main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Star Wars Fan Awards at I-CON 27 - 4/5/08

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Docking Bay 516 and the I-CON science fiction convention are proud to announce the Star Wars Fan Awards. In order to make the awards a success, we feel it would be helpful for all the Star Wars fan clubs in the Northeast United States to participate.

We are looking for pictures for the following awards categories;
    - Best costume
    - Best Biggs Mustache
    - Favorite Star Wars Themed Dessert (Recipe Optional)

Please e-mail all submissions to ChapterRep@DB516.com or PM StarFromIHJ or TheBothanJedi . The deadline for submissions is Monday March 10, 2008. Please put "Star Wars Awards Sumbissions" as the subject line. After we have received submissions, we will create a poll for you to vote for your favorites. Details and a link to the poll will be posted soon.

If anyone is interested in attending, the awards will be held at I-CON 27 on Saturday, April 5th at 5 PM in Javits Hall Room 101 of the State University of New York at Stonybrook, Long Island.

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I sent a picture of my clone trooper cupcakes. If you have made one of the other deserts we have had, please submit it so we have a shot at that category, because the cupcakes aren't gonna cut it!

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    just so everyone know the Northeast Fanforceawards have been cancelled and LI is still filling this spot with their own Fan awards. So i appreciate your groups willingness to participate. =D=

4. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I sent in a bunch of pics of our SW cakes and us in costumes.

Although it is a sad thing that the NE Awards got cancelled, kinda makes you proud to know we hosted not one, but two, sucessful NE Awards :D. Pittsburgh rocks!

5. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    I'll admit it was a dissapointment, but we're moving foward on our own and have made great progress so far.

I appreciate all the submissions you have sent in. So far Pittsburgh has sent us the most submissions, and they are some of the most interesting and creative things that have been sent to us.

Thanks for all the help.

Pittsburgh rocks!

--Daniel, President Docking Bay 516 - FanForce Long Island

6. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    We're thinking of getting a road trip together to attend i-con.

anyone interested?

:cool:

7. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    The 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards
    Docking Bay 516: The Long Island Star Wars Fan Club and the I-CON Science Fiction convention are proud to present The 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards on April 5, 2008 at the State University of New York at Stonybrook, Long Island.
    The show will present live entertainment, spoof films, appearances by some very special guests, and hosted by renowned Long Island DJ Ken Deep.
    The awards will range from categories such as 'Best fan costume', 'Favorite Clone' to hotly debated categories like "Favorite professional Star Wars spoof" ('Family Guy's Blue Harvest' and 'The Robot Chicken Christmas special' are the top nominees). Expect to view some of this footage and we will finally settle that score.
    Other off-the-wall categories will include "Best Biggs Mustache" and "Best Star Wars Themed desert."
    AeroSith: The Star Wars Parody Band will perform, as will standup comedian / impersonator Dennis Carter Jr. performing his one-man-act: "Star Wars characters bus trip." There will be some other special surprises.
    The show is expected to be a laugh a minute - this will not be a serious, traditional awards show. We promise you will be entertained.

The Awards will be held at I-CON 27 on Saturday, April 5th at 5 PM in Javits Hall Room 101 of the State University of New York at Stonybrook, Long Island.

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Sounds like you have put together quite an evening.

9. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    *grin* I've got that Friday off and my tax return in the bank. Think it might be time for a little road trip.

10. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
  11. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Yeah hey if you guys come to I-CON, let us know in advance and we'll try and make your stay a comfortable one. We'll form a Long Island / Pittsburgh alliance.

Thanks for submitting the photo of the Clone Cupcakes. When it comes up on the big screen at the awards, everyone including me is gonna get mightly hungry. --Billy

12. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
  13. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    voted [face_mischief]

It looks like there will be 4-6 people from Pittsburgh coming for I-Con!! Can't wait!

14. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Us Long Islanders are lookign frowrd to meeting you. We'll be getting together for dinner on Friday night of the con. See ya then.
    Oh do you have your hotel reservations? --Billy

15. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    If you guys are having fun voting, here's another:
    Db516 runs alot of programs and events at I-CON each year. One of our returning popular ones is SciFi Family Feud.
    If you'd like to be part of the survey of categories used at I-CON, Here it is SciFi Family Feud Survey
    --Billy

16. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    When will you be arriving. Please stop by our table in the dealers room on Friday. Here is a map showing where our table is.

Friday night we are planning to go out to dinner. We will probably be going to the Applebees across from the Official Con Hotel around 11:00pm. You are all welcome to join us at dinner. :)

The address is:
    ISLIP
    3870 Veterans Memorial Highway
    Bohemia, NY 11716

Phone: 631.981.5090
    Fax: 631.981.4022

17. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    We are leaving here Friday morning and should be there by sometime in the early afternoon. Check in for our hotel is 3PM. I pm'ed my cell # to you.

18. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Cool, we'll look forward to meeting you. We have to check in to the hotel at 3 PM as well. Then some of us will be heading over to the Campus (15 minutes away)right away to set up our Fan club table in the dealers room - so that's where we can always be found through out the weekend.
    Some of our members will be running the Pirate Maru batz at 6 PM in SAC 302.
    But StarfromIHJ and JediKrelar can fill you in on any additional details.

The schedule for the whole con is now online at Iconsf.org
    This is gonna be a fun weekend.
    Make sure you have your Biggs mustaches grown out :)
    See ya --Billy

19. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
  20. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    We Won! For best SW themed dessert! (what a surprise) Cake that won was Tradmic's 'Han Shot First.'

The awards show was much fun. LI did a great job! I-Con was entertaining. Lots and lots of panels. Didn't get to even a fraction of the ones that I was interested in. dlocke won the loudest snore competition.

A very fun road trip :D

21. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    First off thankx for coming.=D=
    I'm glad you enjoyed everything.[face_dancing]
    It was great meeting you. I hope you
    plan on coming back next year.:D
    The next plan is to get some sleeep.[face_tired] ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

22. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Christine, Michelle, Andy, and Jason. You guys were so cool. We'll try and do this again some time hopefully in your city.

And Jason we never got to have that conversation on guitars. You always can get me hooked on talking 'bout that subject - Next time.

I seriously was hungry after looking at that "Han Shot first cake." Then we went to dinner and I DID look on the dessert menu, but sadly the "Han Shot First cake" wasnt there :(

--Billy

23. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    2008 STAR WARS FAN AWARDS RESULTS - April 5, 2008
    1. Best Northeast Fan Club submitted Star Wars Costume was Virginia Kid Leia (not present to accept)
    2. Favorite Star Wars-themed dessert ? Han Shot First Cake - Pittsburgh (accepted award in person)
    3. Best Northeast Fan Force Club website ? Washington DC Galactic Senate (accepted award in person)
    4. Favorite horned Star Wars character ? Darth Maul (accepted award the next day)
    5. Best The Force.net banner in the northeast ? Long Island Docking Bay 516 (accepted award in person)
    6. Favorite Star Wars Costume at I-CON - Christine as Mara Jade (accepted award in person)
    7. Most creative Northeast Fan Force club name ? Washington DC Galactic Senate (accepted award in person)
    8. Favorite Programming track at I-CON 27 presented to "Fun Stuff" Cindy, George, and John (accepted award in person)
    9. Favorite Professional Star Wars Spoof - Family Guy: Blue Harvest (accepted by Family guy writer Mike Henry impersonator)
    10. Favorite Star Wars Fan Organization ? Jedi Assembly (accepted award in person)
    11. Best Fan Film - "Death Star Cafeteria" by Thorn (not present to accept)
    12. Favorite Star Wars Clone - Boba Fett (accepted by Daniel Logan)

24. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    It was so nice meeting everyone. Next year if I get off I'll try to go to Pittsburgh Comic Con.

I hope you come next year. We'd love to see you again. :)

25. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey guys how wa the drive home? Did I hear you left in the early AM hours to make it by Sunday night? --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.