main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Fan Film Awards 2015

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Guy-Gone_Weird, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
  2. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Exactly what I saw. No music provided in the pack but the rules state music and sounds are included.

This is very weird. 5 minute limit? Come on now, we need more sound effects and some music as well as more of a time limit to be able to do some real good stuff.

Not sure if I'm gonna enter this time. Mainly because of the lame sound pack.

3. WINDSTORM

WINDSTORM Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2004
    So we can only use what's in the Asset Pack. On the website it says no music except what is in the asset pack, can you not use your own music? I have a composer that is scoring my music for my project but I'm asking him to get the feel of the star wars universe, even using scales that are similar to what we've already heard in the previous movies, would this disqualify us? Also visually, are we free to use costumes and props that look or are based off star wars? And the narrative, can we adapt a story from something that is already out there?

where do i go to get these questions answered?

4. WINDSTORM

WINDSTORM Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2004
    I'll be making my own post, but for those of you following this thread, I just wanted to share the link to the fan film we worked on.

Voting for the 2015 Star Wars Fan Film Awards has officially begun!!!
    Our documentary, directed by Alex Watson of J-Wat Productions gives you a behind-the-scenes look at all the heart and hard work that went into making Legends: Legacy of the Force.

To watch and vote for our submission "Journey of a Fan Film". Please go to http://www.starwars.com/star-wars-fan-film-awards
    You can vote once a day until March 27!!

to vote:

If you don't already have a "disney account" a pop up will come up where you will be asked to first plug in a birthdate and continue, which will pop up a "create your own account" form.

Fill that form out, ... i would uncheck receive updates and special offers unless you want them, and check agree to the terms of use.
    and then you're done!