main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars exhibit at Museum of Science

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by AnakinGirl05, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Anyone shecked out there website lately? This exhibit looks so cool. Opens October 27th, members can buy tix as early as August!!! I'll be there!!

2. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    that should definitely be a meet =).

3. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I really want to make a trip down to that.

4. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I am going to make a trip up for this. :)

5. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    A couple of us in Rochester, NY were thinking about making the trip out as well.

~Doc_Bev

6. Anna-neko

Anna-neko Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2005
    Museum page won't load for me ><;

Is this going to be like LotR exibit was? 'cause then I'm totaly in!

7. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Pretty much, Anna. Something I'm looking forward to seeing is the full-sized mockup of the Royal Naboo N-1 Starfighter. =P~

8. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Something I'm looking forward to seeing is the full-sized mockup of the Royal Naboo N-1 Starfighter.
    I agree, that would be a sight to see.

9. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    i think this can be an excellent opportunity to have super-mega-duper meet of various chapters of fanforce across the country.

let the boston groups know so they can help with the details. it'll be a blast to meet everyone!

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Saw this link in the Force.net news. Pictures have been posted here to display some of the decorating that has taken place for the exhibit.

11. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    As I was driving up Storrow Dr. Monday heading over to the concert I saw that they have deco'd the dome of the planetarium to look like R2's head. :D It really got me excited for the exhibit.

12. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I just saw some new info regarding this exhibit poster over at tf.n. according to this page:

There is going to be a black-tie gala hosted at the MOS with Uncle George himself in attendance. Not sure what the cost is to attend, but I'm guessing it's one of those "if you have to ask you probably can't afford it" type deals.

Also mentioned in the details is that Wolfgang Puck will be creating the menu himself and Anthony Daniels will be there hosting the charity auction.

Man I would LOVE the chance to be there. Hopefully my MegaBucks numbers will come up between now and then and I can afford to go. In fact, if my numbers do come up, I'll take you all with me! :D

13. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I am really looking forward to this. I am a member of the museum and will be attending the members only preview the Sunday before. I know I will go there a few different times since I am sure I won't see everything. lol

14. spideyguy0

spideyguy0 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Price for the Gala is $750 per person. And I think Wolfgang Puck's is one of the Museum's regular resteraunts in the cafe, I dont think its special for the gala. The food might be better, but the resteraunt's always there.

15. spideyguy0

Apr 28, 2005
    Damn, I just got invited to volunteer at the gala (free admission), but I cant do it, cause the timing doesnt work out. Thats really anoying.

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Well congrats on getting invited that is cool. Sorry you can't do it though. That would have definitely been fun to do. I thought about doing it for a few things now but didn't know how or what had to be done.

17. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Well this exhibit sounds better and better. :)

18. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    I can't wait to see it. I first heard about it when they turned down the Ben Franklin exhibit to host a "huge, multi-million dollar exhibit". Then I heard it was going to be a SW exhibit and that it was world premiering in Boston and I swear my heart stopped!

Seeing the picture on line of the Astronomy dome dressed up as R2 - Wow! I can't wait to see the look on my kids faces when they see it.

19. spideyguy0

Apr 28, 2005
    Ok, so I saw an overview of the different parts of the exhibit last night at the volunteer training, and all I can say is, this looks good. This looks very good.

20. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Welcome WifeofVader and spideyguy...we hope you'll stick around. :D

21. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    I plan on sticking around.... I love SW so much and it helps to have others like me to talk to!

Can't wait for the event at the MOS either!

22. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    well I will be trooping the MOS for alot of the first week or so .... from the gala in XWING gear to the29th

If you see me .. I will be " in character" so if i DONT ANSWER TO MY GIVEN NAME I am not being rude...

you will hear alot of " move along " and " look sir droids " at the exhibit...

see you all soon

Justin Manning

aka Ben Skywalker
    Rancor 6 of Alderaan Base Rebel Legion

23. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    So when are you guys all going?? I am going on Nov. 5th and I can not wait!! Saw that they are going to have a book out with the exhibit, which should be cool as well.

I really wish they would do a SW themed laser show in the planetarium!!

Hope you all get a chance to go!

How cool is it that Boston is getting all of these SW related things? Nov. sure will be a pricey month for me...the exhibit, ROTS DVD, Super Mega Fest, Dark Lord, The Rise of Darth Vader.....then CW 2 at the beginning of December, perhaps I need a second job??

24. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    I think the book SW:Where Science Meets Imagination hit shelves this week.... We were discussing it on the OS this morning.

I truly can't wait for the exhibit. Not sure when I am going yet but, it will be shortly after it opens. Like you say though... an expensive month and then the holidays hit just after!

It's going to be a great Sithmas (opps, I mean Christmas)!

25. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I will be going on Oct 23rd the preview day for member of the MOS and then I will go again the weekend before Thanksgiving if my brother comes out from OH that is. If not I may go again in Dec or something. I am looking forward to seeing this exhibit it should be a good one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.