1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:NZ Star Wars fact files in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Mum called and subscribed the mag for me. Starting with issue 2 going to issue 9. The T-shirt comes with the first issue and the mug comes later mum said.

:D
  2. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Yep, the free gifts are ...
    • Free Star Wars Fact File mouse mat - only if you subscribed within the "first 10 days".

• Free Star Wars 25th Anniversary cap with your first delivery (two issues and the binder).

• Free Star Wars 25th Anniversary coffee/tea mug with your second delivery (two issues and the section dividers).

• Free Star Wars 25th Anniversary T-shirt with your third delivery (four issues).

Then you get four issues every month until you reach 75 issues - or they shut down from lack of business, whichever comes first. :)
  3. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    Then you get four issues every month until you reach 75 issues - or they shut down from lack of business, whichever comes first.

[face_laugh] Somehow I think the shutting down would come first. And whether they would be able to give you a refund remains a question....so are the gifts really worth it? :)
  4. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

You won't get a refund since you only pay for the four issues they send out each month - not the whole 75 issues in one go, thank God! :)

They haven't been sent out the first free gift yet - but I can't say I'm particulary excited about any of them. The Mouse Mat is probably the best looking in the pictures. :)

BUT, there's also the competition for the Boba Fett staute (you don't have to subscribe to enter) which looks pretty good. It doesn't actually say how many times you can enter either - looks like I have to start the printer running overtime on envelopes again. :p
  5. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    Issue 2 is out today ... just got mine from Foodtown at the Glenfield Mall. The binder is quite nice and sturdy, and the mag itself was in a plastic bag, which was good 'cause it wasn't all dog-eared. Hope they all come in plastic from now one. They tend to fall apart fairly easy. i assume you're supposed to take them apart to put in the binders?

Oh, Buzz-Bumble ... the Boba Fett competition is only open to Australian residents, according to the form in the latest mag.

Lawrence
  6. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Nope, according to the subscription card that came with Issue 1, it's definitely an Auckland address you send the entries to and the Boba Fett statue is "worth over NZ$1,660".

Looking on the website, they're also running the same competition in the UK too. Perhaps they've got one statue for each country or we're being misled and there's only one statue worldwide.

Maybe we got the Australian Issue 2, or someone made a boo-boo and forgot to take out that page. :)
  7. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    saw the binder today in the uni bookstore and felt like getting it - even though mum's already subscribed! :p bought a hunting mag instead! :D
  8. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    well I have issue one sitting at home waiting for you!
  9. damolay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Can anyone in Auckland tell me where to get the 2nd issue in town? I went into Whitcoulls last week & again today, they dont have it.

10. dArTh_wenley Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    These magazines are very cool!

I found Issue 2 quite easily at my local bookstore. Strange it's not at Whitcoulls...
  11. dArTh_wenley Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just picked up Issue 3... Got some good stuff in it! :D
  12. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Us subscribers are still waiting for Issue 2 to arrive - that's what happens when they batch process the orders once a month. :(

At least we don't have to hunt around the shops for them. :)
  13. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    and we get free stuff!! called them today and issue 2 and 3 should arive in the next couple of days
  14. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

OK, so we'll actually get them Friday next week. ;)
  15. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    yes thanks to the wonders of NZ post!! If you get stuff from the states by airmail it only takes 4-7 days......
  16. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    I started my sub with issue 2, ( bought issue 1) I hope I still get my free stuff...
  17. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Yep, you do get your free stuff - I started with Issue 2 as well. :)

The mousemat is the only iffy one, since that relies on subscribing "within 10 days". The other stuff (mug, Tshirt and cap) comes with YOUR first, second, etc. shipment, not a specific issue.
  18. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

YIPPEE!!! :D

It's about 8:45am (Friday, 9 August) and I've just got my Issue 2, 3, binder and cap via the man in the Courier Post van. The whole lot was wrapped in scrap paper and fully sealed in plastic. :)

The attached letter (on the back of the invoice/statement) says that the mousemat has had "shipping delays" and "will be sent with a later dispatch". :(

19. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    yippie

can't wait until i get back home

yeah
  20. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw issue 2 with the binder at Borders, looking very good. Binder was huge! :D
  21. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

I'm trying to figure out if I've got a use for any more binders (perhaps the pages from the old Women's Weekly Star Wars comic series) - the quality binder itself is probably worth more than $7. :)
  22. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Aw, no sign of mine, unless the olds have hidden it ;)
  23. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

It will depend on how quick you were to subscribe - they batch process the dispatches, so they might send out one batch on Wednesday and another Friday, etc. It'll also depend on where you live in the Courier Post system - some places will take longer than others to get to.

Even the scrap Sony Style magazine/catalogue pages they used to wrap it in are quite interesting - full of Sony devices, gadgets and toys (eg. the Aibo robot dog). :)
  24. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Got mine this morning. I'm wondering if they're going to be sending us subject dividers, like they usually do with these fact file things. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

e: The cap is trendy :) I guess I'll be wearing it on the beach this summer.
  25. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

No need to wait - I can tell you right now. :)

The dividers come with subscriber's next delivery: Issue 4, Issue 5, the dividers and mug - and possibly the delayed mousemat (I'm guessing in about two weeks time). Those buying from the shops get the dividers free with Issue 4.

After that (about a month later), subscribers will get four issues and the free T-shirt, and then just four issues delivered once a month until you unsubscribe, reach Issue 75 or the company goes under ... or the world is hit by a large asteroid - whichever comes first.

:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.