main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars fact files in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    don't start with that one buzz :p I have managed to NOT open my aotc yoda a feat which amazes even myself :)

2. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

I don't mind opening stuff (95% of my collection is opened, although some are stored in their boxes), but actually using pouring staining coffee/tea into a mug or rubbing your grubby mouse/hand over the mousemat - no, NO, NO! :(

:p

3. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Issues 4 and 5, plus coffee mug and mouse mat arrived in the post this morning, for me.

The mug is really, really cheap so I wouldn't worry about using it. On mine, the logo is crooked on one side.
    The mousepat is nice, though, I'm using it now.

4. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

RATS!! That might have been the knock at the door this morning that I missed getting to quickly enough! :(

5. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    mine arrived yesterday Yay!! the mug is definitely El Cheapo!!

6. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Got mine Friday

But still has not received my replacement binder

7. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Mine's just arrived this morning, I haven't even opened it yet. :)

8. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I've opened it! :)

The dividers and issues are great as always. The cup is a bit ... err ... underwhelming. [face_plain]

The mousemat looks great, but it really round the wrong way to be a mousemat - it should be landscape/wide instead of portrait/tall, that way it matches your screen (most are wider than they are tall) and allows for easy mouse movement without constantly running out of mat.

Only one more freebie to go: the T-shirt. Can't say I'm that bothered about it, but may as well add it to my collection since it's free. :)

9. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    well I can confirm coffee tastes better from a star wars mug!

10. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

YUCK!! Coffee can't taste better from ANYTHING! :p

I've just been filing away the pages and I notice that Issue 5 has a few mis-cut/mis-aligned pages. Most aren't worth worrying about, just a slight bit of white page where the image should go right to the edge, but the Droideka page is so off-centre that the fold is in the wrong place and cuts off the section symbol in the top-right corner. :(

I can see that when we get to four issues a month that its going to take most of a day to separate and file them away - too busy reading the bits that catch my attention. :)

11. netlink

netlink Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2002
    Hi everyone,I m a, lets say employee of the distributors of the star wars fact file.I read that some of you are printing envelopes off printers for the bobba fett statue competition.I ve seen a lot of them too.New rule - ONLY HAND WRITTEN ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.ITS ONLY FAIR FOR EVERY ONE ELSE.Sorry but it has to be fair.Good bye.

12. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Hi netlink, welcome to our message board. Thanks for informing us about that new rule. There sure are some desperate Star Wars fans out there **looks in Buzz's direction ;)

Talking about spotting things, did anyone notice the quote marks around 'Uncle' Owen in one of the picture captions on the Luke Skywalker ANH entry? Someone call the society for the defense of Uncle Owen! :D

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I haven't even managed to get around to entering at all yet. :(

14. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I read that some of you are printing envelopes off printers for the bobba fett statue competition.I ve seen a lot of them too.New rule - ONLY HAND WRITTEN ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.ITS ONLY FAIR FOR EVERY ONE ELSE.

LAMO!!!! [face_laugh]

*looks in Buzz's direction*

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

15. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    i dont think u can change rules halfway through and i think its someone whos trying to reduce the amount of entrys so they have a greater chance of winning

16. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Hmmmm ... "I m a, lets say employee of the distributors".

You could be right. You either are or aren't an employee. You can't be a "lets say employee" - unless you're the boss. :) The writing style (all one line, missing capital letters, missing returns/spaces) seems a little unprofessional, but then that could be right if they ARE the boss - bosses never know how to do anything. :p

AND anyone and their dog can register as any name they like and say whatever they want. There's no way to know 100% for sure who they are.

Unless they reprint the subscription cards with the competition on it, there's no way this rule would even remotely reach anywhere near all the entrants. MAYBE if I see this "new rule" printed in the letter on the back of the packing slip with my next set of Issues I'll believe it - until then I'll wait and see. :)

PLUS SithForceLord's been quiet recently - maybe he's behind this hoax ... or is he still trying to change a flat tire on his road trip south. ;)

17. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Is it just me, or are we about due for another delivery of some more fact files? I can't wait to see how poorly the t-shirt fits me ;)

18. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    I was thinking the same thing, anyone know what issue they are up to in the shops?

19. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Oddly, I haven't actually seen ny in the shops for the last few weeks. The last one I bought was #9 (I think) - the one with Chewbacca on it. I checked a few shops last week and couldn't see issue 10, and haven't seen issue 11 either? Anyone seen these in Auckland anywhere?

Lawrence

20. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

We're now into the monthly deliveries, so the next set of issues (and the T-shirt) should arrive a month after your last set - which I think should be any time now, but it does also depend on when issues arrive in the country, and as many of us who get magazines from the bookshop every month can tell you, shipping can be notoriously late, especially around Christmas time. :(

21. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
    I have not seen any in the shops either... [face_plain]

10 should have been in shops a week ago and 11 this week... they said they hadn't arrived yet...

22. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Yea I haven't seen them in shops lately either. :confused: I thought they went down faster than expected! So is it like a monthly now, or is it still a weekly?

23. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Where's Mr. lets say employee of the distributors of the star wars fact file now that the big questions are being asked?

24. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    hiding from expectant star wars fans would be my guess

25. purplebabbit

purplebabbit Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    Still looking for issues 10 and 11 too... got the t-shirt a couple of days ago. I ordered the children's one, which is too loose on me, but it looks cool. The picture is bigger than I expected :)

*can't wait for the files to catch up to ep2*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.