main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Star wars fan films?

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Jonathan Xavier Jones, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2012
    Sorry if this is not the right place to ask, or if it's a redundant question, but I was just wondering what the NR group did in the way of filming. I watched the videos on the facebook wall (which was quite fun) and I see message boards have talk of rehearsals for filming and music for "Liberation" which I am not really sure what it is (sorry for not researching deep enough) but it sounds cool and film-related.
    It has always been a dream of mine to make or take part in making something like the amazing fan films that are all over youtube simply because they look really good and really fun.
    Pretty much I'm wondering what NR does in the way of the fan films and If so, how can I help?

2. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    The films you see on YouTube are part of the Star Wars Night event. We film them in advance and play them between innings at the ballpark.

We did film a short humorous fan film some years ago but nothing serious since. Some of us help out with various other locally made films as extras or minor roles.

3. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    I think doing another fan film sometime would be fun. As long as it doesn't involve digging a trench...

4. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    I'm in!

5. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Once SWN is over I'd be in too. Could people from my production company get involved in any way or would they have to join the club?

6. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Sep 10, 2012
    I would think that anyone who would be interested could be involved right?

7. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    I know that when I shoot films, I audition people for the various acting roles and meet with different companies when considering sound, lighting, and effects. And for this club, I know we have criteria for who can be in SWN. So, anyone interested? That's why I asked as it usually isn't so open

8. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Sep 10, 2012
    I' am totally interested in both a film and the way in which you shoot films as well

9. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    They are a lot of fun. Lately I've enjoyed the story development and script writing process of production more than anything else. Second to that is filming editing. Production, then I'd say acting and then stunt work are next in line with directing being my least favorite aspect of the work.

10. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Sep 10, 2012
    I have always wanted to be in production, I'm even going to school for it in a way. I haven't done much of it unfortunately but I really liked film editing when I took the class for it last semester.

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  11. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    I think that once we get past SWN there could be some great potential for a good fan film. We already have a list of some great concepts, and could certainly come up with more...

12. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Definitely after SWN we need to get creative club members together and start the process of developing SWN 2014 which in of itself has clearly already generated ideas that could be developed into short fan films.

13. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    Hearing general ideas for SWN ideas, there are some cool concepts, but ones that don't necessarily lend themselves to the SWN event (considering the SWN audience is mostly families of young kids and folks who have [by our scales of fandom] casual interest in the franchise). Many of those could work out into a fan film which caters to a more "hardcore" kind of SW fan, which would appreciate those sorts of storylines better.

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  14. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Sep 10, 2012
    I cannot even begin to explain my excitement about all of this