main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Star Wars Fan Club membership kits

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by sw-starwarsfreakness, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Who has gotten the new Official Star Wars Fan Club membership kits yet? I subscribed for Star War insider again in December, and I still havn't gotten anything yet. Has anyone else experienced this problem as well?

2. Darth_Shaun

Darth_Shaun Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2002
    I actually just bought the latest Star Wars Insider so I could send away for a renewed membership.
    How much was it to sign up and did you get a free Mini-Tie? (not to be mistaken for a mini-version tie domi)

3. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    Cost about 39.99 I have no clue what I'd get in the kit. I'm still waiting for it :(

4. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well I joined in April and just got my first kit! The Fanclub changed publishers which really messed some stuff up.

I did not get the Mini Lego Tie - Not certain why not.

The Kit I got contained a Letter from Lucas, Some stickers, postcards, Bantha Tracks patch, a punch out stand up thing and some other letter from the club Prez.

5. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    When did you get your kit? It sounds great!

6. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    I got my kit last week. Jan 8 or 9 - or there abouts.

7. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    They're under new management(again) so things might be slow. Wait until the end of Jan and then contact them.

8. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Shmii,

You mean Paizo, right? or have they been sold again?

Sabrina

9. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    Paizo is the current owner. For the moment.

10. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    Yet again, I have got nothing. I am thinking of sending a complaint. I already had to deal with Sympatico today.

11. Sabrina001

Mar 12, 2002
    I keep thinking of subscribing...but then I look at what Id be getting for the money and I change my mind. I got burned when Wizard took over the mag and I guess I just dont want to get burned again.

Sabrina

12. ANH_25_Years

ANH_25_Years Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2003
    I'll be waiting a few more months before I subscribe. I want to make sure that I like the magazine first. I have a few issues, which are good, but I don't know if I want to get a subscription.

13. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    I don't mind the extra cash. Like the magazine, so I can't complain there. And if I wanted to buy a copy otherwise, it's expensive and kinda hard to find. It's easier, and less expensive. I think I may 'pull a duker' and call them up. This is getting out off hand. Been waiting to long.

14. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    guess you should,I renewed in time last november, but I was missing an insider in the end.do it, pull the ducker :D

15. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    a free Mini-Tie? (not to be mistaken for a mini-version tie domi)

Is it possible to have a smaller Tie Domi?

16. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    [face_plain] yes.. havn't bothered calling yet.

17. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    The only number I have is for Wizards of the Coast. Does anyone have the new number they can pass on to her? You should have heard by now. Has the check been cashed or gone through on your credit card? If so find out the date it went through before they call. They will probably need that information to make sure that you aren't just going to be sent the next issue.

If you don't want a subscription they are still available at Chapters. A lot of comic book store stopped carrying it after Episode I.

18. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    Could email Mary Franklin <starwars@paizopublishing.com>

She's who I spoke to about the missing membership

19. Sabrina001

Mar 12, 2002
    Just thought I would let everyone know that Paizo has posted an online survey about the Insider (and I guess to a lesser extent about the fan club because half these questions have nothing to do with magazines). Just about the only thing the survey is missing is a 'General Comments' box.

www.paizopublishing.com - you will find a link near the top of the right sidebar.

Sabrina

20. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    Agh! Gees! They desided that they wanted to start me on issue #66, when I was supposed to start with issue #65!
    The lady had such a thick Texas accient, it took me an hour to clear everything with her!
    Well at least I get it in at most 2 weeks time. Tottaly unprosfecinal (spelling) if you ask me!

21. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    yeah well it's that or nothing :(

has anyone filled the survey yet?

Is it anything like what they had to fill up at the Celebration?

22. Sabrina001

Mar 12, 2002
    Uilmuteiz,

I don't know what the survey was like from celebration since I didnt go, but its about 3 pages of questions about the insider and then about 21 pages or so where they try to figure out your buying habits. Overall it's a nice general survey although I would have thought they would have spent more time on questions about the magazine.

Sabrina

23. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    Well, I supposed. Yet I'm the type of impationt person, that wants her new magzine and toys... oops. I mean SW merch NOW! :(

24. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    21 pages? Your kidding right???

25. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    *looks at message above, which I had seemed to miss* 21 pages, well, isn't that along survey. Sounds more like an exam to me!

Question 176: In Jaba's palace what creature confronts Luke when he flls into 'the trap'

Not saying I'd mind a test like that, instead of a science test....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.