main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Star Wars: Expanded Universe (Where the really neat stuff happens)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jankarakk, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Oh... I thought Axia meant Luminara became one with the Force.

2. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm pretty sure Dark Journey was the worst book that held a Star Wars name. I actually stopped reading the whole NJO series because of that book. I would rather read Splinter of the Mind's Eye over and over again with Luke totally slobbering over Leia before they were brother and sister. Its really gross.

3. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    no, she's right here typing away.

4. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Hopefully I'll finish off Dark Journey today and then start Enemy Lines I.

5. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    What is it that makes you loathe that book so much Gerson? I found the ones where Han just wouldnt stop whining about chewie's death to be far more annoying. Actually thats misleading becuase I dont remember Dark Journey annoying me at all. But, Jaina is rather highly placed on my fave characters list. Truth be told it has been awhile since I read that. Maybe Ill break out with the audio book and listen to that. Im pretty sure I have that audio book.

6. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    The first EU book I ever read, and is the reason I started reading EU, was Tales from Jabba's Palace. I loved RotJ, and especially Jabba's Palace, and after reading that book, I realized the potential and options the writers had to make Star Wars just that much more of a full story. Yay for the EU!

7. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    :) yup, i liked dark journey as well. i agree with axia about han's whinning. it went on for too long. i can understand that he was really broken up about loosing chewie (as was i) but, sewiously guys.

traitor was a very good book too. i liked reading about jacen in that book. before that book, i didn't really like jacen very much because of his resemblance to a new hope luke. vergere was also pretty flippin sweet.

8. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I think I have like 2 chapters of Dark Journey left. I spent my break today reading it. Yay!

I will say a few good things about Dark Journey:

1. Jaina bringing out the hypocrite in Kyp is hilarious.
    2. Jaina going dark is pretty interesting.
    3. Jaina playing Yun Harla is pretty fun to read.
    4. Ta'a Chume's manipulations are probably better than Palpatine's... if they could have gotten together, no telling what they could have accomplished.

9. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, I'm almost finished with Ememy Lines I: Rebel Dream. This book is awesome, and I love reading it (unlike with Dark Journey). I'm reading this thinking "Man, I'd love to see a movie of this!"

10. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I just thought of something!

We wanna make a Fan Film, right? Well, why couldn't we do a Fan Film set during the NJO. I mean, if we got some really good makeup and stuff, and we could do a few Yuuzhan Vong, it would end up being DOMINANT!

11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, just finished Rebel Dream! LOVED IT! Can't wait to start on Rebel Stand.

Gerson, don't let Dark Journey keep you from finishing the NJO... They get better, I promise.

12. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Now I'm like 2/3s finished with Rebel Stand! Yay! Star Wars goodness! I loved C3P0 and R2D2 rescuing Han and Leia from the prison! And Lord Nyak is friggin AWESOME!

13. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I'm most of the way finished with the first Agents of Chaos book.

14. JeediMoriah

JeediMoriah Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Luminara_Jade:

"my fave EU book would have to be the duelogoy of Vision of the Future and Spector of the Past. but i have to say that without the Thrawn triliogy, they would be nothing."

Oh! I love those books, their awesome.

BTW i love the EU and my favorite eras would have to be the New Republic and the NJO. I'm absolutely in love with the series and the character Tahiri. I can't wait for the new Dark Nest trilogy. ;)

15. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I am a huge SW book fan, at least until I read one of the NJO series. I forget what it was called, but it was all about Jaina. I really liked the Thrawn series, but right now my favorite is Shatterpoint. Mace is freaking awesome.

16. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I started Force Heretic II this morning, and it's great, can't wait to finish the series!

17. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Star by Star is the best book out

Enemy Lines is very good also

Dark Journey I didn't like too much.

Force Heretic is underrated

18. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Dark Journey that's the one! Man I hated that book so much, I didn't finish it and haven't read any other NJO book since.

19. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Gerson: If you can get past Dark Journey pretty much everything beyond that is either fantastic or good.

20. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Ok. So recently I've made my way to the Force Heretic books. I'm almost caught up to Morondude....Bout a quarter of the way through it. I love these books so much.

Other news...picked up the first book of the Dark Nest trilogy: The Joiner King. Read a chapter or so of that....pretty stinkin good. Also it has at the back of the book the e-book Ylesia that is supposed to go in between Destiny's Way and Force Hereitc I. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I'm glad Star Wars exists yay.

21. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    So... I've finished the NJO! It was great, and anyone who hasn't read them all should... right now...

22. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    i'm workin on it i'm working on it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.