main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Fan Documentary

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by Phantom_Jedi, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Hello southern Star Wars fans!

We're about to continue production on a new feature length Star Wars fan documentary, (a UK/US co-production) and would love to hear from any SW fans who would be interested in being involved. Especially those in the Portsmouth area.

We're looking for the following;

*Collectors willing to talk about and show off their collections.
    *Female Star Wars fans.
    *Costumers.
    *Fan Film makers.
    *Autograph hunters.

and anyone with an amazing Star Wars fan related story to tell.

If you are a first generation fan (from 1977/78 on) we would also love to see any old photographs that you have related to Star Wars, that you wouldn't mind being seen in the documentary.

If you are interested please drop us an email at starwarsfans@live.co.uk, telling us as much as you can about your Star Wars fandom, and once we've looked through them all we will get back to you.

Thanks for reading this!

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm in Portsmouth a lot these days, so I could get involved. I'm just curious as to what would be expected, and also where this film would end up being shown.

3. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Hi, thanks for replying.

It really depends what you wish to talk about, or what your level of fandom is. If you are a big time collector, we would be interested in hearing what you collect, where you obtain items, and we may be interested in filming any displays that you have set up.

If you are a costumer, we would like to know where you wear the costume, how it came together and any work you may do that involves charities.

If you are just a fan who is passionate about the saga, then we are planning a day when we can invite everyone to a location to talk to camera about this. We are really looking for fun and fascinating stories involved with being a Star Wars fan.

This is an international documentary. I have my co-producer conducting similar interviews in Indianapolis, and will have contributions from around the world, which will all be combined in one feature length documentary, that we hope will be ready to screen at a future Star Wars Celebration, and any conventions. It will also be available on DVD at the end of it's production.

If you have any other questions, drop me an email at starwarsfans@live.co.uk, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.