main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Fan Music

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by RONDC20, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RONDC20

RONDC20 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 10, 2001
    Yeah I had this idea a while ago for Star Wars Fan Music based on the Expanded Universe and I posted it on this board, but no one seemed to care. I suggested we find a good music composer who works with MIDI, I think that the first themes composed should be from the Zahn Thrawn Trilogy of Novels with themes for Grand Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade and Joruus C'Baoth and also a theme depicting the Nohgri

The theme for Mara Jade should be melon collie and sad, It should sound simular to the Force theme or Qui-Gon Jinn's theme.

Thrawn's theme should be the typical evil theme with a military sound very much like the Imperial March.

The theme for C'Boath should sound dark and brooding and evil, very much like the Emperor's/Darth Sidius's theme.

The Nohgri theme should be dark aswell.

There should also be music for some of the action sequences in the Novels mixing Classic John Williams Star Wars themes with the new themes composed.

So does anyone here think this is a good idea?

Ronald C

2. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I like the idea. Maybe if I find the themes that you mentioned that has already been composed, I can try to help. ^_^

3. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Actually, I've had this idea as well... Right now, in my spare time, I'm working on what I hope to make a full score for Vector Prime. If I like the way it turns out, I may go on with some other NJO books... So far, I've composed "A More Dangerous Place" (the primary theme of my score in the way that AtS was the primary theme of AotC) and bits of "Beyond the Stars" (the Yuuzhan Vong theme), "Chewbacca's Theme", and "Love Theme for Luke and Mara". I'll keep you posted on progress.

-Paul

4. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

Jul 11, 2002
    I don't like the messege i posted, so i'll redo mine...

I have composed songs before, and i'm still going. I have composed it for my book called "The Secret". All i need is an emotion and i'm on a roll! so i'll try!

5. RONDC20

Feb 10, 2001

Hey these ideas sound great.

darth_paul I look forward to hearing your music for New Jedi Order Vector Prime. I do have a question though. Did you compose these in the John Williams style and when will we be able to hear the music?

Cant wait.

And you Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee are you going to do my idea for writing themes for the Zahn Thrawn Trilogy of Novels with themes for Grand Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade and Joruus C'Baoth and also a theme depicting the Nohgri

The theme for Mara Jade should be melon collie and sad, It should sound simular to the Force theme or Qui-Gon Jinn's theme.

Thrawn's theme should be the typical evil theme with a military sound very much like the Imperial March.

The theme for C'Boath should sound dark and brooding and evil, very much like the Emperor's/Darth Sidius's theme.

There should also be music for some of the action sequences in the Novels mixing Classic John Williams Star Wars themes with the new themes composed.

Anyway this is a good idea.

Ronald C

6. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    Yes, my compositions are in the Williams style for the most part. The Yuuzhan Vong theme is the most noticeable departure from Williams style, but it had to be, since the Y.V. had no equivalent in the Williams-era universe.

-Paul

7. RONDC20

Feb 10, 2001
    Sounds great Paul. So when will I be able to hear this music?

Ronald C

8. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I actually had a thread with a near identical title a little while ago. I got a Cakewalk (a music creation program) and I am still trying to make a good-sounding theme for Anakin and Tahiri.

9. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I would like to hear your compositions also, darth_paul. And Jedi_Alman I look forward to hearing the Anakin and Tahiri theme.

10. RONDC20

Feb 10, 2001
    Yea it all sounds great. We have plenty of material in the Expanded Universe for Music.

Ronald C

11. One-Who-Stands-Alone

One-Who-Stands-Alone Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2002
    I compose MIDIs for Star Wars EU... I've made a Kyp Durron Theme (from the Jedi Academy Trilogy) and I'm working on scoring The Last Command.

I'd love to hear someone score the NJO :D
    Good luck with it, Paul :)

12. Tho Yor

Nov 27, 2001
    One Who Stands Alone, could you post one of your MIDIs for us to hear?

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    While it's not strictly Star Wars, this is a piece I composed for our film Doom Raiders which is an Indiana Jones spoof, hence the music is in a JW style. This track was influenced from several JW bits. It starts with a slow version of the main theme (pizz and flute), followed by a comedic section as the old man in the map room gets killed, then we have the parody of the Map Room scene from ROTLA (01:20), before Brad (the Hero) chases the spy to the Market Place (2:13) when a fight ensues (2:33)

Doom Raiders Example

14. One-Who-Stands-Alone

One-Who-Stands-Alone Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2002
    Surely. This one piece isn't finished, since I'm re-working it, but here is the Kyp Durron MIDI :)

15. RONDC20

Feb 10, 2001
    Hey One-Who-Stands-Aloneso your working on Music for the Thrawn Trilogy of novels by Timothy Zhan. Will you be doing my idea with themes for Grand Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade and Joruus C'Baoth and also a theme depicting the Nohgri

Anyway this is a good idea.

Ronald C

16. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

Jul 11, 2002
    Sure i'll try to compose the songs too. but how would i send it? i may know stuff on the computer, but not how to get songs on it.

17. RONDC20

Feb 10, 2001
    You don't compose MIDI Files? those are on the computer. Im afraid I cant help you out. I wish I could.

Ronald C

18. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    I am away from home for a little while, and the one entirely completed song is on my home computer, but I shall post "A More Dangerous Place" when I get home.

-Paul

19. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    By the way, there is a very good piece of shareware called NoteWorthy Composer (http://www.nteworthy.com/) that will allow you to compose in notation format on the computer. Its chief limitations are that you can only save an NWC file 9 times (if this really becomes a problem, e-mail me - and to the software police I am not suggesting piracy) and that your printed documents are watermarked. You can save from it to a MIDI file. If you're interested, I use a program called MIDISyn that uses SoundFonts to render MIDI files to WAVE or MP3 sounds... I use a SoundFont called Fluid 3, which sounds good but leaves out percussion. If you are interested in having me render it for you, just e-mail me. Fluid 3 is about an 80 meg download if you want to do it yourself.

-Paul

20. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Noteworthy is what I use. I'm One-Who-Stands-Alone, by the way.

I'm working on a few themes. :)

21. Tho Yor

Nov 27, 2001
    That Kyp MIDI is rather cool. It would be very cool to hear it with proper instrumental sounds. I think you've got something good there.

22. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Well, I've written something that can serve as Anakin and Tahiri's theme. The only problem is that I have no idea how to post it up here. If anyone could help. That would be great.

23. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Nevermind, I have it now.

Please follow this link:

<p><a href="ftp://delonas.dnsq.org/Upload/">ftp://delonas.dnsq.org/Upload/</a></p>

and right click on the A-T Theme to copy it. It is in MIDI format, so it is small, though that means it may sound funny to you.

Hope you like!

24. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Bah! It seems that that link does not work, but this one should:

ftp://delonas.dnsq.org/Upload/

25. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    grand_admiral_ewok: I've been slowly taking time to rework the entire theme with more than one instrument. When I wrote it out, I didn't have the time to orchestrate an entire piece, but I wanted the entire thing in memory. So, now I'm slowly but surely re-doing the piece. :)

Jedi_Alman: The FTP server you're running off of isn't allowing me to download (although I can see) the file. Would you mind e:mailing it to me (jamestraverjr@fanforce.net)? And if you'd like, I could host it on my server :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.