main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars fact files in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Issues 22-25 arrived in the mail this morning.

Still no sign of issue 21.

I'm wondering if I should ring up and ask about it.

2. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Yeah where is issue 21??? it stated "To Follow" and it hasn't followed....
    Go on Kitt give them a ring and sort them out..

3. purplebabbit

purplebabbit Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    I got issue 21, but I'm still waiting on 17-20. They never sent them for some reason. I had to phone up a few times, but apparently it's now on it's way.

4. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I gave them a call when I managed to wake up this morning. They said issue 21 should have been in the issue 22-25 pack, but they're sending me out one.

5. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    guess I better ring them then, lots of EU and ep2 stuff in the latest 4

6. DOUBLEFRITZ

DOUBLEFRITZ Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    Hello,
    I'm not gloating,but I thought I'd tell you guys that I won the Boba Fett pewter statue from the Star Wars fact file.
    I stayed subsribed all along,a good publication.Later.

7. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Issue 21 arrived for me on Thursday, and this morning (sat) I got issues 26-29.

I'm starting to get frustrated with their erratic methods of credit card charging. My statement indicated that two transactions from netlink went through on feb 20th, get none of the invoices match that date, so I have no idea which issues those charges relate too.

I'm also wondering if we're going to get dividers for the new folder, as well.

8. purplebabbit

Aug 9, 2002
    I received issues 29-32 today, but I still haven't got 17-21 yet. On the last credit card statement, for my brother and I there were 6 different charges over 4 weeks. It seems I have to make yet another phone call.... :mad:
    No wonder my brother cancelled his subscription.

9. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    I couldn't help noticing you guys are having trouble with NetLink Subscriptions.

I used to subscribe to the "Star Trek Fact Files" [ducks_for_cover].

They were really good at taking money from my credit card every fortnight without sending issues for as long as 3-4 weeks at a streach. When questioned about this (on numerous occaisions) their responce was usually "not receiving shipments from the distributor in the UK". Bull-pukky to them I say.

I cancelled my subsrciption after they kept "shifting the goalposts" every month or so by extenting the number of issues to complete the set(from 200 to 234 to 307).

I basically realised it wasn't worth the headache and canned it.

When I saw the SWFF's were going to be available in NZ I said "WOOHOO!!" but when I saw who was distributing them I said "@#$$!!!". :mad: :(

10. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    Have just got of the phone from netlink and have been told issue 21 is still on backorder might pop accross the road to the newsagents and put it on order there and cancel my subscription. also my credit card wasn't billed for 2 months and now I appear to have been billed for issues I haven't recieved.

11. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I just e-mailed them to cancel my sub.

12. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    I sense a revolt.......

NetLink = [face_devil]

13. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Just like purplebabbit i too have an up to date fact file collection including this mysterious number 21...don't know where everyone elses are though.

14. purplebabbit

Aug 9, 2002
    I sent NetLink an e-mail today, chasing them up about my missing 17-20 issues. They replied saying that they're on their way. I also changed my payment method from credit card, to cheque, so I can keep track of payments.

"...Many of my friends are experiencing similar problems, and have cancelled their subscriptions. I hope I do not have to do the same..."

I think I may have finally gotten through to them.

15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Just buy themn at the shops. ;)

16. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Yep, what JP said.

Or do what I do; find someone you know who has them and casually "borrow" them.

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Actually, that's what I've done. I have all SFL's at home.

Hey, Mark, can I put them in the binders? It's hard to find what I'm looking for with them all in their shop-state?

18. purplebabbit

Aug 9, 2002
    A week after my e-mail, I finally got my issues 17-20. My free gifts are apparently on their way too, but minus the mousepad (no more in stock). I would have cancelled my sub after all this fuss, but the stores around here don't seem to get them anymore.

The way I sort them out, is I put 3 sections in one folder, and 3 in the other, so each section is complete, and you only need one set of dividers.

Oh, on trademe someone is listing a pewter Boba Fett statue, exactly like the one you could win from the fact files. Bit out of my price range.

19. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    yep, thats how i do it. 3 sections per folder.
    All mine are organised alphabetically, except for the Battles and Events, which are organises Chronologically.

Havent heard back from them since i emailed about cancelling my sub, man theyre slack.

the Fett statue would be nice, but the price is definitely up there.

20. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Good tip about the dividers .. must do that. I've seen the newest fact file issues in Borders and Whitcoulls ... nice picture of Luke on the front.

Oh, on trademe someone is listing a pewter Boba Fett statue, exactly like the one you could win from the fact files. Bit out of my price range.

That would be DOUBLEFRITZ

He mentioned up there ^ that he won it.

I doubt anyone in New Zealand has that kind of money to spare on Star Wars collectibles ... might have some luck on ebay, though. But then there's the shipping costs.

21. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    Isuue 21 has finally arrived!!

22. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    > I doubt anyone in New Zealand has that kind of money to spare on Star Wars collectibles

Never underestimate how much money people are willing to spend on SW related crap/collectibles (delete as appropriate.)

23. purplebabbit

Aug 9, 2002
    Issues 33-36 arrived today. And last week I finally got my free gifts, after several months of waiting... ah well, at least I finally got it all sorted

24. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    I just finished putting the last 3 months worth of mags in the binders, waxy tapey stuff everywhere!! does anyone else have issues with the way the binding adhesive seems to get stuck real bad on some pages?

25. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I've yet to recieve issues 20 -36, the fact that I pay by money order may have somehting to do with it, but u pay when u receive, & I aint received yet.

GOt my gifts too. Is it just me or does coffee taste better out of a Star Wars Mug.

Oh, & how cool is the SW t-shirt, its so 'retro'

BTW, is anyone here taking Media Analysis 204 @ Auckland Uni?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.