main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Star Wars Exhibit at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DK_Force85, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    I'm not certain as to the details of this, but I heard that it was coming soon. Anyone here thinking of going?

2. Jaina_Skylar

Jaina_Skylar Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2007
    Oh, I've been! It's really fun and there's a lot of cool stuff.
    They have a lot of the costumes and props and it's just a ton of fun!
    I highly reccomend going, it's worth the cost!

Oh, and bring your camera, They welcome pictures and you're gonna want some pics to remember it years from now.
    It's just an incredible experience!

3. DK_Force85

Apr 13, 2006
    How much does cost to get in?

4. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Ticket prices are here

https://www.tickets.fwmuseum.org/public/

We went last weekend the display was great and the gift shop was awesome.

5. DK_Force85

Apr 13, 2006
    I don't think I can afford to pay $16 for it just yet. I was kinda hoping to use the exhibit as an opportunity to arrange some sort of DFW JCers meeting.

6. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Went there twice and had a good time.

imo they did a good job mixing the props and SW tech in with current science, interactive games and such.

It was a lot more successful than the museum staff was expecting, so hopefully we will see more of similar tours and events in the future.

7. DK_Force85

Apr 13, 2006
    I hope so. I hope that with any future events in this area people will act on them ahead of time and arrange a DFW JCer meeting. I went to the exhibit with my family on the next to last day it was there. It was fun, but I so wished it had been with some of my fellow JCers.

8. Xacuteorder66

Xacuteorder66 Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2007
    Yea, I went to the preshow back in April and met some people from the R2 Builder's Group. However there weren't any exhibits setup. Then I went after if officially opened and it was the bomb. I didn't see everything i would have loved to see there, but there was enough. Especially after not getting to go to C IV this exhibit and the upcoming Scifi Expo at the Plano Convention Center Oct.21-23 for a 30th Anniversary Celebration will be C IV enough for me. And if you're an official fanclub member there'll be a fanclub breakfast, how kool is that??? Hopefully it with the Star Wars celebs. Steve Sansweet will be there also.

9. DK_Force85

Apr 13, 2006
    So what sort of things will they have at the sci-fi expo?

10. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    The FanForce is going to have a table at the Sci-Fi expo. Check out the thread in the MidSouth regional discussion forum.

11. Xacuteorder66

Xacuteorder66 Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2007
    This will be like a C IV, butfor Dallas,TX. There'll be lots of celebs like David Prowse, and lots of others. If you're an Official fanclub member you'll get to go to the breakfast special before the event opens.I went to the Science meets Imagination exhibit and it was cool and i'm really looking forward to this.The link for the scifi expo is http://www.scifiexpo.com/dcc/home/home.html This is a special expo to celebrate the 30th Aniverssary of Star Wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.