main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars fact files in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I'm last in the system.

2. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

That's what you get for waiting a couple of days after the release before subscribing. ;)

3. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Had a nice present on my return

Fact files with T-Shirt and my replacement folder

4. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I have seen a non subscription version of #10 File 'Obi Wan'. Sum little kid had it, weird thing was it was out at Piha while waiting to get dinner at the RSA.

have to have a good look around Auckland town this avo.

Those crazy kids.

5. purplebabbit

purplebabbit Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    Yeah, I've seen the fact file #10, ep1 Obi Wan on the cover, on Friday - Whitcoulls New Lynn. Been a while coming... I think I'll have to subscribe, save all the bother of hunting for it every week

6. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

There's someone on TradeMe selling off issues 1-9 and their cap, mousemat and mug (possibly the same person who was selling the T-shirt last week). Probably someone trying to make a quick buck. [face_plain]

7. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I just saw Issue #11 at the Whitcoulls branch in Milford (Auckland) - they had about five of them. :)

8. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Just called the distributor people, next dispatch date should be about 20/10 and you can expect delivery sometime between then and the 31/10. issues 10 - 14 also asked about why they aren't appearing in shops and appears that if you want them you may have to order them (as previously mentioned here somewhere)

9. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I think we've got a problem (as someone mentioned earlier).

I was looking at the files last night and noticed that I've already got about 1/3 of the free binder filled, and we're only up to Issue #9. That means it'll be filled by about Issue #30 or so, but there are 75 issues in all, so that means we should have (or perhaps still can buy "back issues") buy an extra copy of Issue #2 and get another free binder or two. :(

Damn!! I knew I should of bought a couple from the shops when they were there. :(

10. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    I have heard and read in another post i think on the Oceania page that we will receive another binder with issue 20/21.

I hope so, mine also getting full too

11. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    When I called to report my first binder was damaged they sent me a new one and didn't ask me to send back the damaged one so I've already got a spare

12. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Yep, you're right farmboynz, Issue #20 possibly has a new binder with it. It's in this topic ... unless those Australians are playing a prank on us. :)

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I just got back to find my latest issues have arrived - isues #10, 11, 12 and 13. :) Issue #11 has a damaged cover where someone's removed a couple of price stickers (rejects from Australia??), but otherwise they all look fine.

I also saw Issue #13 with Qui-Gon Jinn on the cover at the Milford Whitchoulls while I was out.

14. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    Who let Buzz out again, call the police

Buzz have been roaming the streets without supervision

Somebody help us

Here's hoping mine are at home too

I kept my damaged folder also
    because they took to long to send out my replacement so i have 2 now yeah,

already have split the files between the two, now just have to read them so i can take part in SFL little game

15. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    ok. "My" issues also arrives (in good order). I say "my" because I didn't order them. This company is really "trusting". They say I owe $27 or something. I guess they'll keep shiping them to me.

//shruggs shoulders//

Cool.

I hope I can afford it though... hmmmm mum paid for the first 8 - and I payed her back - so they account will be under her name a credit card number. hehehe [face_devil]

16. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Errr ... if you got a bill saying you owe them $27, then the credit card they were using must have expired and won't be used any more. You're supposed to pay them for these issues and then they continue using the new credit card number / expiry date for future issues. :)

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Perhaps mum paid with a cheque. Either way - they're sending me free mags... for the moment :p :D

18. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
  19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    At first glace they are the same... but the small boxes that show you want's inside *are* infact different, thus making the Fact File different.

This, for the die-hard SW "geek" - may want to make them buy the different version, but for us SW "fans" (not geeks), we are left wondering "why?"

20. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

If the covers are anything to go by, then it's possible that the insides of the Japanese Fact Files are different because they contain English and Japanese text, which would obviously need more room.

It they only contain Japanese text, then it's a bit pointless buying them unless you can read Japanese. :)

I found this on the Usenet Newsgroups talking about when the next binder is shipped, it looks like we get two more, although I'm not sure if these are free or charged for ...
    One came with issue 20 and another with issue 40 (in the UK anyway).

:)

21. purplebabbit

Aug 9, 2002
    Can anyone help me? - I need issue 12! I was wondering if anyone has one spare or could get one for me - I would pay for postage and cost :)

22. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

The shops are up to about Issue #14, but looking on the back of any cover:
    NEW ZEALAND
    Subscriptions
    Back Issues
    These can be ordrered from your newsagent. Alternatively telephone (09) 308 2871, or write to: The Offcicial Star Wars Fact File, Back Issues Department, Netlink Distribution Co, Private Bag 47-906, Ponsonby, Auckland. Please enclose payment of the cover price plus $1.50 per issue p&h.

I've just noticed it also says:
    Binders
    Please telephone (09) 308 2871.
    but doesn't say anything about prices, etc. Oh well, I'll wait for issue 20 and see if there's another binder. :)

23. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    If the covers are anything to go by, then it's possible that the insides of the Japanese Fact Files are different because they contain English and Japanese text, which would obviously need more room.

Nope, it's all Japanese, or that's what the site site says there. It's not a Japanese site either. :)

24. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I just found out on the Usenet Newsgroups that the binders with Issue 20 and 40 are free - or at least they were in the UK distribution. Next question, are they free only for subscribers or for those buying from shops too? :)

25. purplebabbit

Aug 9, 2002
    thanks for the info on the back issues - I'm going to subscribe, but I'm trying to find a recent form that isn't a British one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.