main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars fact files in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I came hom to find a nice lil' package waiting.

Issue 2 & 3 and the binder and the cap.

:D

//can't wait for the subject dividers!//

:p ;)

Seriously though these fact files are realy great! They're quiet indepth and the EU stuff like the stuff on the Gamoorean's in issue 2 is cool!

2. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Gamoorean?!? ?[face_plain]

Is that the Cow Guard that was in Jabba's Palace in RotJ? :p

I like the Gamorrean Rebel Pilot too - he looks great. An obvoius candidate for the next Hasbro figure poll. :)

3. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    lol - "Piggy", the genetically modified Gamorrean X-Wing Pilot from the Waith Squadron!

ROAR!... errr OINK!

4. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Issue 4 out today, with the subject dividers. Now I have the binder and the dividers I may just buy subsequent ones if I'm interested in the particular issue.

Man, all the EU stuff in there really bugs me, grrrr. The whole thing with Admiral Ackbar. it's well 7 good to say that Mon Cal was only "discovered" during the Empire, but there are obviously Quarren Senators in the Senate in the PT. I wish the EU hadn't been comissioned until *after* the PT was finished ..... sigh.

5. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    now us subscribers have to wait another 2-3 weeks :(

oh well at least we get free stuff!!

6. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Yep, and we should still get issues (hopefully) long after most shops have given up. :)

7. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    I have to send my back as the folder was damaged

freepost ok and i should have a replacement today

cap is cool thou

bring on the binders and the t shirt i say

i agree with you Buzz the bookshops will lose interest after issue 10

8. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    my binder was also damaged looks as if someone got a bit keen with a stanley knife opening the case they came in.

just called the Deagostini hotline.... they are gonna send me a new one! yay 2 binders!!
    hey did anyone get a mouse pad??

Gamoorean's haha beef!!

9. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Same as mine Graal

I think my Brother was like that too

yeah waiting for them to send me a new one also

didn't they ask you to send you damaged one back?

10. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Hmmmm, I wouldn't mind another free binder ... maybe mine's damaged too. ;)

No mousemats yet, the letter that came on the back of the invoice/packing slip with the binder, etc. said it had been delayed and would be sent later.

11. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Saw issue 4 at Borders today, wanted to have a peek inside but it's all sealed up. :( Also spotted two Star Wras Insider with Yoda on the cover! :D :D :D I didn't know Borders have them. At $24.95 it's too costly for a mag though, even if it's all SW and little ads.

No new books as far as I can see. :) I think the girl working on ground floor and upper basement is starting to recognize me. 8-}

12. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

$24.95 - that's no too bad.

I have to pay $29.50 each month for my UK Macintosh computer magazine (MacFormat). :(

But, the UK Star Wars magazine is only $16.45 every two months (usually longer!).

13. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I have somewhat of a dilemma people.

Upon buying the first issue of the Fact-File, I thought that I wouldnt buy it anymore seeing as Episode II wasnt included, but......I read recently on the SWNZ website, that it will be after a certain number of issues, now I've left it too late & have missed out on issues 2(which includes the much needed binder) & Issue 3.

So, can anyone tell me where I can get my hands on these back issues? I've looked at Paper Plus, Whitcoulls & even went to Borders today but they only had this weeks issue(numero cuatro).

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated mis amigos.

Adios.

14. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    you could try phoning the distributor on 09 308 2871 and seeing if they have a back issue or two available

15. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    as of last night, Real Groovy Records still had issue 2 with the binders .....

16. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

You'll probably have extreme difficulty finding older issues in the shops, since they usually send them back to the distributor the following week (or two) for a credit against their account.

BUT, looking on the back of the first page of any issue you'll see ...
    NEW ZEALAND
    Subscriptions
    Back Issues These can be ordered from your newsagent. Alternatively telephone (09)308 3871, or write to: The Official Star Wars Fact File, Back Issues Department, Netlink Distribution Co, Private Bag 47-906, Ponsonby, Auckland. Please enclose payment of the cover price plus $1.50 per issue p&h. Binders Please telephone (09)308 2871.

Of course, these Fact Files won't include any Episode III information, but there MIGHT be a SMALL possibility that they'll produce an add-on set of issues after Episode III.

:)

17. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I went into the Whitcoulls in Milford (Auckland) on the way past at lunchtime - they still had about four copies of Issue 2 with the binder, but these were "hidden" next to the counter rather than with all the magazines. :)

18. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    was talking to guy at comic shop and he said that distrubutor is poos with back issues he says he can normally only get them a week after there released

19. jediknight35

jediknight35 Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2002
    Hey,just wondering if everyone has got their subscriptions yet,I sent mine off over two weeks ago.I rung them last week and they said they re waiting on the courier to deliver their post bag.I m not worried though,since alot of people have received theirs.How long did it take for your stuff to turn up?I started with issue 3 too.Any one found me a mint Acklay yet?Oh and when does a new Star wars game for Ps2 come out,I heard in August.

20. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

If you're starting with Issue 3, then you'll probably have to wait another week or two - they ship the first delivery as a two issue shipment, so you should get Issue 3 and Issue 4, then the next delivery would be Issue 5 and Issue 6, then you start the four issues a month deliveries.

There was an Acklay out at St Lukes Toyworld (Auckland) a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not sure if it was damaged or not. I have got a spare Acklay, but it's not a mint, mint box and it's pre-booked at the moment. :)

21. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Went into Real Groovy today, didnt even think of going there until i heard on the chatboards(which I had a look at in the HSB computer labs). Picked up not only the Issue 2 with the binder but also Issue 3(which was hdiing on the ground) & Issue 4 with the dividers. Big ups to Real Groovy cos they gave me a Real Groovy club discount aswell.

They have a special edition OT Soundtrack in this case behind the counter. I think its got the vinyl versions of the Original Soundtrack. Looks VERY collectible, & well, Its like at least $100 from what I could see.

I doubt many other ppl have it.

22. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Damo, you aren't supposed to come to the boards from the school computers. ;)

... I didn't know there are computer labs there :confused: Are they anywhere near HSB1?

I got my ESB coundtrack at Real Groovy (thanks Kitt! :D) at $15.95, also the TPM one too. I think there were about ten TPM cds there... looks like people didn't really like it. [face_plain]

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I have The Phantom Menace Limited Special Edition.

It's awesome - has the FULL movie's worth of tracks plus unreleased tracks!

24. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

> you aren't supposed to come to the boards from the school computers

We used to play NetTrek on the computers in one of the small engineering computer labs - and none of us were doing engineering. :D

25. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I've tried to play games on the uni computers at like 10pm (when no-one is really there)

But I only have 10MB of space, and the only game that works is one that's been e-mailed to almost every person at lincoln. It's an old Mario Bro's game that's only 64k and I can clock it (if you can call it clocking - you end by getting stuck with no where else to go.)

Uni sucks. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.