Syra, NY star wars event at auburn wal-mart

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by tommydee316, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommydee316 Jedi Padawan

hi just wanted to post this info
    the walmart in auburn ny will have a star wars event to premote the new toys comeing out this weekend by hasbro it will be one of 395 stores takeing part but the only one in ny for more info at www.walmart.com/starwars and www.jedinet.com/collecting
    starting at 8 a.m. on sat april 2
  2. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    They are having this in the Clay Walmart as well. They are offering pics with vader there.

I am in pretty good with the Manager there Im shocked she didnt call us for help ........she does every time they have an event.

I went shopping the other day and noticed signs everywhere. If anyone wants to do something at a local walmart let me know perhaps we can weazel in at the last minute :)
  3. tommydee316 Jedi Padawan

hi just wanted to add all walmarts are doing the pic with vader cut out and midnight opening thing. But the one in auburn is a biger event by hasbro with freebes from hasbro ,pepsie and more and thay will have a tent set up in the parking lot and the website is
    www.wal-mart.com/starwars
  4. tommydee316 Jedi Padawan

and btw the info i got from www.jedinet.com/collecting is thay want pepole to come dressed up to this event in auburn
  5. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Does anyone want to do this?
    We better hurry up and chime in soon if we do. ;)
  6. Jedi-Monkey Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't know if anyone here went to the midnight thing in Auburn, but it was a complete and total waste of time. Barely a fraction of the merchandise was made available, and the toy manager there had absolutely NO control over anything. She had no clue what most of the stuff was, and no real answers for anyone who asked questions, other than most of the stuff people actually WANTED would be available at 8 am in the tent.

Also, not all Wal-Marts were doing the midnight opening. I know this because one of the people that went with me works at the Waterloo/Seneca Falls Wal-Mart, and they didn't open at midnight. Not til 7 am. Which is where I will be going to get the rest of the stuff in a few hours. It's closer, and after the fiasco earlier tonight, you couldn't PAY me to go back to Auburn.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.