main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars fact files in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I'm doing FTVMS 204.

I got sent 2 issues of #21, but got 29-33 okay.

In issue 33, under the Royal Guards, there's an extremely rare pic of Commander Jerjerod being poked with a guard's force pike. There's debate about whether it represents an actual ROTJ cut scene, or just the actors playing around on set.

2. purplebabbit

purplebabbit Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    That scene is mentioned in the ROTJ anniversary article in SW insider - 100 quotes, secrets, lost scenes, bloopers and other fun facts about Episode VI: '#7 Shock The Moffy', but it doesn't have the right picture. Seems strange, they have pictures for all the other cut scenes...

The binding for the Fact files is shocking, I've nearly ripped a few trying to get that stuff off.

3. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Yea, I've given up trying to get it off, when it's stuck on good and tight.

Talking about Media Analysis 204, there was a guy in my workshop today, wearing the star wars t-shirt that came with the fact files. It actually fit him, too .. mine I had to relegate to using as a nightie.

4. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Damolay coffee definitely tastes better in a star wars mug especially if ya drink it thru yer wookie "crazy straw" ;)

Kitt my t shirt fits fine but my wife refuses to take me anywhere while I'm wearing it :(

and don't get me started on that &*^% they use to stick the fact files together!!!

5. purplebabbit

Aug 9, 2002
    Issues 37 - 40 arrived today, #40 comes with another free binder, now I've got to sit down and sort two topics each to a folder...

6. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
  7. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    havent heard from them in a while, and havent recieved any new issues, so i guess mines been cancelled.

now i'll just pick them up when i see them in stores, and only if i like whats in them :)

8. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    The fact files were originally released in the UK, and it says on their website that there are 75 issues planned.

Now I see #79 has just come out in the UK.

I guess it's kind of like survivor ... they'll keep publishing as long as people keep buying, so to get them all, you have to hang on longer than everyone else.

I really should quit getting these.

9. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    some info from SWNZ for those still recieving the Fact files:

The distributors of the Official Fact Files in NZ are out of stock of issues 22 and 25 and just stopped supplying anyone they couldn't give 22 to. So they have stocks of every other one there and still expect to get 22 and 25 topped up.

If you are one of the ones who has been left behind, get in quick and ring Netlink Subscriptions on (09) 308-2871 you can get a great big pile of them. (Don't ask why they couldn't contact customers to let them know...they don't have an answer). Issue 21 went out in January.

Trivia: did you know that they get in 3,000 copies of the Star Wars Fact Files for New Zealand and 7,000 to 8,000 copies of Sabrina's Secrets?

10. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    Sabrinas secrets???!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo........

11. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    don't deny it... you're a closet fan. :D

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Me too. I [face_love] closets!

[image=http://www.threegfarms.com/tack.closet.jpg]

13. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    yes yes I also like buffy, dental surgery without anaesthetic, and removing things wrapped around lawn mower blade while the lawnmower is running.......

14. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Closets are great. You can put things in them. :)

15. Robo

Robo Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2003
    I just got my big pile of 20-odd. Then a couple of days later I got 41-44 (I think) in a bundle. So haven't quite caught up yet, but made a big start.

16. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    issues 46-49 arrived on my desk this morning, lunchtime reading Yay!!

17. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Yea, I liked the stuff about the Executor :)

I think I'm going to quit now, 49 issues is enough. They're already taking up three folders, and I don't really have the shelf space.
    Plus, I hate the way they charge your credit card some weeks before you get the issues.

18. Robo

Robo Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2003
    Do they do that too? Scum. They are just about the most shocking company I have ever dealt with. Our credit card expired on Sabrina's Secrets (for my daughter, honest) and they just stopped sending them. The request for a new card was on the cover page but that gets shredded as soon as my daughter gets hold of the package so we had no idea. Their answer : we have lots of customers (same as the excuse about the missing Fact Files).

CoolCollectibles charge you card three weeks before the post product, and that is pretty naughty.

19. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Yea, I agree with you Robo, this is the worse company to deal with.

I canceled my subscription on Thursday, and today when I look up my credit card balance, I find they've charged me for another four issues on ... that's right, Thursday.

What's the bet I never get those four issues, and they claim 'but you canceled your subscription!'

20. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    That's poor. but you have proof that they charged you - so you have that on them. Surely they'll refund you or give you the "unwanted" issues.

21. Robo

Robo Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2003
    I would be almost certain you can get that credited if you talk to the credit card company. Talking to them is a bit like blowing up a balloon with a hole in it.
    robo.

22. purplebabbit

Aug 9, 2002
    I got sick of not being able to match up credit card charges with issues, so I changed to paying via cheque. Means I only pay for what I get, but they only give you 4 days to get it to them! (really annoyed at the postal service, my last lot were on the ground in front of the letterbox in the mud! Just glad they were in a bag...)

23. Robo

Robo Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2003
    Where are people at with their Fact Files? After getting a huge catch up pile I have suspicions that I have disappeared again.
    robo.

24. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    The last bundle I got ended with #49.

They do send them very erratically.

25. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    The Saga Continues... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.