holographic map. Luke Skywalker. Map to Luke. Holographic map. Final piece. Luke Skywalker.

The pilot was crying as Kylo only felt triumph. His scarlet blade blazed through the man's heart.

/////

"General! We've received an urgent broadcast from one of Black Squadron's pilots."

Leia turned to the girl and nodded.

"Play it."

The hologram came to life, showing a floating body, obviously dead. A few around Leia gasped.

"I do not know this man's name." A deep, mechanized voice said. Leia herself nearly gasped. Ben. "He had a family. He hoped to be finished with this war soon, and live out the rest of his life on a nice planet in the core. I took that from him. Imagine that which you love most.... And realize we will take that away from all of you."

The hologram cut off. Leia inhaled deeply, her eyes closed, holding back tears.

/////

Luke's eyes opened suddenly.

He shot to his feet, lightsaber in hand, and he exited his stone shelter.

"You sense it too?" Rey asks him, her eyes skyward.

"It's something dark." He says, reaching out into the Force to get some sort of answer on who-

A small shuttle appears in the atmosphere.

"That's Ben! That's his ship!" Rey says, unclipping her saber and preparing herself as the ship drew close.

Luke and Rey's blades activated as the ship landed. The ramp dropped down, and Kylo stepped out into view.

"Uncle."

Roary and RX_Sith like this.
  9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Superb imagery all around as Kylo now is preparing to fight Rey and Luke.