main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Fan Moving from the USA to Scotland... Advice on Keeping up the Hobby?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Robonino, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robonino

Robonino Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2009
    I realize that this section of the boards has been very quiet lately, but I did have a question.

My wife and I are moving to Glasgow in late August (right after I go to CV!). I will be attending the University of Glasgow as a postgraduate student. Are there lots of SW fans there? What channel does Clone Wars come on? Are there good comic shops and other places to stay up to date on SW stuff? Any advice on living in Glasgow in general? Fan chapters, meet-ups, conventions, anything? Thanks!

2. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    My advice is to be careful of high prices on SW merchandise - stick to shops with 'pound' in the name - 'Pondstretcher', 'Poundland' - to maintain action figure and toy collecting economically.
    Glasgow has a thriving Star Wars fan community - you may just have missed the Braehead comics and sci-fi convention in August - and a good place to go for collectibles is the street at the back of the Tron theatre in Glasgow - A1 Comics especially - which has a thriving 'geek' community!
    The boards here have been a bit inactive of late - but drop us a PM and I'll be glad to ask anymore questions!
    Welcome to Glasgow and enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.