main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidSouth Star Wars Fan Days II in Plano Oct 25-26

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Grand Admiral Strife, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Are we gonna have a MidSouth table again this year? I'd really like to build on what was accomplished last year. What a great event!

2. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I donated some prize stuff last year.

I'd be willing to help out as possible...

3. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    If I end up going ... I'd be willing to help out.

4. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Greetings from Austin Fan Force!

Some more updates to the schedule:
    http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/Next-Convention.html
    Hasbro
    Hasbro will be setting up a display featuring the latest and greatest toys from the Star Wars saga.

Steve Sansweet
    Head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilm will be presenting a panel discussing everything new and exciting that is coming up from Lucasfilm. Maybe we'll get a Celebration 5 confirmation out of him?

Celebrities
    The following celebrities will be attending and signing autographs.

Jewel Staite - Serenity/Firefly: Kaylee
    Orli Shoshan - Star Wars: Shaak Ti
    Leeanna Walsman - Star Wars: Zam Wesell
    Erin Gray - Buck Rogers: Col. Wilma
    David Acord - Clone Wars: Rotta the Hutlet & more!
    Ashley Eckstein - Clone Wars: Ashoka!
    Matthew Wood - Clone Wars: Grievous & More!
    Tom Kane - Clone Wars: Yoda & Narrator
    Robert Watts - Producer ESB & ROTJ, Producer Indiana Jones, Lt Watts in ROTJ

Attending Artists
    Dave Dorman - Artist guest of honor
    Paul Allen Ballard
    Spencer Brinkerhoff
    Matt Busch
    Joe Corroney
    Grant Gould
    Robert Hendrickson
    Tom Hodges
    Ben Curtis Jones
    Randy Martinez
    Mark McHaley
    Cat Staggs
    Chris Trevas
    Marc Wolfe

Collecting Panels
    Collecting historians Gus Lopez and Duncan Jenkins return to inform the masses about everything you could possibly imagine about Star Wars collecting!

We are currently looking at trying to get some sort of group rate through Red Roof Inn, which has the closest hotel to the convention site. In order to get a group rate quote, I need to know if any folks in your neck of the woods would be interested in going up on Fri 10/24. We don't need to all show up at the same time, just the same day, and everyone pays separate, we're just trying to get a group rate to save everyone some dough for the con itself. If anyone here is interested, just post here or over in the Fan Days thread at http://www.austinfanforce.com , or PM me, and I'll add you to the list; just let me know how many people and how many rooms y'all need by Wednesday Sept 10th so I can get everything done by that weekend.

Hope to hear from y'all soon!

Derek

5. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    My husband and I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn in the past and it's a nice motel, but this year when I went to check on the prices, the lowest that I found was at the La Quinta Inn which also serves a continental breakfast. I have a reservation there for one room, but if you guys can get a cheaper rate at the Red Roof, I would be willing to cancel and book there.

6. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    I'd be willing to host another after-party that Saturday night, if everyone's up for it!

7. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    That would be great Brian! :)

I have been thinking of making a power point presentation with pictures from all of are different groups. I would like to included as many as I could from all our different events over the years. Also would like to make a DVD with all the movie trailers to run on a loop. Maybe some of the RiffTrax Star Wars clips too. I have a laptop that I'll leave at the table as long as the table is staffed.

8. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Considering it looks like the US is gonna get hit by two and possibly three more hurricanes in the next week to 10 days, I'd like to set up a collection jar for Hurricane Relief.

9. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    That is a great idea!

I wanted to do something for charity and that is perfect.

10. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    If you want you can get some of the pictures from my myspace page for the few events I've done with the 501st / Jedi Assembly here in Houston.

11. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Group rate discount is out, as they answered back to me with an offer of ZERO DOLLARS DISCOUNT for a group of 20. [face_plain]

Best bet now would be everyone get their own rooms, and we'll meet up Saturday morning?

12. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
  13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I'll be there this year... (Depending on how I'm feeling) But, I'm afraid that I won't be worth much as I am experiencing some Medical related "technical difficulties"... But, maybe I'll be more stratghtened out by then?

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. And if you guys decide to do something like the trivia thing again... let me know. I can probably scrounge up something to donate for prizes like last year...

See everyone soon...

14. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    We are still trying to get a table for the event. Hopefully we'll have some good news on that front by next Monday. :)

15. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    I heard back from Ben today and we got a table!

16. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Peter Mayhew and David Prowse added. :D

Now over 20 artists in attendance.

17. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I just found out that I can't make this event. :_| I'm ticked because I was looking forward to seeing a few fellow TX fans there.

18. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Just found out there is a test I need to be at that Saturday morning. If we're done early I can drive to Plano later to catch everyone. Otherwise, p.m. me for info on the afterparty at my place. [face_dancing]

19. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    You can also give that info to Elizabeth as a last resort so we know someone has that information ...... What a gracious host!!!

Hope you are feeling better Hyperspace Police!!! We didn't have much time to hang out last year, looking forward to it this year!

20. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Schedule is up
    http://scifiexpo.proboards52.com/index.cgi?board=ben&action=display&thread=308

21. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    With AmidalaStarkiller's permission, I am doing a run of MidSouth badges for the convention for $1.00 a pop. They will be available for pickup at the MidSouth table when the doors open. :D
    Money raised will be used to offset the cost of getting a cool prize for our raffle that weekend.

22. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Due to a death in my family, I won't be making Fan Days this year.

I'll miss seeing you guys... Maybe I can catch you next time!

23. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    One more out...due to a test I need to be at this Saturday, then some school related work to be done and another event that came up, I'll be out most of Saturday. [face_frustrated]

Could maybe meet up with a group for dinner after the show, depending on the location.

24. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Thanks to everyone who stopped by the table and took part in the trivia game and raffle drawing!

Raffle prize was a Clone Wars Fan Days II poster signed by all attending guests, including Bruce Campbell! We raised $200.00 for Red Cross Hurricane Relief!

See you all there next year!

25. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Good to hear the fund raising went well!

Wish I could have made it... but DRL stepped in and took over...

Oh well, there's always next year!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.