Star Wars Fan Days III @ Plano Convention Center

Discussion in 'Houston, TX' started by Phuong_Solo, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phuong_Solo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Plano Convention Center
    2000 E Spring Creek Parkway
    Plano, TX

October 24-25, 2009
    Saturday 11am-6pm, Sunday 12noon-4pm.

Special Lucasfilm Guests

Steve Sansweet-Lucasfilm Director of Fan Relations
    Dave Filoni-Clone Wars Writer/Director

Star Wars Saga Special Guests

Jeremy Bulloch-Boba Fett
    Phil Eason-Yaddle
    Rusty Goff-Kabe, Jawa
    Jack Klaff-Red 4
    Ray Park-Darth Maul
    Dave Prowse-Darth Vader
    Anthony Forrest-Sand Trooper, Fixer

Clone Wars Special Guests

Matt Lanter-Anakin Skywalker
    Tom Kane-Yoda/Narrator
    Catherine Taber-Padme Amidala

Star Wars Artists

Adam Hughes
    Paul Allan Ballard
    Spencer Brinkerhoff
    Katie Cook
    Joe Corroney
    Ben Curtis
    Michael Duron
    Grant Gould
    Jessica Hickman
    Tom Hodges
    Jim Kyle
    Randy Martinez
    Mark McHaley
    David Rabbitte
    Jamie Snell
    Jason Sobol
    Allison Sohn
    Cat Staggs
    Denise Vasquez
  2. TK8171 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool. I am marking my calendar now. Thanks for the heads up.
  3. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm putting it on my calendar too.
  4. DarthElizur Jedi Master

star 1

http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/fandaysIII.html

$15 on Sat. for general admission. Will probably be fun, will think about this one.
  5. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have planned on going to this event every year and end up having to cancel my plans at the last minute ... so I'm really going to try and make it this year.
  6. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Austin Fan Force has tentatively secured a table for the event (depending on if I have enough people volunteer to staff it) and as always we invite you to leave whatever promotional materials(flyers, cards, etc) you want to bring at the table. Ideally I'd like the table to be staffed by at least one person from each Fan Force to give it a statewide feel.
  7. TK8171 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will be there for sure. I believe a few others from our Fanforce will be too. I have some 501st Legion stuff I will bring and I know we also have some Rebel Legion stuff too. We will have to see if we want to make up anything for the Houston fanforce to take up there. I can take it with me when I go. I made some flyers for ApolloCon that I can take if nothing else. Fan Days will be great.
  8. ID6796 Jedi Knight

star 1
    We 3 are going also. I still have the static board from Apollo Con. We can use it "as is" or we can tweek it.

9. TK8171 Jedi Knight

star 1
    My wife reserved our hotel, so I will be there. Hope to see everybody there too.
  10. Zakk Jedi Padawan

My wife and several of our friends from across the US will be meeting us there. 3rd consecutive year for us, wouldn't miss it!
  11. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will be there atleast the Saturday date.
  12. Phuong_Solo Jedi Knight

star 2
    I found a rate of $29/night at the La Quinta Inn in Plano that is only about 3 miles from the convention center. You can either book it through the La Quinta Inn site itself or hotels.com. Just FYI.
  13. Zakk Jedi Padawan

Leslie and I (and our friends) will be at the Courtyard Marriott, just down the road from the convention center. Last I saw they were down to $80/night. It's newly renovated...whatever that means.
  14. Sith-Trooper Jedi Knight

Anyone interested in carpooling up there and splitting a room?
  15. OXDub Jedi Padawan

Just got my tickets :)
  16. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    MidSouth FanForce will once again have a table at Fan Days, and we need your help!
    Sign up thread is here. We will keep the shifts short, 30-60 minutes. I know the schedule hasn't been released yet but this way we'll have an idea of who can help. Even if you just stop by for 10-15 min it will give those working the table an opportunity to take a bathroom break and stretch their legs. :) FanForce CRs: Bring promotional materials for your group! Even if you don't volunteer for the table, it's still for ALL FanForces in MidSouth; we can't promote your group if we don't have flyers, business cards, etc. If you have a banner, bring it! We'll try to work it in somehow.

DOn't know about the con? Find out all about it right here!
  17. PeteyPete Jedi Padawan

Hey folks. I'm bringing my 8 year-old son in from out-of-state for this event. We have no experience with any of these kind of things. Can you give me some tips and ideas on what to expect? Should I buy the VIP/Priority passes? Should we plan on all day? Charges for the autographs, how much do they typically run? Is the breakfast a must?

My son will be thrilled with whatever we do I'm sure, but I don't want to get there without any idea of what's going.

Any helps is appreciated.

18. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    I'm pretty dang sure that I'm going to make it, but I'm not 100% yet. If so, I'd be happy to sign up for a shift! I may promote the Rocky Mountain Fan Force to blank stares, so I'd be happy to talk up the force.net community.

19. Zakk Jedi Padawan

It's almost here! Who all is still attending? My group will have 5 of us and would love to do dinner Saturday night if people are interested.
  20. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    Grimby the Hutt and myself will be there. Send me a PM with your email or digits and we'll try and get together. Thanks, bud!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.