main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Star Wars Fan Day - swap meet & gaming fun ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -SANBAS-

-SANBAS- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    Bring them as I might be interested in them for trade as well as any other Starbles.

Does anyone have JediKnight II for the computer or other games that others may want to try out?

2. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

I have CCG stuff up to the Dagobah expansion. I might be interested in some things, but then again, I haven't touched them in about 4 years....

3. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Note to sanbas : Due to comments by Tragic I can only say "possibly", possibly meaning yes.

4. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Okay - just sent out a batch of PMs to all the people who have requested directions. If I was supposed to let you know how to get here and forgot - kindly prod me with something and I'll do it right away.

Looks like I better buy a lot of burgers...
    I don't believe I've had requests for vegetarian as of yet. Please let me know if you need it now so I can buy enough.

I should also mention that we have a cat. The house will be vaccumed beforehand and the cat will be safely tucked away during the party, but thosewith allergies, best to bring your medication along just in case.

5. Darth_Shaun

Darth_Shaun Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2002
    It all starts at 12 and goes till whenever??? Just wonderin....

6. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    No - not 12... two. two in the afternoon.

Come at 2.
    Burgers at 4-5.
    Movie at 7ish.

Come at 12 and you'll find me still asleep. As for how late - we'll be heading over to the movie at 7ish. From the AMC we can grab some food, maybe head to Tim Hortons for coffee and donuts. From there it lasts until the staff at Tims kick us out or everyone goes home.

7. Darth_Shaun

Darth_Shaun Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2002
    Thats good. I'll still be sleeping at 12. The lush side must recover from all hangovers by sleeping in as late as possible.

I may come but I will have to jet at like 4 or 5.

8. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    For you Darth_Surly, yeah, I'm thinking bubblegum type. Not sure what I have exactly, or what I need though - better brush up...

9. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Ok, I haven't been to swap meet before and i'm just wondering how it actually works.
    Do we put our stuff out like in some flea market and we just walk around and barter?

Just want to know how this is gunna work since I feel there will be a lot people with A LOT of stuff. I don't even know how big Tragic's place is as this can get really confusing and messy.

10. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I haven't been to a swap meet before, either. I, too, am wondering how it works. ;)

11. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Uh oh...I'm not liking what I'm hearing. Only because I work until 5.45 that day (switched to the early shift, just for this), and I can't possibly make it to the swap until later...like...around 8-ish maybe? Depending if I can get a ride there or not!! Sigh...

If anyone is going later (evening-ish, around my time maybe?) can I hitch a ride? Or something??? Bueller???

PS. I need directions too...just in case...

12. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Hmm a little off topic, but i know i have some non star wars stuff i was thinking of bringing...but i'm not sure if anyone will want it. Perhaps people shold start posting some preferences in terms of non sw items, just in case we all have lying around some weird power puff girls collectibles or some other thing people are secretly collecting (no i don't have any power puff girl stuff)

13. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    What a bummer, Lynora and I are going to be at my folks and are then going to my buddys
    40th bday party. I will check in with you folks when I am heading back west...

14. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    ok i got the night off after all, just dont know how im getting there and i will be tired after working to 8am the night before if anyone can grab me when they head out that will be cool, pm me if ya can and ill get back to ya with directions and stuff

15. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    Elewyn,

Go ahead and bring other stuff. I intend to bring other stuff as well like GiJoe vehicles and maybe some other toys as well that have nothing to do with Star Wars.

As for Power Puff girls, if you have the talking Bubbles plush toy...I'll trade with ya! Hee...honest....I want one.

16. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    Argh! GI Joe stuff - Not fair...What kind of GIJ stuff do you have DB? (I'm a big collector of 80's figures - GIJ & TF..)

17. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm thinking the best place to set everyone up for the swap meet would be in our living room and dining room. I'm going to dig in the basement for some smaller tables where people can place their more fragile items on. We'll have the gaming take place in the Star Wars room in our basement.

I've never run or taken part in a swap meet before, so I'm kind of playing this by ear. I figure easiest way to do it is if we start with one person putting an item out on the table. Everyone then places on the table what they're willing to trade for that item and the person can either accept one of the offers or reject it all. If they reject it all, everyone has a chance to sweeten the deal. If no one wants to sweeten or none of the offers are accepted, then we move on to the next person and one of their items. We then move to the next person and continue around the table until no one has any items to trade left.

The idea is to shift everything into the hands of the person who would enjoy it most. And going from person to person to person insures the largest number of traders stay in the trading pool for the full duration.

As the gamers played on the sidewalk, I figure you won't mind the scrap of carpet we have in our basement? There likely won't be room in our place for a game of Queen's Gambit, but that's okay. More than enough going on with Epic Duels and the other things we have on the go. As previously mentioned, I've got the PS2 for gaming (I own Starfighter and will see about renting the Pod Racer game and Jedi Starfighter). If anyone wants to bring a console to hook up to the TV, you're welcome. I'm afraid the PCs will be off limits though as the upstairs is where our cat will be sequestered and we don't want that little devil sneaking away.

If you plan on ariving in the evening, please head directly for the AMC at Winston Churchill. We're going to begin ferrying people over at around 7ish. As soon as I can confirm what time the digital showing of AotC is, I'll post it here. And do realize that no one is holding a gun to your head regarding seeing Clones again. If you're all Star Wars'd out, there are dozens of other films to choose from. We can re-hook up after the film.

18. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002
    *Kat talks to herself - Move along!*

Sooooo...if I come later (evening)...I arrive in time for the movie...but not the swap...hmm...somehow that doesn't work for me! :p (Not anyone's fault but my own!) However, I don't want to take the day off from work, because I really need my money...I like my money...my money enables me to go to movies and buy lots of toys...money is good. Although, money IS the root of all evil. Or so they say. Dammit...Sauron must be a billionaire or something. No wait, that's George Lucas! Ack. My theory is flawed. Hm. Anyway, perhaps I will not be able to make it to the swap this time around. How am I gonna get there anyway? It will save me some money (for the movie...although I NEED to see AOTC in DIGITAL!!). But what about the people who are expecting 4 PUZZ-3D Millennium Falcons to show up??? I give up. I do. Right now. I have another week to sort this all out.

*Kat stops talking to herself...and moves along*

19. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    G.I. Joe - cool! I just dug up my GI Joe collection yesterday, I'll try to put up some screen grabs or something. Both Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow have fallen apart. But I found Shockwave, again! Woot! He is now standing on my monitor.

20. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    I'm happy to trade for even "fallen apart" GI Joe figures Adam... :)

(Though I'm really not too sure about what I'm going to trade -with-...I might have to resort to cash...)

21. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Nothing says that people can't continue to swap at the Tim Horton's after the movie.

And judging how popular the swap meet idea is, I can see us doing this a few more times before the year is out.

22. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Kat, i seriously hope you can come, because i will miss you if you don't. :( But if you need to i can bring the falcon's to the meet for you and trade for items you tell me you want

i can take the falcons to gondor...though i do not know the way... ;)

23. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    DB, I guess they couldn't handle the stress of being placed in a small shoe-box sized bin, with all the other GI. Joes. You would think they could tough it out, but when Lowlight's around, things just go from bad to worse.

I think I'll be hanging on to them, though. Sorry. It is hard for me to part with stuff. I'm still going through my bins to see what I can dig up.

I have TPM pens, pencils, and stuff like that...

24. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002
    Christina, thanks for the offer! I may take you up on it...however...I don't know what other people will be bringing, so I can't say I know what I want to swap them for... [face_plain]

Except the one that's going to Ken...because I already know what I'm getting for that...but I can give Ken his anytime, not necessary to have to bring it ALL the way there when I can do that here...

25. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    As for GI Joe, I don't have any figures left as mentioned way before that I only kept the ones I like and sold the rest on ebay.

However, I do have vehicles....and I'm still digging for them as we speak.

Kat, the "love of money" is the root of all evil, not money itself. The actual quote is from the Bible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.