main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY Star Wars Fan Awards at I-CON 27 - 4/5/08

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Docking Bay 516 and the I-CON science fiction convention are proud to announce the Star Wars Fan Awards. In order to make the awards a success, we feel it would be helpful for all the Star Wars fan clubs in the Northeast United States to participate.

We are looking for pictures for the following awards categories;
    - Best costume
    - Best Biggs Mustache
    - Favorite Star Wars Themed Dessert (Recipe Optional)

Please e-mail all submissions to ChapterRep@DB516.com or PM StarFromIHJ or TheBothanJedi . The deadline for submissions is Monday March 10, 2008. Please put "Star Wars Awards Sumbissions" as the subject line. After we have received submissions, we will create a poll for you to vote for your favorites. Details and a link to the poll will be posted soon.

If anyone is interested in attending, the awards will be held at I-CON 27 on Saturday, April 5th at 5 PM in Javits Hall Room 101 of the State University of New York at Stonybrook, Long Island.

2. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    The 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards
    Docking Bay 516: The Long Island Star Wars Fan Club and the I-CON Science Fiction convention are proud to present The 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards on April 5, 2008 at the State University of New York at Stonybrook, Long Island.
    The show will present live entertainment, spoof films, appearances by some very special guests, and hosted by renowned Long Island DJ Ken Deep.
    The awards will range from categories such as 'Best fan costume', 'Favorite Clone' to hotly debated categories like "Favorite professional Star Wars spoof" ('Family Guy's Blue Harvest' and 'The Robot Chicken Christmas special' are the top nominees). Expect to view some of this footage and we will finally settle that score.
    Other off-the-wall categories will include "Best Biggs Mustache" and "Best Star Wars Themed desert."
    AeroSith: The Star Wars Parody Band will perform, as will standup comedian / impersonator Dennis Carter Jr. performing his one-man-act: "Star Wars characters bus trip." There will be some other special surprises.
    The show is expected to be a laugh a minute - this will not be a serious, traditional awards show. We promise you will be entertained.

The Awards will be held at I-CON 27 on Saturday, April 5th at 5 PM in Javits Hall Room 101 of the State University of New York at Stonybrook, Long Island.

3. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
  4. celine

celine Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2007
    Hey, I was voting, and i just noticed a mistake.

In the reference photos for best costume, there's a little girl Leia kneeling before an R2 mailbox. However, She's NOT on the ballot that I see.

5. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Thanks Celine,
    Well have the webmaster correct it right away. Thanks for voting. --Billy

6. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    cool. thanks. let me know when it's corrected because i really wanted to vote for the little leia. :)

7. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Its fixed. :)

8. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Celine you got your wish. Its hard to beat the cuteness factor. Now we have to makes sure she gets her award. --Billy

2008 STAR WARS FAN AWARDS RESULTS - April 5, 2008
    1. Best Northeast Fan Club submitted Star Wars Costume was Virginia Kid Leia (not present to accept)
    2. Favorite Star Wars-themed dessert ? Han Shot First Cake - Pittsburgh (accepted award in person)
    3. Best Northeast Fan Force Club website ? Washington DC Galactic Senate (accepted award in person)
    4. Favorite horned Star Wars character ? Darth Maul (accepted award the next day)
    5. Best The Force.net banner in the northeast ? Long Island Docking Bay 516 (accepted award in person)
    6. Favorite Star Wars Costume at I-CON - Christine as Mara Jade (accepted award in person)
    7. Most creative Northeast Fan Force club name ? Washington DC Galactic Senate (accepted award in person)
    8. Favorite Programming track at I-CON 27 presented to "Fun Stuff" Cindy, George, and John (accepted award in person)
    9. Favorite Professional Star Wars Spoof - Family Guy: Blue Harvest (accepted by Family guy writer Mike Henry impersonator)
    10. Favorite Star Wars Fan Organization ? Jedi Assembly (accepted award in person)
    11. Best Fan Film - "Death Star Cafeteria" by Thorn (not present to accept)
    12. Favorite Star Wars Clone - Boba Fett (accepted by Daniel Logan)

9. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    Jeez, somehow I can't remember anyone as Mara Jade. I wonder if I accidentally skipped that question? Any idea where I can find a pic of Christine as my favorite gal? :)

10. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Oh Celine let me explain that. That category was Favorite Star Wars Costume at I-CON. Meaning we took photos of people in Star Wars costumes at the convention that day and gave the award to the best one. There was no online voting on that.
    There was a Vader at the con and also a bunch of Stormtroopers and a Boba Fett but Christina really did a great job making her own costume. We'll see if we can get a photo somewhere and post it. --Billy

11. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Here is a highlight video of the 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards at I-CON 27 now available on youTube.

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqlBP1__8uU
    Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6SgGEm9kA

--Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.