Star Wars Fan Awards at I-CON 27 - 4/5/08

Discussion in 'Long Island, NY' started by StarFromIHJ, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ Jedi Master

star 4
    Docking Bay 516 and the I-CON science fiction convention are proud to announce the Star Wars Fan Awards. In order to make the awards a success, we feel it would be helpful for all the Star Wars fan clubs in the Northeast United States to participate.

We are looking for pictures for the following awards categories;
    - Best costume
    - Best Biggs Mustache
    - Favorite Star Wars Themed Dessert (Recipe Optional)

Please e-mail all submissions to ChapterRep@DB516.com or PM StarFromIHJ or TheBothanJedi . The deadline for submissions is Monday March 10, 2008. Please put "Star Wars Awards Sumbissions" as the subject line. After we have received submissions, we will create a poll for you to vote for your favorites. Details and a link to the poll will be posted soon.

If anyone is interested in attending, the awards will be held at I-CON 27 on Saturday, April 5th at 5 PM in Javits Hall Room 101 of the State University of New York at Stonybrook, Long Island.

EDIT: Changing date per request.
  2. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is the press release for the Fan Awards. Boy this is really looking like a lot of fun!

The 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards
    Docking Bay 516: The Long Island Star Wars Fan Club and the I-CON Science Fiction convention are proud to present The 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards on April 5, 2008 at the State University of New York at Stonybrook, Long Island.
    The show will present live entertainment, spoof films, appearances by some very special guests, and hosted by renowned Long Island DJ Ken Deep.
    The awards will range from categories such as 'Best fan costume', 'Best fan desert' to hotly debated categories like "Favorite professional Star Wars spoof" ('Family Guy's Blue Harvest' and 'The Robot Chicken Christmas special' are the top nominees). Expect to view some of this footage and we will finally settle that score.
    Other off-the-wall categories will include "Best Biggs Mustache" and "Best Star Wars Themed desert."
    AeroSith: The Star Wars Parody Band will perform as will standup comedian / impersonator Dennis Carter Jr. performing his one-man-act: "Star Wars characters bus trip." There will be some other special surprises.
    The show is expected to be a laugh a minute - this will not be a serious, traditional awards show. We promise you will be entertained.

The Awards will be held at I-CON 27 on Saturday, April 5th 2008 at 5 PM in Javits Hall Room 101 of the State University of New York at Stonybrook, Long Island.

3. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey guys, Plans are coming along great. This show is gonna be a lot of fun.
    AeroSith has written some funny bits which we are filming this week to be included in the show. See you all there. --Billy
  4. StarFromIHJ Jedi Master

star 4
  5. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey guys,
    Db516 runs alot of programs and events at I-CON each year. One of our returning popular ones is SciFi Family Feud.
    If you'd like to be part of the survey of categorys used at I-CON, Here it is SciFi Family Feud Survey.
    --Billy
  6. cyranodb Force Ghost

star 4
    Voted, took survey. Glad to help.
  7. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright Mike, Thanks a lot. --Billy
  8. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Is everybody ready for I-CON? We're finishing the last details of the Fan Awards this week, all the video is ready to go and AeroSith is completely rehearsed. It's gonna be a great convention. --Billy
  9. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    Billy, I am ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hopefully there will be no conflict
  10. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    Hey there is a TV ad on I-CON 27

YouTube - I-CON 27 Commercial (2008)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kc-pcrscVE
  11. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    WOW!! what a great weekend:D . the only down side is
    i am totally wiped out. I wish i didnt have to go to work tomorrow[face_tired]
    It was a great team effort by everyone. I will type more after some long over due sleep ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
  12. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    2008 STAR WARS FAN AWARDS RESULTS - April 5, 2008
    1. Best Northeast Fan Club submitted Star Wars Costume was Virginia Kid Leia (not present to accept)
    2. Favorite Star Wars-themed dessert ? Han Shot First Cake - Pittsburgh (accepted award in person)
    3. Best Northeast Fan Force Club website ? Washington DC Galactic Senate (accepted award in person)
    4. Favorite horned Star Wars character ? Darth Maul (accepted award the next day)
    5. Best The Force.net banner in the northeast ? Long Island Docking Bay 516 (accepted award in person)
    6. Favorite Star Wars Costume at I-CON - Christine as Mara Jade (accepted award in person)
    7. Most creative Northeast Fan Force club name ? Washington DC Galactic Senate (accepted award in person)
    8. Favorite Programming track at I-CON 27 presented to "Fun Stuff" Cindy, George, and John (accepted award in person)
    9. Favorite Professional Star Wars Spoof - Family Guy: Blue Harvest (accepted by Family guy writer Mike Henry impersonator)
    10. Favorite Star Wars Fan Organization ? Jedi Assembly (accepted award in person)
    11. Best Fan Film - "Death Star Cafeteria" by Thorn (not present to accept)
    12. Favorite Star Wars Clone - Boba Fett (accepted by Daniel Logan)
  13. cyranodb Force Ghost

star 4
    Congrats to all the winners.
  14. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Public thanks goes to our good buddy Mike from Mepa who donated a load of action figures that were used to make "The Fanny" Awards.
    --Billy
  15. Svenbarry Jedi Youngling

16. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Many thanks.

Oh and what a job Ken Deep did hosting the awards. --Billy
  17. StarFromIHJ Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Mike!

Thank you to everyone who attended. It'll be hard to top the awards next year!
  18. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    I must thank Ken Deep our MC. You were excellent!!!!!
    Nobody else could pulled that off like you did .
    Again I must thank Billy from pen to paper to live.
    You Rock!!!
  19. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm starting to go through the video of the show and Man, Kenny really exceled through this and had the crowd right there with him. We were lucky to get a pro to MC.

Rob like you suggested we'll do a viewing party of the Star Wars Fan Awards show video as soon as you get back. --Billy
  20. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
    video party [face_dancing] coming soon!!!!!!!!
  21. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Congratulations you guys! From all reports, everyone had a fantastic time!

~Doc_Bev
  22. Brian1544 Jedi Padawan

Thanks to all.

I b rought my young son on Saturday. He had a great time. Thanks again
  23. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks a million guys. It was so much fun for us. And the real kicker is all the nice comments about the event afterwards. So many people are saying we HAVE to do it next year again. Maybe we will. --Billy
  24. Moorglade Jedi Knight

star 2
    We have to wait a whole year? Blast. :mad:
  25. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    Triss, are you feeling better?
    That weekend took alot of me.[face_tired]
    I hate that i have go away for
    work for week(starting this sunday).:mad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.