main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Fact Files are Awesome!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    So how complete was it, Fett? Anything off the top of your head you can't recall it covering (aside from really, really new stuff from the Clone Wars comics)

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Only thing that comes to mind immediately were some of the events of the Young Boba Fett books. His time on Raxus Prime with Dooku was accounted for but not the later events. However, I believe the lead time on the writing would account for that omission. I would really have to go back and look through them. I do believe that quite a bit of the recent EU content was not addressed. Certainly events up to the end of the NJO were in there, and up to Tales #18 as a bit of
    Revenant made it in there. (Fett coming up with an army and some of the training taking place on Raxus Prime). Nothing that would be a spoiler for III was in there - probably due either to that area being off-limits or lead time. Toward the end they addressed a lot of minor characters, but as I found in the thread on these on Rebelscum, our entries from issues 121-140 were entries that the German FactFiles had already done. Their issues were always an entry or two longer than ours and they ended at issue #121 (index issue).

3. Cosmin-Coral

Cosmin-Coral Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2001
    Wraith Squadron are still missing I believe.
    At least, I don't remember ever seeing them, and they're not in the (impressively comprehensive looking) index.

As regards the index, I was dissapointed that it didn't include a chronological listing for battles & events - I still don't have a clue which way round some things go, particularly the -20 stuff.

4. russelguppy

russelguppy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    I used to do a comparison with the Japanese Fact Files see here for a site that gives loads of SW stuff from Japan, it looks like they finished at issue 121, I'll have a look through it later and compare to our index and see if they got anything we didn't in the UK, I doubt they did but I'll have a look anyway.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    They might have been getting the same issue content as the Germans, who also finished at 121. When we went beyond 121 I was posting our extra entry titles on Rebelscum and one of the German FactFile owners said those were all entries they had already seen.

6. Embra

Embra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2001
    :)

http://www.deagostini.co.uk/starwarsbattlegames/

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Hmmm... that's an interesting take on the WotC Star Wars Miniatures game. To bad they probably will not do that here in the US.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    My Visa card is cursing your name, Embra...first DVDs, then soundtrack CDs, and now this. Expensive this week has been, and it isn't over yet! I have been collecting the Miniatures so these look pretty good.

(Yes, I subscribed. In 28 days or so maybe I can start the 'Star Wars Battle Games are Awesome!' thread).

One thing the site didn't say - will there be FactFile-type articles as well? And are you involved with this effort also?

9. Embra

Apr 19, 2001
    You'll have to start a whole new thread now, Fett... ;)

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I was rather leery of subscribing as I wasn't too impressed with their service on FactFile backorders, but I will give them a chance.
    And my Visa card has yet to get the shock of the Battlefront game when it comes out on Friday..

Edit - I posted the link over in the Miniatures thread on the Collecting Board as well. Do you know if these will be available in the US eventually?

11. DARTHJOSHSAN

DARTHJOSHSAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2004
    Hey guys,
    Anyone got the whole set yet? I remember last time someone was up to 138, surely you must have the whole set by now.
    If you do how do you arange them, like: what sections go in what folders?

Cheers

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I have the whole set - they go to 140 on the 'entry' issues and #141 is the index issue. I have just kept mine in issue order for now. The first binder came with some dividers for the different sections. I'm not at home at the moment to answer the 'what sections go where' question. I will take a look later if no one else has posted an answer.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    OK - I am now home with my set. I have 7 binders of FactFiles. Six dividers came with binder #1 - Battles & Events, Characters, Planets & Locations, Droids, Weapons & Technology, and Vehicles. On each divider is a logo that corresponds to the logo at the top right corner of each FF entry. There's also a Section Title next to the logo on each FF entry. Now, I think if I decide to tear my issues apart and file them in categories I would probably do the Battles chronologically and all others alphabetically within their categories. I would probably leave the index issue intact. As far as spreading the categories across binders, that would depend on how large each was. However, for now I think I am going to leave mine as they are.

14. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    You got an entry on the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid?

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Good news - there is an entry on that.

Bad news - the index doesn't give what issue it is in. If you want to go back and find the issue number I can take a look for you. However, it will be a few days before I can put anything up on it as I will be away tomorrow and Wednesday.

16. james_hewlett

james_hewlett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2004
    Ok, i havn't followed the thread so i'm sorry if this has been said before. I live in the UK and have subscribed since issue 1. From the way you guys have been speaking it sounds as issue 141 was your index issue, did you also get an index at issue 121? Because my issues always seem to take a long time to show, and im up to 120 and the preview is showing 121 as being an index issue. If thats all i'll be getting i'm gunna be bummed because i didnt get any of the entries that seem to have been in issues 122-140. I didnt get the german versions, because they got all of the entries in other issues, i hope that the 141 index is just a top up of the 121 index and that i'm not being screwed over. Any help on this matter would be greatly apreciated.
    Thanx guys.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    In the UK issue #121 was a normal issue. In fact, in a later issue there was an apology to UK readers because the index ad for 121 was actually in error.

18. james_hewlett

Mar 19, 2004
    Ahhh thank you. *sigh of relief* I think it's amazing how behind I am though. The delieveries always get here after my payment is due back. Oh well, at least I have something to look forward to. I am kinda glad it has ended as well, Better than it becoming really bad with pointless entries and going on forever. I'm still missing 4 issues that never showed though, 78, 79, 80 and 105. I geuss I'll just keep presuring them till they show.

19. Cosmin-Coral

Cosmin-Coral Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2001
    DON'T presume.
    Ring De'Agostini immediately, then again at monthly (or less) intervals until they arrive. You won't get them otherwise.
    I've not got anything similar to compare them to, but De'Agostini's customer mis-servive has not impressed me at all.

I didn't see the apology. Was that just to subscribers, not those who use a newsagents? Or did I just miss it?

20. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    Fett, could you look at #102 and see who manufactures the CLE and INS window droids Is it CG?

21. james_hewlett

Mar 19, 2004
    Cosmin, I do, I call after every delivery, and send a letter after ever four. Another reason I'm kinda glad they're ending, I don't have to put up with DeAgostini anymore, unless i get lured into the Star Wars Battle Game thing. Ohh the temptations.

Woo, just ordered my badge for Celebration III

22. ____Big_Yoda____

____Big_Yoda____ Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2003
    I've got the complete set of all 141 issues and I have broke mine up into the categories.

Binder 1: Battles and Events (in chronological order)
    Binder 2: Characters (Force Users)
    Binder 3: Characters (From after 31BBY - 29ABY)
    Binder 4: Characters (All 32BBY (Ep1 characters)) and Planets and Locations
    Binder 5: Droids & Weapons and Technology (in chronological Order)
    Binder 6: Vehicles and Ships (in chronological order & The front covers
    Binder 7: Index

Thats how i've split mine up. Binder 2 is for the Jedi and the Sith (and their closest friends and family e.g. Chewie, Han, Lando, Talon Karrde, Booster & Mirax Terrik) from all the ages but in the folder they are in chronological order. Binder 3 is for the characters before and after Episode 1 (coz of space) so Binder 4 has the Episode 1 characters in and then the planets.

I'm thinking of changing all categories (apart from Battles and Events) to alphabetical order to fit in with the Index.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, a couple of queries to catch up on (I have been away the last couple of days on business so I haven't been online):

Senator - no manufacturer was given for those droids. The entry said that there were hundreds of different models of installer and cleaner droids and that the original designer is unknown.

Cosmin-Coral - the apology is in issue #130, on the same page as the issue contents. It is in quite small print underneath the publishing credits and reads:
    "Apologies from the Publisher
    Issue 120 of Star Wars advertised that an index would be coming at issue 121. Unfortunately due to production problems the index will not now be available until later in the series".

24. Embra

Apr 19, 2001
    Just in case you haven't got your subscription yet, Fett, here's a review of what's coming:

http://www.bejedi.com/

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks, Embra - I put my subscription in and got the confirmation letter this week. Looks nice!

Edit - I put the link over in the Miniatures thread on Collecting also - we have been talking about the new magazine over there as well. Much disappointment that it won't be available in the US, however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.