main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Star Wars Fact Files

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, Feb 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Which really means we should be expecting the first 2 subscription issues to hit letterboxes from tomorrow to next friday at the latest.

2. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    I subscribed to SW fact files on tuesday :D

3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I can't wait to get more issues of the Fact Files :D

I also see that there is a new series called OO7 Spy Files or something all about James Bond. Looks cool but not good enough as Star Wars I'm afriad to say

4. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I got part three today .............. but I have not had time to read it yet.

About the 007 spy files, I got part one yesterday and in my opinion, they look like they are aiming for a 12-15 year old audience. The pictures are good but they don't really go into enough detail.

...and they have puzzles in the back !

5. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    In that case, as much as I am a fan of James Bond, I might give the 007 Spy Files a miss. The Star Wars Fact Files seem alot better quality, have more depth and are targeted at a older audience.

6. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    According to the letter I got sent from the SW Fact files distributors, subscribers could be waiting for anything up to another 3 weeks for the fact files.

By that stage they will be up to issue 5 in the stores and we will only be up to issue 3.

They just better be good!

7. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    With the Bond fact file things, I think it's all just this huge craze that is being shoved in our faces... I mean, I bet all the information you can get in the Fact Files you can find on the internet! The only thing worth it all would be things like posters from the Star Wars file and the "swap case" thingy from the Bond ad. I don't even like bond, but that case thing looks pretty funky... :)

Anyway, have you seen the teddy bear files? And the aromatherapy files? While I wouldn't mind getting both of them, I still think it's all this really weird craze...

That's my two cents worth... :)

8. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I collect the "real robots" series, but you can't download a robot from the internet :)

Aside from that, I don't see the point of a "definitive" SW magazine collection, that ends a year or 2 before the last movie comes out,

9. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I think that if the Star Wars Fact Files are popular enough they will continue on after Episode 3 which would be cool. I know issue 20 and after will include all the Episode 2 information as well as info from the other films that have been released.

10. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Cool! I only have issue 1 as yet, but I put an order thingy through my local newsagent so that they keep a copy aside for me. I've been too lazy to pick them up at the mo - maybe before the cricket tomorrow. I have to buy some chockies for the cricketers anyway (I need something to suck up to them if I want their shirts with this being the last game of the season!).

11. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I don't collect the Real Robots series but a friend does and I think they are very good, especially if you like watching the program, Robot Wars like I do.

12. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Sith Magician, how is your robot coming along? I wasn't sure if you were still collecting it...

Jedi_Daniel, they moved Robot Wars to 6am on a Saturday morning!!! It's a huge effort for me to get up and watch it, I'm so not impressed with the way TV is done these days! I mean, Soup and I were watching Saturday Disney and after an ad break it came back on for about 30 seconds and then went to another ad break! What was the point of coming back to the program at all!! (Maybe I should have put this in the bitching box, oh well...)

13. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I watch Robot Wars on FOXTEL. We get 4 episodes a week. We are in Season 4 now and it's on at 5.30pm which is a good time and no adverts. That's the best thing about FOXTEL is there are no product adverts. There are adverts about TV programs coming up but that's about it and they aren't as frequent as normal TV. SOmetimes you can watch part of a program for 20 minutes and not see an advert. It's just heaven.

14. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I think we're up to season 4 to. But we started on season 3, Australia isn't important enough to actually have it on from the start, and we are a season (or 2) behind... And unfortunately we don't have the money to get FOXTEL. Maybe one day.

15. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Ok peoples, start watching those letterboxes and doormats for a brown cardboard box approx 35x30x8 cms in size :) I subscribed the Tuesday(?) after issue 1 of the fact files was released and my first subscription release (issues 2&3) arrived today along with the cap and mouse mat :)

16. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I to got my first subscription today in the mail. I was so happy. Came with my Cap, MouseMat, Issues 2 and 3 and my Star Wars Binder.

17. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    i subscribed last week :( where 's mine

18. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Probably 4 weeks away...

19. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Soup hasn't recieved his yet either...

20. Rogue 11

Rogue 11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 1999
    I got mine yesterday. Very cool.

21. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Hmm, I didn't subsribe, so I don't get all those extras, but I'm not complaining. That reminds me to pick up my copies at the newsagants. I have mine put away for me every week so I don't miss a copy, but I've been too lazy to pick them up. Mind's been on the cricket....

22. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Did anyone recieve the competition form for the Pewter Boba Fett staure with their first subscription? I didn't recieve mine yet it said it would be shipped with the first subscription.

23. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    I got a note in mine saying there was a delay with the entry forms and they would be in the next mailout.

24. BoNgSaBrE

BoNgSaBrE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    You mean you actually have yours?!?

Mine better turn up early next week or I'll be really narked!!!

25. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    How long ago did you subscribe?? I sent my subscription in the monday/tuesday after the first issue came out, so it took about 3 1/2 weeks for it to arrive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.