main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Fan Film

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by Calest_DaSule, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calest_DaSule

Calest_DaSule Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2003
    I have written a script about a year ago. It does need a lot of work though. The story takes place around 4,000 years before EPI during the time of the Old Republic and the diminishing Sith. The story touches on the idea of children being taken from families with force powers to help the Jedi. This is a subject that I found most interesting with the Jedi. Were the Jedi scared that a child with the force powers could turn on them in the future by becoming a Sith? A lot of my ideas centered on this.

The story developed into a nice twister towards the end. Right now it is around ninety pages long. There are many ideas in the story that could probably be more developed, but I haven?t even touched the story in a year. If anybody is interested please let me know.

Paul "Calest DaSule"

2. Darth_Fairacon

Darth_Fairacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    I am very interested.

If there is anything I can do to help, be sure and ask.

I have editing software on my MAC to produce DVD quality video. I have a great camera, and some cool ideas.

Todd

3. Calest_DaSule

Jan 28, 2003
    I have another idea for a fan film other than the one that I wrote. It would involve the storm troopers outfits. I was thinking quickly, but came up with an idea that would send the troopers threw a time warp sending them back in time as the Death Star explode in EPIV. I am sure that not all the Tie Fighters were destroyed and many probrobaly ran for it as they saw there "small moon" explode. What if they found a time warp that sent them back in time a few thousand years on accident? They come across a ship that rescues them from the depths of space and brought them aboard. Of course there uniforms and ships would not be known. Jedi mabey. I don't know, just a thought. I just don't have the time to work on another story. Let me know what you think.

Paul

4. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Sounds interesting...

It would take a lot of work to make the details stand out.

When is the best time for you to owrk on stuff like this? Are you free on weekends?

Todd
    DF

5. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Anymore on this subject Calest?

I am so into trying to make this after the new year starts!

Todd
    DF

6. Calest_DaSule

Jan 28, 2003
    I havn't had a chance to work on the new idea. I have been finishing up my novel. One and a half years and the 1st draft is done. 279 pages. Right now I am working on the edit (another year) :)
    With ideas pooring out of my head, through my fingers, and into my laptop I should be able to get something done. I'll keep everyone posted.

Paul

7. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Very kewl!

Hope to see you at the meeting WED.

All the news is posted on the website.

Todd
    DF

8. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    How goes the novel Paul?

Any new developments?

Todd
    DF

9. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Just giving everyone an update.

Myself, Tony, Steve and Paul have started to work on what might be our next short take on a larger part of a KFF Fan Film.

I spoke of it briefly at the JAN meet, but since then things have really started to take off!!

Paul cam ein the other day and we shot some footage of him weilding a lightsbaer and I am currently trying to rotoscope it to make the saber glow.

Tony and I also started practicing some cool moves with some fake wooden kantanas that he has and have some cool moves down.

Much more work to be done, but just a short update.

:)
    Todd
    DF

10. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Just so everyone understands my intentions, I want everyone on this board (and in our KFF chapter) to know that they are MORE than welcome to participate in the Fan Film that I am currently producing along with Tony, Paul, Sunshine and the rest of our crew.

We originally placed this post way back on 20 JAN 2005. The original post did invite EVERYONE to participate.

On numerous meetings I have also asked for volunteers and let chapter members know we are still seeking positions to be filled. :)

So, I hope that there is no one out there within our chapter (or outside it) that wants to be involved and has not come forward for one reason or another.

If so, please come forward. We would love to have you involved.

:)
    Todd

11. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    My life is a little nuts right now and will be until the end of the school year. It's high research season and by the time I get home I'm a whipped puppy.

Can we put off filming my part until June?

12. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    I PMed you on this one...

Todd
    DF

13. ESTRYAL

ESTRYAL Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2005
    Hi Everyone
    This is my frist time posting on the board because my strong suit is NOT computers.

however I thought that I should take some time to talk about how we are doing on the film issue. Casting has been done and we have started rehersals that are going very well. We have a choreogropher ( I know thats spelled wrong ) whoe is wotkig with the actors on stunts and sword work. we have a limited crew that has bought some supplies and will be starting construction of a track and Gib for filming specialized shots.

Todd has a handle on equipment and Paul is doing great things with the script.

We are looking for help with costumes, make up, effects, art, camera and sound equipment and grips. any one who is interisted in helping with these parts please contact darth faircom, or Tony @ 702 4787. Filming is curentaly slated for the 27th of May and will continue through the end of June at least as long as wer stay on schudle. Movies are notorious for going over schudle though.

well thats it now lets see if I can get this to post.

14. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    I know that this was talked about at several meetings, and that info on the progress has been posted. I also know that I've missed the last few meetings. I know that I was contacted personally about a part, which due to my own inattention went to someone else.

But...

What I don't know is when or where was the date for the open casting call placed on the boards? I don't remember seeing it. Was it done at a meeting I missed?

I also have a friend who has spent the last two years putting together a Fan Film and she wrote me saying she would be able to give ya'll some help/tips/pointers, whatever so that ya'll don't make the same mistakes they did.

15. JosephEck

JosephEck Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    No, Tan, you didn't miss it... casting call was never announced to the group... or maybe it was announced vocally, but nobody seemed to hear it.

Hey - I noticed Sunshine's name wasn't on the movie's website's official credits... didn't she do the artwork / costume design??

16. Calest_DaSule

Jan 28, 2003
    Sunshine resigned from the position on the movie. Her name is not on the crew page due to this. The crew page is something that holds the positions of the current crew. Her name is still on the script since she did help with some of the writing. I am not denying her any regognition of the creativness from her.

Paul

17. JosephEck

Feb 21, 2003
    I'm not saying you have to put her name in the current crew listings, but there was no mention of her help on the site... I just think that if she helped with designs and sketches that she should at least be recognized for that - don't you??

IMHO, lack of acknowledgement for someone's assistance IS the same as denying any regognition of that person's creativeness, but's that's just me. :)

18. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    I must really be out of the loop. When did all this happen? The last I heard about it at Wal-Mart was everything was going great. Anyway I am sorry to hear this. I do think she should get some mention for helping though!

19. JosephEck

Feb 21, 2003
    Jim,

if you prefer, I'll PM you on this.

20. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Oh, okay!

21. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    What the heck is going on?

I thought this was supposed to be a Star Wars Fan force chapter...

Todd
    DF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.