main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Star Wars Fan Questionnaire - Questions Created by SoraBulq2008 (sp?)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth Dnej, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Star Wars Fan Questionnaire - Questions Created by SoraBulq2008 (sp?)
    This is a fan questionnaire I found on YouTube. My responses are very lengthy but feel free to respond to the questions!
    Jedi or Sith?
    This is an extremely difficult question. Most would prefer the Jedi life because the Sith are widely considered to be evil. Honestly, I am not sure which I would pick. Both orders have very limiting doctrines and I would not want to fully abide to either. Ideally, I would pick to be a force sensitive unassociated with either the Jedi Order or Order of the Sith Lords.
    However, if I must choose, I would be a Jedi. More specifically, I would chose to be part of the Jedi Sentinel class because they are more covert and technological than the Jedi Consulars and Guardians.
    Favorite Worlds
    Coruscant, of course, is a magnificent planet. It’s one massive city that contains the Galactic Senate, Jedi Temple, as well as many posh locations and rotten underbellies. And of course during the Rise of the Empire, it contained a home for the Sith Order; The LiMerge building in the Works district. That is why Coruscant is such a fascinating planet, there is so much to discover and so much left uncovered.
    Tatooine is another fantastic planet. At its most basic, it is just a desert rock in the Outer Rim. However, it is so interesting because it is the homeworld of the two Skywalkers: Anakin and Luke. Thus, many of the film saga’s most crucial scenes take place on Tatooine. I have also always been fascinated in Tatooine because I cannot even imagine living on a massive desert world with twin suns. Tatooine just screams Star Wars to me.
    Type of lightsaber, Lightsaber color and fighting style?
    I will cheat a little here and say paired lightsabers. If I have an adapter/cortosis link, I can then transform my lightsabers into a saberstaff or a single-bladed long hilted lightsaber. Additionally, I can choose to use only one of the sabers. The paired lightsabers just allow so many combat options.
    Lightsaber color is difficult. Since I would likely be serving the Jedi Order, a Crimson blade is pretty much out of the question. In that case, I would pick two different colors (hey I have two lightsabers after all!). I would pick orange and yellow, as they are typically associated with the Sentinel class and are more exotic and interesting lightsaber colors.
    It is difficult for me to pick one lightsaber combat style. Of course, I would have most likely mastered Form I: Shii-Cho, but if I am being honest I would like to master all seven classical forms. However, if I had to pick one form it would be Form VI: Niman. Niman is the jack of all trades lightsaber form and works well with multiple lightsaber blades, thus suiting my lightsaber type choice.
    Favorite Species?
    Most of my favorite species in this case would be sentients. Of course, humans are one of my favorite species because of their relatability but I also really like Yoda’s species. Perhaps one day Yoda’s species will get an official name!
    Favorite vehicle?
    The Super Star Destroyer, Executor. I mean how can you go wrong with a massive Star Destroyer that is Darth Vader’s flagship in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi?
    If you were a Jedi which master would you want?
    Master Yoda. I don’t think you can go too wrong with Yoda during any time of his lengthy service to the order, but I would much rather have Yoda as my master during the period of 19 BBY - 4 ABY when he lived on Dagobah. I feel like Yoda was more humbled during this period, and a better teacher and being for his experiences as one of the last of the Jedi Order.
    If you were a Sith which master would you want?
    Darth Gravid. My training would likely still be incredibly harsh, but at least Gravid attempted to bring elements of compassion and selflessness into the Order of the Sith Lords.
    If you were a Sith, then what would your "Darth" Name Be?
    Darth Dnej. I don’t even know how I would pronounce it, but it is an anagram.
    Favorite Film?
    Star Wars Episode V : The Empire Strikes Back. This film is absolutely phenomenal. I could spend pages upon pages of how incredible it is but I will be brief. The film is just so magical because the characters are richly developed, the tension is high, we learn more about the mysterious force (through Yoda!), and of course the ending was riveting (the Luke vs. Vader duel might be the best in the saga) and left the audience on a big cliffhanger!
    Least favorite film?
    I go back and forth between Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace and Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. I feel both films are mostly boring and have the worst dialogue of the saga. AOTC’s “love” story is nauseating and the Jar Jar antics in TPM are of course, disgraceful.
    If you could write your own Star Wars novel, what would it be about?
    One character I would love to know more about would be Darth Gravid. A Sith Lord wanting to take elements of Jedi philosophy? Sounds worthy of a novel to me.
    Which film has your favorite soundtrack?
    A difficult choice, but I have to pick The Empire Strikes Back. “Yoda’s Theme”, “Yoda and the Force”, “The Clashing of Lightsabers”, the love theme, the Cloud City theme, all such incredible tracks and underscoring in this magnificent film.
    Do you collect figures?
    No, not currently, but I would love to build a massive collection!
    In your opinion, what is the best thing about the EU?
    The EU expands upon so many elements that were not explored in the films (namely the prequel trilogy) and thus, enriches the films and creates a large universe for fans to explore. The EU is simply staggering.
    In your opinion, what are the worst things about the EU?
    Well, the EU has so many writers that of course there will be retcons and such and tone clashes. Also the current worst thing about the EU, is that all its current stories are being wiped out from Star Wars canon. Ironic that so many stories that are typically on par or greater than the films are now being wiped out. It is a shame.
    What Does Star Wars mean to you?
    Star Wars is a massive mythology for the taking. It is a glorious fantasy, adventure, action, Sci-Fi epic that allows us to escape from our mundane world and explore “A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…”. Star Wars is the fictional universe that binds all cultures. May the force be with you all...

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Baz Note: We will allow discussions on the responses to this questionnaire. See Rules about Posting Questionnaires for all future cases. Bardan_Jusik

Darth Dnej likes this.
  3. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Jedi or Sith?
    In Knights of the Old Republic I usually play along the path of a Jedi, as you have to do some pretty vile things to get dark side points, ha-ha. The Sith have awesome eye colors, though, so from strictly a design standpoint I would go with the Sith... but when it comes to merits the Jedi have a much more approachable way of getting things done.
    Favorite Worlds
    Too many to name. Felucia has breathtaking scenery, gorgeous landscapes and properly used CGI effects... the latter alone makes it special.

Lightsaber, Lightsaber color and fighting style?
    Firesaber, white, Tràkata
    Favorite Species?Rodians are pretty rad, and in their eyes lay dormant stars in space, which is an inspired artistic choice. Again, going with the first species that comes to mind, as their are far too many to name here.
    Favorite vehicle?
    Millennium Falcon and the Outrider. The Falcon is a national treasure, and I got to fly the Outrider in Shadows of the Empire alongside the Falcon... epic stuff. That said, I proved to be a better pilot than Han if I do say so myself.
    Qui-Gon. He went against the grain, so to speak, and instead of following what was decreed right/wrong - in accordance with the Jedi way - he often thought outside the box, for himself. Prior to his being killed, when he attested to Anakin being the 'chosen one' the Jedi Council scoffed at the notion, but in the end he was proven correct. Also, he lay the groundwork by pointing Yoda in the direction for the process of becoming a Force-ghost to begin. Perhaps, the wisest of all Jedi at the time.
    Well, with the rule of two in play, are there any masters who show mercy on the lesser of the two evils? I would go with the most lackadaisical mentor in existence, someone who preferably would be far too laid-back to attack me with Force-lightning as a training op.
    Denye Onksyon would be the name, as 'tis a variation on Haitian Creole for 'last rites'. Darth Resonent springs to mind as something cool, as it means 'bedlam' in Latin. Something like that, I guess.
    Favorite Film?
    There is nothing quite like Star Wars. I would put the saga up against any other Sci-fi, fantasy, etc. to-date and I know that it would do astoundingly well in comparison. Knowing that one cannot find something quite like Star Wars (and believe me I have looked) I follow the adage, "beggars can't be choosers", as I am content with each film, and cannot put one above the other in any sense. When asked to choose, I hold the saga in equal regard, and name my favorite as it pertains to which came out first, second, third, etc. A New Hope was first so I will say that one firstly.
    Least favorite film?
    Revenge of the Sith. It felt rushed. It felt disjointed. It was the most joyless, gloomy and distressing film in the saga wherein everybody who was not present in the original trilogy died because Lucas could not figure a way for them to have lived from a storytelling perspective... not my cup of tea.

...oh, and the CGI. A lot of people claim that there was an abundance of practical effects in the prequels, but in any case the look of the film still felt fake, and that was a big cop out for fans of the original look from the original trilogy; whether or not the prequels and originals share similar dna structuring it does not take a keen observer to notice the differences. Revenge of the Sith the video game adaptation looked stunningly similar to Revenge of the Sith the film, and with 'groundbreaking' CGI, not to mention better practical effects resources than the OT... that should not have been the case... as advanced (overly glorified) as CGI is at times, it usually does not measure up to the hype; this was one such instance.
    Me, of course... or to further clarify, my character created specifically for Star Wars.
    Could not say for sure, as I am unfamiliar with the names for each individual musical composition, but every film has its' strengths in that area, in my opinion, and no one song, save for the opening score stands out above all others to me. Whenever I think Star Wars, though, the opening theme comes to mind, and again that is present in all of the movies to my recollection.
    Do you collect figures?
    I have not had the opportunity to do so for some time now, but when said chance presents itself... you bet.
    The EU is like Legos... that is the best way I know how to describe it... at its' very best it crafts its' own universe set in Lucas' sandbox; some pieces fit into the overall continuity and some do not, but they all lend themselves to the creative process even going forward with a brand new continuity. At its' worst it still provides the building blocks to further support the foundation that Lucas constructed. If it were not for the EU, then Dash Rendar, Talon Karrde, Mara Jade, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Palleon, etc. would not exist.
    The worst thing about the EU? Chewie, Mara Jade, Jacen Solo, Anakin Solo, etc. being exchanged for profit. The EU undersold, and in so doing popular characters were put on the chopping block in a sad attempt at hawking merchandise. It is a shame. In my honest opinion, I think that the taskmasters behind the expanded universe's continuity sold themselves short in the sense that they felt their stories could never sell unless they put well known characters out to slaughter. To me that approach is the easiest way out of actually writing.
    I am midway through penning my first book. I owe that largely to Star Wars' profound impact on my imagination. It means a whole heck of lot to me.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Jedi or Sith?

This is easy. I’d be a Sith or simply a non-aligned Force-Sensitive. I would never be a Jedi as they lie about too many things and deny emotions as evil. I am highly emotional and intuitive. I wouldn't survive Jedi lameness. I'd strive to be somewhat like my fave Sith, Lord Tyrannus which is a highly intelligent and I believe reasonable man at heart. I would not let the quest for power consume me as I don’t desire it. I highly dislike the very forced b/w views most project on the SW Saga which is from the first film, most grey indeed. I do not think Sith are evil. They commit evil acts, yes, but so do Jedi. I see both Orders as misguided and feel they should unify and find balance rather than keep fighting for no reason.

Favorite Worlds

Kamino fascinates me as a water world and Alderaan as it looks peaceful.

I would refuse to have a lightsabre. I seek peace, not war. If I was REQUIRED to have one, it’d either be a royal blue or crimson lightstaff. Once again I refuse to buy into the X colours are good/bad nonsense. Red isn’t evil. If I HAD to choice a style it’d be Soresu (sp?) because I would be defensive ONLY. I protect, I do not seek to inflict harm.

Favorite Species?

In appearance I love the depiction of the Bothan male in the Species Guide. Ithorian and Chiss.

Favorite vehicle?

X-Wing

Master Dooku. I’d love to understand why he felt malcontent with the Jedi and Republic and departed. Which I heartily applaud.

Tyrannus because he has much more poise, balance, elegance, class, and perception than any other Sith I’ve seen.

Darth Torment or Darth Agony because I am wired to be sad, weep, and I hate seeing others suffer.

Favorite Film?

RotJ. It’s a redemption tale and those are far too rare in my book. Then, TSW because Tarkin is fascinating and I adore Sir Peter.

Least favorite film?

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Dull, boring, characters are not likeable in the least introduces a LOT of inconsistencies. Next to nothing of merit.

Humanising my three fave characters: Tarkin, Dooku, and Pelleon (sp).

RotJ and RotS.

Do you collect figures?

No.

A very few brave souls conveying that not all Imperials are ‘ebil’.

Mara Jade and the distortion of characters I respect.

It was the gateway to discovering one of the most special friendships I’ll ever have and the gateway to discovering the bond between Cushing and Lee which inspires me greatly.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  5. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Jedi or Sith?
    Jedi. I find this question strange. It's like asking, Jesus or Satan. Why would you choose Satan?

Favorite Worlds
    Dagobah. I just like the whole Jungle overflowing-life thing going on. Tatooine's great too, 'cause it's where it all started and has the Skywalker roots.

Honestly, I'm going to say a regular blue blade... like Luke. My reasoning is that I think a regular one, not double sided or fancy, would be the most practical and easiest to use. The blue blade is cliche, however, in the films, Jedi only have green or blue, and I'd choose blue because it was the original color Luke had. ...Now a double bladed one would be super cool, but too hard to fight with in my opinion.

Favorite Species?
    I'm partial to the human race, since, well I can say I'm a proud human myself, and there are some pretty cool ones like Luke and Obi-Wan. If I had to pick another I'd have to say that those Wookiees are pretty Rad.

Favorite vehicle?
    The Millenium Falcon. Although owning a Star Destroyer would be pretty awesome too. Can I choose Star Destroyer with the Falcon in the hangar? Maybe an X-Wing in there too.

Obi-Wan. He's my favorite character in all the films.

Darth Sideous, after ROTS, so I could have my free reign on the galaxy. ...But I wouldn't want to be a Sith.

Darth Furyous!

Favorite Film?
    The Original, Star Wars, Episode 4. TESB a close second with ROTS a very close third. As a matter of fact, these three change order from time to time for me.

Least favorite film?
    Probably ATOC, due to the Anakin/Padme relationship and the awful 3P0 scenes. I actually prefer Jar Jar to some of those scenes.

This tiny little creature named Yoda who learns about the force.

ROTS. I love Duel of the fates.

Do you collect figures?
    Not anymore because I'm too old for that. It's my son's job now! ...but I still have my old collection. ;)

The Dark Empire Comics, but I don't read very much EU because I never considered it to be Cannon, but I have played a lot of video games, so I'll say the video games! I loved Shadows of the Empire for one.

Multiple colored lightsabers other than Lucas's Blue, Green, Red or Purple. - I find too many colors tacky. Also, when they bring dead characters back like Maul, Boba Fett or Palpatine.

Everything! I truly believe they are the most amazing films ever made and they are a huge part of my life. It's they ultimate saga for many many reasons.

Darth Dnej likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.