main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Star Wars Fan Day - swap meet & gaming fun ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Tragic and Tracy,

Thanks for your hospitality and opening your house to us for this swap meet. I had a great time and finally got to meet more people from the board. Ken, next time I'm going to be more aggressive since you keep beating me to the punch on things like...figures...comics....hamburgers. ;)

Good to meet some of the YJN people and experience Vanilla Coke in a can for the first time...thanks Woofer.

Hope all the rest of you had a good time at the movie. All in all....good times....good times.

As mentioned, I'll be selling pieces of my young adulthood life for $20 at a swap meet 15 years from now. Until then, still need my Saga Bespin Luke.

DB

ps. I felt like a flea market merchant today...."for you...only $5 dollah..wely wely cheap!"

2. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    Thank you Tragic and Tracy for hosting this worth-while event. It was alot of fun...Even tho I came home with way more stuff then when I went with. I was a lil freaked out at first, during supper...but I Got Sabulba! lol But I draw the line at snorting pepper...Okay, maybe the hour and lack of sleep made it funnier...Since we all have passes to the movies, I suggest a pobbile viewing of LOTR, in a couple weeks. Anyone with me? I had alot of fun guys, it was nice meeting you, and hope to see you again soon.

3. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

The meet was a blast! lots of cool goodies which was great! :) found me a starble which should put me in a good mood into next month. (you rock sabrina!!!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREG!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAT!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to Tragic and Tracy, the swap was so fun, you guys are awesome for letting us all hang out at your house :)

4. Darth_Shaun

Darth_Shaun Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2002
    Hey Guys! Just wanted to say a BIG thanks to Tragic and Tracey for hosting the swap meet. It was awesome! What a great opportunity to finally meet some you guys and put a face to the handle. Really cool stuff.

Really wish I could have gone to the movies but you do what you gotta do.

I was able to get the much sought after R2-D2 I was looking for. Even though he made the rounds and I was convinced would end up back on Ken's table.

And at the same time was able to drop off the Transformers books that a couple guys were eagerly awaiting!

All in all a great time. I look forward to the next outing.
    Thanks again.

5. KaraCat

KaraCat Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    Thanks Tragic and Tracy for having this swap meet! Although this was my first event with you guys, I'll be back for future ones for sure.

Oh, and I never did catch the name of your cat during the brief escape and investigation of the shoes. S/he was very friendly in any case. :)

6. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Yes!!! Thanks so much Rob and Tracy! Had a great time and got to meet a lot of new people. I love my new Max Rebo beanie buddy! :D

I like Andrew's idea about using our passes to go to see LotR with you guys...(but I draw the line at Scooby-Do...sorry!)

btw, is snorting pepper a symptom of "Sebulba".....or part of the treatment?

7. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Thanks to you both, Tragic and Tracy. It was real fun to see all the folks again. I'd also like to thank Kingbob for infecting me with Sebulba! I'm currently saving up for Epic Duels. Can anyone tell me its price? I know it's approx. $35 at TRU.

8. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    I would like to thank rob and tracy for their generous offer to visit their house, though i never did make it there. It was great to see everyone who had the good sense to go watch the movie, and thanks again to adam david joseph christina and tragic. and may i just say i am only to happy to spread the joy of sebulba even if it will eventually turn you into orange goo

9. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Hey Rob and Tracey......Thanks so much for the great time. It was a blast seeing everyone, and meeting some fellow Chapters employees. Too bad I had to raise some H*** when the line-up at the the theater started resembling the lines at Celebration. Oh well, eeryone can call it a mood swing! :D

Then again, 4 free tickets made up for it too :D

Thanks again for the great time and good food!!!!

10. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Sorry I missed out on the festivities, I hope another Swap Meet will occur soon, as I have a 'in-the-box Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace Naboo Accessory Pack' just dying to find a new home.

Seriously though, the time I was around was great fun. If ever anyone paints a house, or anything - buy a German...roller, that is! Man those things are SWEET! Wish I had it on Saturday, I could have been done painting at home. But alas, t'was not to be. Was there a reason? Break on through to the other side? I don't know, but thanks anyway.

11. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    I just got another one of those peter pan treasure chests from disney, and I still got those pearl harbour dvd's and im still looking for things for the next swap meet, this was a great idea elewyn, cant wait to next time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.