main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Star Wars Fan Awards at I-CON 27 - 4/5/08

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheBothanJedi, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    Docking Bay 516 and the I-CON science fiction convention are proud to announce the Star Wars Fan Awards. In order to make the awards a success, we feel it would be helpful for all the Star Wars fan clubs in the Northeast United States to participate.

We are looking for pictures for the following awards categories;
    - Best costume
    - Best Biggs Mustache
    - Favorite Star Wars Themed Dessert (Recipe Optional)

Please e-mail all submissions to ChapterRep@DB516.com or PM StarFromIHJ or TheBothanJedi . The deadline for submissions is Monday March 10, 2008. Please put "Star Wars Awards Sumbissions" as the subject line. After we have received submissions, we will create a poll for you to vote for your favorites. Details and a link to the poll will be posted soon.

If anyone is interested in attending, the awards will be held at I-CON 27 on Saturday, April 5th at 5 PM in Javits Hall Room 101 of the State University of New York at Stonybrook, Long Island.

2. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Is there any way to push back the deadline a litte? March 10 only gives 4 days to grow mustaches!:p

3. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    It can be a fake mustache or even a photoshopped picture. It's a joke award, so we're willing to accept almost any thing.

4. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    The 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards
    Docking Bay 516: The Long Island Star Wars Fan Club and the I-CON Science Fiction convention are proud to present The 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards on April 5, 2008 at the State University of New York at Stonybrook, Long Island.
    The show will present live entertainment, spoof films, appearances by some very special guests, and hosted by renowned Long Island DJ Ken Deep.
    The awards will range from categories such as 'Best fan costume', 'Favorite Clone' to hotly debated categories like "Favorite professional Star Wars spoof" ('Family Guy's Blue Harvest' and 'The Robot Chicken Christmas special' are the top nominees). Expect to view some of this footage and we will finally settle that score.
    Other off-the-wall categories will include "Best Biggs Mustache" and "Best Star Wars Themed desert."
    AeroSith: The Star Wars Parody Band will perform, as will standup comedian / impersonator Dennis Carter Jr. performing his one-man-act: "Star Wars characters bus trip." There will be some other special surprises.
    The show is expected to be a laugh a minute - this will not be a serious, traditional awards show. We promise you will be entertained.

The Awards will be held at I-CON 27 on Saturday, April 5th at 5 PM in Javits Hall Room 101 of the State University of New York at Stonybrook, Long Island.

5. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Is everybody growing those mustaches? DN516 is having alot of fun putting this thing together.
    Expect a link soon to vote for the award categories to be presented at the awards. --Billy

6. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
  7. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Voted!

Is there a way to prevent people from voting more than once?

~Doc_Bev

8. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hmmmn, We didnt think of that. I'll ask our web master.
    Maybe he deletes entrys from the same IP address??
    I would be pretty sure that people wouldnt pad the voting really. The awards are really all in fun.
    Anyone is eligible to vote, so If someone really wanted to win they could get all their friends to vote on their behalf. --Billy

9. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    If you really love these surveys, here's a fun one for ya
    Db516 runs alot of programs and events at I-CON each year. One of our returning popular ones is SciFi Family Feud.
    If you'd like to be part of the survey of categorys used at I-CON, Here it is SciFi Family Feud Survey
    --Billy

10. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    My votes are in. :D

Nice job with the categories.

11. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Wow, I really like what your group has done, I loved all the cake entries those were adorable.

Kudos to Long Island for pulling off the awards when put in a tight spot. Good luck to everyone!
    Take lots of pics! :)

12. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Thanks. Were having a ball putting this together. The show will be video taped so Im sure some of it will wind up on YouTube. --Billy

13. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    ICON has a TV ad on YOU TUBE

YouTube - I-CON 27 Commercial (2008)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kc-pcrscVE

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Hope this went well and that everyone had fun!

~Doc_Bev

15. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    We did indeed! It was alot of fun and the awards show was very, every entertaining. We Pittsburgh folks had a great time.

Nice work LI!

16. RnRJedi007

Oct 20, 2003
    OMG, the award show was great:D. I just got home. I'm ready
    to sleep for 2 days, but have to work tomorrow morning[face_tired]
    Thank you for all members of Pitt, DC, NYC for showing up.=D=
    Also a great big thank you for Daniel Logan showing up for his award.
    Plus I cant forget the great AEROSITH "The Church Of The Sith!!"
    I almost forgot to thank fellow Docking Bay 516 members,especially
    Billy.If I forgot anyone I'm sorry I'm half a sleep. Billy, as soon as the
    video is done for all of ICON we need to have a viewing party!!!!!!![face_dancing]
    I'll probably type more in day or two ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:oops:

17. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    It was an incredible amount of fun and a great gathering of fans and friends all enjoying celebrating the fun in Star Wars.

2008 STAR WARS FAN AWARDS RESULTS - April 5, 2008
    1. Best Northeast Fan Club submitted Star Wars Costume was Virginia Kid Leia (not present to accept)
    2. Favorite Star Wars-themed dessert ? Han Shot First Cake - Pittsburgh (accepted award in person)
    3. Best Northeast Fan Force Club website ? Washington DC Galactic Senate (accepted award in person)
    4. Favorite horned Star Wars character ? Darth Maul (accepted award the next day)
    5. Best The Force.net banner in the northeast ? Long Island Docking Bay 516 (accepted award in person)
    6. Favorite Star Wars Costume at I-CON - Christine as Mara Jade (accepted award in person)
    7. Most creative Northeast Fan Force club name ? Washington DC Galactic Senate (accepted award in person)
    8. Favorite Programming track at I-CON 27 presented to "Fun Stuff" Cindy, George, and John (accepted award in person)
    9. Favorite Professional Star Wars Spoof - Family Guy: Blue Harvest (accepted by Family guy writer Mike Henry impersonator)
    10. Favorite Star Wars Fan Organization ? Jedi Assembly (accepted award in person)
    11. Best Fan Film - "Death Star Cafeteria" by Thorn (not present to accept)
    12. Favorite Star Wars Clone - Boba Fett (accepted by Daniel Logan)

18. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Thank you, DB516, for such a great time!!! (and I'm not just saying that because we won stuff either...)

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Awesome!

Does anyone have any pictures online?

~Doc_Bev

20. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    i was under the impression this was a fan awards not a fanforce awards, i noticed you gave out some fanforce awards?

sounds like everyone had a good time cant wait to see the pics online!

21. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    This was generally a Fan Awards show but we wanted to honor some of the clubs especially in the Northeast since we're a part of it and some people were looking forward to Fan Force being involved. We limited the categories to ones we had a decent amount of submissions for.

We had nearly a full room that had a capacity of 100 and it wound up not being about the awards but the entertainment value of it. We had Star Wars fans who didnt even know about Fan Force, come up to us later and rave about how much they laughed and were entertained - that was our goal. I'm sure some of them now will sign onto Fan Force.

It was a 90 minute program and no one left in the middle so we kept 'em glued to our seats! If it sounds like were bragging - it's because we are.
    All the members of Docking Bay 516 worked very hard and we are extermely proud of how it came out. I-CON was thrilled with the results.
    There is already a call out to do it next year. How are we going to top that?

And the support of our friends in Pittsburgh, Wash DC, Mepa NYC, NJ, and Philly made it all worthwhile. Thanks guys.

There will be a 5 minute highlight real of the Fan Awards on YouTube soon. I will post the link around when its ready. --Billy

22. Svenbarry

Svenbarry Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2008
    Congratulations to all of the winners at the fan force awards.

23. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Oh great spiritual advisor. . . thanks for coming to the awards. --Billy

24. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Thanks to everyone for coming! It was great! I'm glad it went so well.

I forgot to mention that we got video of the awards. We'll try to put some of it up as soon as possible.

25. RnRJedi007

Oct 20, 2003
    I must thank Ken Deep our MC. You were excellent!!!!!
    Nobody else could pulled that off like you did .
    Again I must thank Billy from pen to paper to live.
    You Rock!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.