main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars: Episode VIII Will Head To Ireland's Skellig Michael

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Sep 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Maybe Luke is a vegetarian and only eats that vegetable from the garden?

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

nightangel likes this.
  2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I wonder if they may get problems with the weather and filming here. Today it is again heavily raining and the expected weather for the next days is not better. Seems to be not the best time to make vacation in Ireland regarding the weather. [face_sigh]

starocean90 likes this.
  3. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Are you going to be in the area for the next few days? If so, perhaps you will catch a glimpse of Mark or Daisy.

I nominate you to be our Bothan Spy. :)

Darth_Voider and nightangel like this.
  4. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I stay in Ireland for some days, but depending on the weather I planned to do some sightseeing in other areas of the country. I also doubt that I will see them, since they are for sure heavily guarded and kept away from public. ;) But in the rare case I will see any of them, I will write about it in the forum. :)

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    they want it somewhat foggy and maybe rainy. which is why they're going back at this time of year.

nightangel likes this.
  6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Good for you nightangel. Cool that a huge Luke fan will be close to seeing Hamill filming Episode VIII.

Enjoy!

arjank and nightangel like this.
  7. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    thanks, I was already so happy that I could make it yesterday to Skellig, since the weather is not that good at the moment and the island is closed for the next days due to filming. :)

arjank, starocean90 and Darth_Bertie like this.
  8. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    from my take on the Empire Magazine article I assumed they are done filming by now?

nightangel likes this.
  9. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    It is for VIII. ;)

10. Rey771

Rey771 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 10, 2015

This is for Episode 8.

11. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I know I created this thread;) I just thought the article was making it seem that this happened the past few days/weeks and they are done filming there episode 8 scenes for now?

12. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    nope I think this article refers to last year filming and they just did tell it now to the public what happened. ;)

13. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    your probably right I was just going on the part of the article where it says, "The film crew are filming some time there this month" Technically they could have filmed there episode 8 scenes last week, but I am probably reading to much in to this as usual:p

nightangel likes this.
  14. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Technical this is of course possible, but then there would not be much filmed on the island. Maybe it was too dangerous to film more there. ;)

15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    well the article says they are just filming for a few days on the Island. actually to quote the article "According to RTE, Johnson and his crew are scheduled to film for just a couple of days this month"

16. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    one more of my pics from tech equipment on Skellig. Was first not sure if I should share, but since someone else also posted about equipment there, here it is:

[​IMG]

17. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    http://entertainment.ie/cinema/news...Michael-for-Star-Wars-Episode-VIII/370211.htm

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0914/727811-skellig-michael/

starocean90 likes this.
  18. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
  19. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    As someone who lives in Galway, can confirm, weather was absolutely horrible today.

Wish I could get down to Kerry for a bit. See if anything cool happens.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Lord, how I miss RTE when I'm in the US...

nightangel - Since you are not very far off from it, I'd highly, highly recommend you visit Glendalough in County Wicklow. You will not be disappointed. And, don't forget... the Jedi Archive Library is in Dublin's Trinity College Long Room. I've looked for Kamino in their records numerous times.

Weather is reportedly going to improve for tomorrow on the southwestern seaboard, so the Skelligs will cease being quite so treacherous. At least for a brief few hours.

TK327, nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  21. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    thanks a lot for your tipps. :D

22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Chained Prometheus and TK327 like this.
  23. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Yedlin's great with natural light and composition. I like JJ's team fine, but Yedlin and Johnson are a much stronger filmmaking duo, IMO.

24. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Indeed. Episode VIII is going to look absolutely stunning. Plus if any of the Russian cinema that Johnson was initially screening to his team when he first got the gig bleeds into the visuals of this film, we're in for an absolute treat. Something that could legitimately rival or even outdo the work on TESB.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  25. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

nightangel

How did you get that close to Episode VIII Camera equipment? Ha! Is our nightangel part of Rian Johnson's Production Crew? [face_tee_hee] Don't hold out any secrets from us. [face_shame_on_you] :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.