main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Fact Files are Awesome!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    One for TC:

?A dear friend ? a Jedi ? has died ? butchered - on the field of battle?

Weeding out the Sith

?As the Clone Wars dragged on, one attempt was made to find the Sith at the heart of the Senate. It was doomed to failure from the start?

With all of the treachery during the Clone Wars, many Jedi did not know who to trust.
    Tap-Nar-Pal, a Jedi, hatched a plan. He thought the rumors of a Sith in the Senate were true and that the Sith?s presence was causing the chaos in the galaxy. Knowing that some of the Jedi disagreed, he only told his Master, Ronhar Kim, of his belief.
    After accepting that even Yoda could not sense the Sith, Tap-Nar-Pal came up with a simple plan to find the Sith Master. He thought that a Sith Master would have a very high midi-chlorian count ? a Force characteristic that could not be hidden. If all of the Senators underwent a midi-chlorian test the Sith would either flee or be revealed.
    Master Kim, however, saw the flaws in the plan. Uppermost was convincing the Senators to undergo the test. Since the Jedi were already losing popularity it was unlikely that the Senate would submit. Kim knew a senior Senator would have to take the test to convince the rest to follow suit.
    Ronhar?s father had been Palpatine?s predecessor, representing Naboo in the Senate until his assassination. Because of this, Ronhar was close to Senator Palpatine. As a new Senator, Palpatine had proposed an alliance with Ronhar, saying that between the two of them they could force some real change. Palpatine benefited from the alliance, especially after Ronhar saved him from assassination.
    Ronhar proposed that Palpatine undergo the test, knowing that the Senate would follow his example. He and Tap-Nar-Pal met secretly with Palpatine , not even informing the Jedi Council. They wanted to present a firm plan to the Council, not a fantasy. Palpatine was at first sceptical of testing the Senate but took notice when they
    disclosed he was to be the first tested. Palpatine told them not to speak of the plan to anyone, and discovered their next destination ? the planet Merson.
    When the Jedi arrived at Merson, they were met by a large Separatist force and slain.
    ?It remained a mystery to the Republic why the Separatists should take so much trouble to ambush a small group. Needless to say Palpatine did not pursue the plans for a midi-chlorian test in the Senate?.

Jort - I will try to put Sate Pestage up tomorrow or Thursday. Between maps and Sith I am kinda FactFiled out for tonight!

2. President_Sharky

President_Sharky Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2004
    Hmmm, strange that Drongar is on the map, but not Ord Cestus. Oh well.

3. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Thanks Fett!

TC

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, I will put issue #140 up later after work but I can tell you that this is the penultimate one - the preview issue is the Index issue.

5. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    MIghty fine thread youve built up here LAJ_Fett. Ive been eagerly following it for weeks. Anychance of that CW map scan you've been talking about?

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think you are about number 5, TOD - PM me an email address and I can send you a copy later when I am home.
    I will warn you the names are kinda hard to read though - very small text.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, #140 is out:

Yuuzhan Vong Incursions - The end of the invasion
    Skywalker Family Tree - the Skywalker recent ancestry
    The Hutts - an overview of the species
    Kyle Katarn - Imperial that became a Rebel agent
    Eeth Koth - Zabrak Jedi
    Ki-Adi-Mundi - Anakin Skywalker's temporary Master
    Baron Soontir Fel - fighter ace, serving in both the Empire and the Republic
    Het Nkik - Tatooine Jawa
    Devaron
    Surgical Technology - more techniques used for evil

And next week - the final index issue.

I know there is a request for Eeth Koth so far - hopefully I will get to it tomorrow. After that I will get to Sate Pestage.

8. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    LAJ_FETT:

Can I please see the entry on Yuuzhan Vong incursions. I am interested in it because it says that is covers the end of the invasion.

Thanks.

--Adm. Nick

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You're on the list, Nick...

10. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    The Clone Wars map looks great, thx for sending it LAJ. It's hard to read but I got good eyes. :D

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Glad your eyes are good - I had to use a magnifying glass...and that was for the original map!

12. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    i better go buy a magnifying glass too! But thanks for the map, that is awesome of you! Why can't we have FF in USA? I'd at least buy the issue with the map.

Maybe an enlarge version of this map will show up in Insider (HINT HINT!).

13. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    FF isn't in America? Yay! Some you guys don't have over us. :p

As for the Vong incursions, well, didn't TUF say Commenor, Kuat and several other notable worlds have fallen?

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ok - first request up.

?He was a great Jedi ? and a good friend?

Jedi Master

?Eeth Koth took many Padawans under his wing. During his long career as a Jedi Master, but none was more important to him than Sharad Hett?

Eeth Koth had no family, but he still encouraged his Padawan Sharad Hett to visit his homeworld and maintain contact with his family. However, since Koth and Hett were constantly travelling, the Padawan eventually lost touch with his relations. Sharad Hett eventually became a well-known Jedi Knight. He still confided in his old Master, and told him of feelings of emptiness and loss. Hett then disappeared.
    For years Eeth Koth wondered if he had done enough to help Hett emotionally. Then evidence of Hett?s activities emerged ? some tribes of Tatooine Sand People had united and were waging war against settlers on the planet. The Jedi Council decided to send someone to Tatooine, but Eeth Koth knew that he mission would be too personal for him.
    The mission had a tragic ending, with Aurra Sing killing Sharad Hett. The news was a blow to Eeth , and for the rest of his life he wondered if he could have prevented Hett?s death.
    Events in the galaxy overshadowed Eeth?s loss. ?Master Eeth Koth?s straight thinking was appreciated as the shroud of the dark side fell, and he continued to serve on the Jedi Council. He was one of the many Jedi who were rushed into action at the Battle of Geonosis. Sadly, it is thought that he was killed amid the chaos of that conflict. He became one of the many ?missing, presumed dead? Jedi of the Clone Wars?.

I'll try to get to Sate Pestage and the Yuuzhan Vong over the weekend.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    And here's one for Jort:

?You?re actually alive, Pestage, which is rather rare among the Emperor?s henchmen?

Sate Pestage

?One of the Emperor?s closest and most loyal servants, Sate Pestage was just as ruthless as his master?

Character Data
    Species: Human
    Height: 1.75 meters
    Homeworld: Unknown
    Affiliation: Empire
    Vehicle: Imperial Shuttles
    Weapon: Unknown

The first meeting between the Emperor and Sate Pestage is shrouded in mystery, but Pestage was unable to resist the opportunities presented by the leader of the Empire. Some of the rumors were that he was a relative or an early clone of the Emperor. However, his own leadership of the Empire does not suggest a genetic relationship.
    Even while Palpatine was still Senator for Naboo, Pestage and Kinman Doriana were already assisting in hatching the Senator?s plots and covering his corruption trail. While King Veruna reigned Pestage was already serving Palpatine. He was responsible for killing a person implicated in a plot to prevent his talking to the Naboo authorities, arousing Lieutenant Panaka?s suspicions. He also assisted in discrediting Finis Valorum, making way for Palpatine to become Supreme Chancellor. He planted information in Senator Orn Free Taa?s computer that implicated Valorum in the assassinaton of the Trade Federation delegates on Eriadu. This was a vital part in Queen Amidala?s Vote of No Confidence in Valorum.
    Since Pestage had remained loyal (and useful) to Palpatine, he was retained in employment when the Senator became Supreme Chancellor. His rewards included power and wealth. Pestage was in charge of Palpatine?s diary and could admit or veto those seeking to see the Chancellor. He also assisted in Palpatine?s schemes, including dealings with the Separatists. He was also spokesman for the Chancellor?s office, and at one point in the Separatist crisis had to deny claims that Palpatine was ill.
    When Palpatine became Emperor, Pestage was given the title of Grand Vizier. He was in charge of the day-to-day affairs of the Empire, acting as its ruler to a large degree. He was also in charge of Palpatine?s welfare. His job included tasting the Emperor?s food to prevent poisoning and organizing the Emperor?s diary. Pestage remained in Palpatine?s favour even as other servants fell into disfavour. Eventually he was rewarded with the Ciutric Hegemony, a group of wealthy planets which brought Pestage enormous revenue amounts.

The Emperor became more and more involved in his dark side studies and schemes to bring Luke Skywalker to the dark side, especially following the Battle of Hoth.
    Pestage stepped into those areas no longer of interest to Palpatine. Pestage still worked closely with Palpatine, even visiting him on the second Death Star prior to its destruction. ?With the death of the Emperor, the reins of the Empire lay in Pestage?s hands ? if he had the courage, skill, and conviction to grasp them?.

?To have come so far, to have survived so long, just to lose it all?

Heir to the Emperor

?After Endor, Sate Pestage had his chance for total power. He soon showed, however, that he was no Palpatine?

After Palpatine died at Endor, Pestage was left on the throne. He attempted to provide leadership continuity from Imperial Center. Before long, however, leadership challengers arose. The ?Ruling Circle? ? comprised of Moffs and generals ? was the main immediate threat. They wanted Pestage out so they could run the Empire.
    As Pestage fought to hold power, it was soon apparent that he was a follower, not a leader. He had none of the Emperor?s tactical cunning. Director of Imperial Intelligence Ysanne Isard came to Pestage offering advice on disgracing the Ruling Circle by causing a Rebel attack on Brentaal IV. Pestage went along with the plan and realized too late that Isard?s goal was the Imperial throne. After Brentaal IV was lost, he realized he had been tricked. Even worse, his store of arms and treasure on Tatooine had also been destroyed. Pestage made plans to defect to the Rebels.
    The calls for Pestage?s removal on

16. shoujo_senshi

shoujo_senshi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
  17. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    So Pestage *was* on the Death Star II at one point. Interesting.

And, BTW, the clone died, not Pestage...

TC

18. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    I think Pestage actually was a movie character that appeared in ESB but didn't make it to the final version.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    ?If there?s no distinction between the light and the dark sides, then it won?t matter what happens here?

Do or Die (Yuuzhan Vong Incursions)

?As Coruscant was bioformed into Yuuzhan?tar, ancient homeworld of the Vong, the galactic defenders began their final struggle against extinction?

Although many Senators had fled Coruscant, taking their wealth, most of the galactic forces fought on. Although Coruscant had fallen, there were still parts of the galaxy to battle for. Danni Quee and other scientists had increased the defence capability of the New Republic by making inroads into countermeasures against the Vong. Using this technology, Wedge Antilles led a force that made a stand on Borleias. They had planned on a fighting retreat but were able to defeat the Yuuzhan Vong. It was temporary and costly, but it sent a ray of hope to the galaxy.

Galactic authorities also began to appreciate the Jedi efforts. After Chief of State Borsk Fey?lya?s self-sacrifice and the fall of Coruscant the Senate relocated to Mon Calamari. Cal Omas, a pro-Jedi, was elected as Fey?lya?s replacement. Jacen Solo returned as well, along with Vergere. Following the establishment of the government both the Jedi and senior politicians planned the next move. Although now aged, Admiral Ackbar was still a tactical genius. He put a military plan forward. There was also a proposal to use Alpha Red to destroy the Vong species and their creations. Despite the horror of the Jedi the vote was in favour. Vergere sabotaged the Alpha Red rather than use that solution. Ackbar?s plan was used but unfortunately he died without seeing the outcome.

The Ackbar plan was a great success at Ebaq 9. Warlord Tsavong Lah died and a large Vong force was decimated. However. Vergere also died, sacrificing herself in the conflict. The Vong still fought against the defenders despite their losses. Looking for a solution, Luke Skywalker and a Jedi team went in search of the wandering planet Zonama Sekot. Luke thought this world, once visited by Anakin and Obi-wan, might be a key to galactic survival.
    The conflict continued, and the Imperial Remnant joined forces to fight with the New Republic. The Yuuzhan Vong forces were becoming overstretched, and the galactic forces began to regain their worlds. The victory at Fondor was especially important as it could be used to stage an attack on Yuuzhan?tar. Unfortunately new creatures created by the Vong were used to destroy Holonet transceivers, fragmenting the alliance communications.
    The Vong planned to destroy the galactic government with an assault on Mon Calamari. The alliance defended the planet, but at the same time attacked Coruscant. Luke and his Jedi had found Zonama Sekot and it appeared in orbit above Coruscant.
    Although the planet?s appearance fulfilled a Vong prophecy, they still fought on. Supreme Overlord Shimrra and the Shaper Onimi were defeated by Jacen, Jaina, and Luke. After Shimrra?s death most of the Vong surrendered.
    There were many calls for the extermination of the Yuuzhan Vong, but Luke put forward a plan proposed by Zonama Sekot. The planet was descended form the Vong homeworld, and wanted its children to come home. Afer the Vong were put on the planet it went into hyperspace, to a new home somewhere in the galaxy?s Unknown Regions.
    ?The war has cost some 365 trillion lives, but the galaxy has won a great victory ? all the greater because it has not had to destroy its enemy. The war has unified the peoples of the galaxy as never before, and a new period of peace and prosperity beckons.
    At this point, almost 30 years after the Battle of Yavin we end our record of galactic events. A new era has begun: we hope that it will be a peaceful one?.

20. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    The Pestage of the Rogue Squad comics looks like the hooded mystery men seen on Death Star 2 when Vady came to visit his master. Decipher cards have explained who they were, I believe.

21. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    >I think Pestage actually was a movie character that appeared in ESB but didn't make it to the final version. <

Yup.

TC

22. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    Cheers for the scan LAJ_Fett. The planet names may be pretty unreadable but I can compare that to the map that I got with issue 1

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You're welcome, TOD..

And we will have to wait one more day at least for me to verify if this week's is the index issue - my newsagent didn't get mine in this morning's magazine delivery. I will have to check in with him tomorrow.
    (If he doesn't get it tomorrow I will ask him to check with his supplier). If any other UK folks got this week's issue today please let us know what you got.

24. jangofett100

jangofett100 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    Anyone notice that they never finished the Rogue Squadron entry in battles? Brilliant!

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, I got this week's issue (a day late) and it is indeed the index issue and the end.
    To quote the message on the inside front cover:
    "THANKS.
    The FactFile has come to an end. You now have in your possession the most comprehensive set of records of the Star Wars universe in existence. Many people have contributed their talent and in-depth knowledge to this project, and we would like to take the opportunity to thank all of them for their work. Most of all, thanks to you, the reader, for your committment to the series and for making this groundbreaking publication such a success.
    May the Force be with you!
    The Fact File team"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.