Tucson Star Wars Fan Force Global Cookbook

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Nov 29, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay ya'll.. plan is in motion for making a cookbook for sale by the world fan force groups.. we shall collect recipes from fan force members world wide and then put in a cookbook and sell for charity.. this is a big plan.. I am figuring it will occupy a great deal of online and offline time.. once we get this going will you folks be up for helping me sell this book to our town.. and are you folks up for helping Fan Force sell it world wide!! Ideas coming in ASAP!! I want to start work on this one immediately.. but obviously it will not be ready for 2005 Christmas.
  2. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    email address for this is fan-force-recipes@cox.net so that is where you send your recipes for the cookbook
  3. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OK, I'll write up my recipe for roast ewok :p

OK, I just sent this in:

From Dark_Lady_Jada of the Tucson Fan Force

Chuck Roast with Potatoes and Onions with Southern Country Green Beans

Chuck Roast
    Flour
    Salt
    Pepper
    Cooking Oil
    1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
    Garlic
    1 Onion sliced thinly
    Potatoes cut up into medium "chunks"
    Red Cooking Wine, Water or Milk

1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Using a large skillet pour Oil into the skillet and heat on medium and then turn to medium low.

2) Rinse the Roast under cold water. Take a dish big enough for the roast to fit it and dump in a cup of flour with salt and pepper to your liking. Coat the Roast with flour mixture

3) Take the roast and brown on all sides in the skillet.

4) Use a large casserole dish or roasting pan (something that has sides and can be covered). Transfer the roast into the pan. Cover it with the onions and place the potatoes around the side.

5) Garlic - If you are a garlic fiend then take a bulb of garlic and remove skin. Place garlic in pan around roast. If you are not a garlic fiend you may either skip this step or just sprinkle garlic on the roast.

6) Take the can of soup and dilute it slightly with either the wine, water or milk. Pour the soup over the roast.

7) Cook the roast basting FREQUENTLY! and turn it mid way through cooking. Also rearrange the potatoes. It should cook for at least 2 hours if not more.

8) Once the roast is done take it out of the oven and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes. THIS IS CRUCIAL! Otherwise when you go to slice the meat it isn't set.

Slice the meat however you like to and serve with the onions and potatoes.

This dish goes nicely with the Southern Country Green Beans.

2 to 3 cans of Green Beans
    2 pieces of Bacon
    Pepper

Pour the Green Beans into a pot and put the bacon in with them. Season with Pepper to taste (I like lots of pepper). Bring to a boil and then turn to low. Allow the beans to cook for at least 2 hours if not all day. Then longer they cook the better they are.

Enjoy!
  4. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
  5. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    WaYS TO COOK gUNGAN (SUBSITUTE tURKEY OR cHICKEN IF LACKING FRESH gUNGAN)?
  6. Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Master

star 4
    Now we need a few "How many Gungans does it take . . ." jokes. :p
  7. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    If you leave any Gungans alive...

...then you haven't used ENOUGH!
  8. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    Is this recipe book Fan-Force-wide or is it just the TFF that is making it? (I know you are trying to get recipes from all across the Fan Force, but is the book a Fan Force or a TFF project?) Do you just want one recipe per person??
  9. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    As far as I understood it, it's a worldwise thing but Cat was putting it together. Recipies from all over the world via the Fan Force(s). I ASSume multiple entries can be submitted and the "best" one use for the book.
  10. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Just sent this one in. I guess you COULD use canned Gungan :p

"Canned" Dinner by Jada

1 or 2 cans of each:

Chicken
    Cream of Mushroom Soup
    French's Fried Onions [or just a few tbsp. of dehydrated onions]
    Cut Green Beans

A package of premade biscuits.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Open the chicken and dump it into a bowl [undrained]. Add in the soup and the onions. Drain the green beans and add. Stir all the ingredients and put into a cassarole. Top with the biscuits and bake for about 30 minutes.

Serve with a salad.

This is a quick and easy dinner.

11. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    This is a recipe for a "chow mein" hot dish that I just sent in. Really, though, it looks more like gungan brains (but tastes a whole lot better ;)), so I suppose another name for it could be "Ciao, mein gungan" :)

Ingredients:
    -1 lb ground hamburger or turkey (or gungan)
    -3 celery stalks, chopped
    -1 onion, chopped
    -1 cup uncooked rice
    -1 can cream of mushroom soup
    -2 cans water
    -4 oz mushrooms, sliced
    -2 to 3 tbsp soy sauce

Procedure:
    1)Fry hamburger, celery, and onion in Dutch oven or large casserole dish. Drain fat.
    2)Add rice and soup. Mix.
    3)Add water mushrooms, and soy sauce. Mix.
    4)Bake at 350 °F for 1 hour covered and the half an hour uncovered, stirring occasionally. (You may need to add more water.)

12. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    "Wookiee caserole"

3 lb potatoes
    2 cans of green beans
    1 1/2 lb of lean ground beef
    1 pkg dry gravy mix
    1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Peel and boil the potatoes and mash them (if you have a special mashed potatoes receipe go for it!). Keep them a little on the dry side because they will absorb all of the juices. Set them aside when finished but keep them warm.

In a skillet brown the ground beef, I like to add garlic and onion salt or sometimes a little seasoned salt. Do not drain the meat! Scoop entire contents of skillet into a large caserole or baking dish.

Open the package of gravy mix and sprinkle it over the ground beef.

Open both cans of green beans but do not drain! Dump them right on top of the mix and meat.

Spread the mashed potatoes over the green beans trying to keep any air pockets from forming. Fill to the top of the pan.

Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the mashed potatoes.

Cover with a lid or aluminum foil place in a 350 degree oven for approximately 12 minutes. Remove the covering and broil on high for 3 minutes.

Allow to cool before serving and makes excellent left overs! It sounds a little awkward but ranch dressing goes great with this dish!
  13. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  14. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I have forwarded emails to the email listed above!!!
  15. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    REEL IN THE RECIPES!!! send out as many emails as you can!! Were cooking in Tatooine!![face_dancing] =D=
  16. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    C-3Po's golden rods!

Corn
    Butter

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Random%20TFF%20Pictures/ist2_459771_corn_on_the_cob.jpg]
  17. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    uh.. yeah.. uhmmmm.. Dustin.. ask your WIFE for the recipes dude ;)
  18. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    You forgot to mention the stick to hold the corn.
    Actually, I found this quite funny, and think it should be included in the cookbook, if for no other reason than that name. "Golden Rods". It's a classic. Even a cookbook can use some humor every now and then.
  19. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Skywalker Chardonnay- 06.08.05
    Coppola+Lucas = 2003 Lucas Skywalker Ranch ?Viandante del Cielo? Chardonnay. A wine made by the winemaking team at Niebaum-Coppola Estate Winery for filmmaker/friend George Lucas, from fruit grown at Lucas? Skywalker Ranch in Marin County. p.s. it even got a 5 star review, and call me silly for half expecting some Star Wars reference on the label.

[image=http://www.forkandbottle.com/tastings/wine/images/marin2.gif]

I've ordered this stuff to add to the collection, but they won't ship to AZ.

I guess we now know all the Skywalker boys were so good a whining, the even have wine named after them.
  20. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    That was a bad pun. *Shakes head*
    It figures though that Viandante del Cielo means Skywalker in Italian...
  21. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Passerby in (or of) the sky. I guess that's a kin to a Skywalker. maybe it's really walker of the sky.
  22. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    email address for this is fan-force-recipes@cox.net that is where you send your recipes for the cookbook.
  23. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    don't forget to keep plugging recipes for the group.. first post in this thread has the email addy for the recipes
  24. KickingnScreaming Jedi Knight

star 1
    I hate to be the fly in the ointment..but is it legal to use these copywrited names to SELL something?

Where are the proceeds going?
  25. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    yes, it's legal, I checked all that before I got too far involved with the project last year when it started. The only decision yet to be decided is which charity we will donate the proceeds to, but that will be decided before the book is printed, and most likely an outside company will take care of the incoming money for books that are purchased online. It will be called the Fan Force Global Cookbook, it doesn't use star wars in the title, we just posted star wars on the thread so people would know it is about fans of star wars around the world sharing recipes and fan force histories. At this point we are just hoping to get enough recipes to make the book a worthwhile endeavor, it is already postponed until christmas 2007 as it is.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie