1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (21-23rd November) | Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:NZ Star Wars fact files in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    The HSB computer labs are just across the courtyard from HSB1, in the Arts department.

I've got that 95 boxed soundtrack release. It contains 3 cds containing the original soundtracks, as released on vinyl. It also contains an extra CD with extra cues, some of which are exclusive to that boxed set. The CDs are nice ... decorated with the original pre-production art by Ralph McQuarrie, and it also comes with a booklet detailing the musical nuances of the score.

I have it, because it was the only way to get the complete soundtracks before the 97 re-release. I don't know if I'd recommend getting them now, apart from for collecting reasons, because the sound quality is not that good ... reflective of the transfer technology in the early nineties.

Real Groovy is a great store ... I only wish it wasn't such a walk from uni, or I'd be there all the time. I like to trade in my old videos as I upgrade them to DVDs.
  2. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    Real Groovy is a great store ... I only wish it wasn't such a walk from uni, or I'd be there all the time. I like to trade in my old videos as I upgrade them to DVDs.

Jeeze .... when I was a student, I used to have to walk 400 miles each way in the snow, and all Real groovy sold was sheet music etched on stone tablets.

Well, no .... but it's only a 5-10 minute walk from Aucland university. I know, I spent all my student loan money there from 1993-1998.

Lawrence
  3. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

> it's only a 5-10 minute walk from Aucland university

That depends on which way you go. Going through the "back streets" by the ATI / ATI / AUT / ??? you'd be right (especially if you "live" in the computer science / maths building, but it'd take a lot longer if you go down to Queen Street and walk up there. :)

> student loan money there from 1993-1998.

Five years?!?!? ?[face_plain]

Did you do some post-graduate stuff or part-time?

Or were you just v-e-r-y v-e-r-y s-l-o-w? :p
  4. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    shush its wabbit huntin season!

Be vewy vewy qwuiet.

(dont ask why but that just came to me when i saw "v-e-r-y v-e-r-y s-l-o-w".
  5. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    Five years?!?!?

Did you do some post-graduate stuff or part-time?

Five and a half actually ....

Half an Architecure degree from '93 to '95 before deciding that an architect was about the last thing in the world I wanted to be. (To quote Stephen Malkmus of Pavment, "Architects are like virgins with an itch they cannot scratch ... never build a building 'til you're 50, what's the use in that?")

Then 2 and half years doing an Arts degree in Philosophy and English Literature, from '96 to midway through '98.

And .... in '99, a Graduate Diploma in Multimedia at AUT. I have now been gainfully employed for three years.

So, no, not slow ... just undecided.

L

6. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm thankful I *am* decided and have been since about 5th form.

Now doing first year at Lincoln, and getting to know a guy up here who went to lincoln and did ecology (like me) has really fixed it in my mind that this *is* what I wanna do!

But this is getting way off topic, as per usualy in NZ.

PS: I'm going to Waitomo Caves (semi central Nth Is) to do Bat trapping and research this sunday till next Wednesday. :D
  7. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

I did a BSc Computer Science degree in the usual three years (including one stage 4 paper), but I don't actually use anything I learnt there - I've taught myself what I need to know as I needed it. :)

> PS: I'm going to Waitomo Caves

Ahh ... peace and quiet for a few days. ;)
  8. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    not until Sunday - so HA!
  9. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    wow our very own batman! (or batboy as the case may be!) :)
  10. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    RealGrrovy isn't just 5-10 minutes walk from uni for me. :( I think it's more like 15 minutes if I went from the general library, and probably a good half an hour from the Grafton campus. 8-} I hate having those stupid labs there. :mad:

Anyway, where were we? :)
  11. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I want my next issues of Fact Files and my 25th Anniversary SW Mug!

:D
  12. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    issue 5 in shops now. Well, in Glenfield Foodtwon, anyhoo ...

Lawrence
  13. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

"Foodtwon" - that's the exact same way I always seem to end up typing it. :D
  14. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    wheres my issue 2 and 3?? :(
  15. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

That'll depend on how quick you were to sign up. Those of us who subscribed the same week as Issue 1 appeared in the shops seem to have got our's just over a week ago, but they do batch process at the warehouse, so your copies may arrive soon - you can always call to check. :)
  16. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I hope to get my issues 4 & 5 before I leave for Blenhiem on Thursday.

If not with those and issues 6,7,8 & 9 - I'll have some readin' to do when I get home in October. :)
  17. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Just wait until the end and read all 75 issues in one go. :)
  18. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    nah, it's ok.

I'm gonna get mum to cancel my subby after I get the free stuff and just ask the *kind/nice* lady (not the horrible one) at the university book store to see if she can "put aside" one of each issue so I at least get a show at purchasing it. I saw 2 issue 2's in the store one day and the next they were gone. There must be other SW geeks at lincoln, not just Farm boys (thankfully :p)
  19. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    stoping after number4 cause i got my mites on a near complete metroplex and a complete galvatron and i have to pay them off and i delt witht he star trek ones and i donnt wanna go down that parth again
  20. Drake220 Jedi Padawan

21. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay! got my issues 2 and 3 finally, and a cap and mousemat.
  22. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Awww ... lucky sod got his mousemat. We're still waiting because it was too delayed to put in with our Issues 2 and 3. :(

That means it should come with our Issues 4 and 5 (and mug). :)
  23. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    I want my mouse pad too

Come to think of it still waiting for my replacement binder, they sent it to the wrong address last week

48 not 4a

but it still hasn't turned up and they don't know where it is
  24. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    I got mine and its in much better nick than my other one....

I sooo need a new mose pad at the moment and I broke my coffee mug this morning so I hope the goodies arrive soon!
  25. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

:eek:

You don't mean you actually use these Star Wars items do you!

These are priviledged items that should go on your shelf with the rest of your collection - after all, they only make a few billion of each. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.