Star Wars Fans in Abbotsford!!!!!!

Discussion in 'British Columbia General' started by clee94, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    A chapter is another word for a local community club that is part of a much larger organization or club.

In this case, the larger organization is FanForce, an online Star Wars fan club that encourages fans to meet up with one another in person and do activities together.

Chapters of FanForce usually (but not always) are based in larger towns and cities, particularly in North America. There are some chapters that encompass a whole country or groups of countries as well, but this occurs more often in areas where there aren't as many fans the countries are geographically smaller, for instance in Asia or Europe. Each chapter has a "Chapter Rep" or "CR", and those people help communicate between their local chapter and the larger international organization that is FanForce, and often (but not always) play a role in organizing activities and structure within the chapter.

In British Columbia, there are already chapters located in Victoria and Vancouver. clee is proposing starting up a "chapter" of FanForce in Abbotsford, or perhaps the whole Fraser Valley area, depending on what people there want. First, though, you guys have to show YJN or Crazy_Mike, the RSAs (Regional Support Administrators) that you're interested in getting your own message forum for your area. Just reply and say that right here in this thread, I think they might be watching for it. ;)

- Rani
  2. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
  3. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you, YJN. :)

Of course, when you Fraser Valley folks are ready to choose a City Rep, make sure you select someone that doesn't mind being followed around by RSAs. Once you get used to these multi-coloured creatures posting right after you do, it's not quite as creepy and you start to realize that they mean well and for the most part, are perfectly harmless. [face_laugh] (Just kidding! Okay, mostly harmless! Take your finger off the ban-button!) :D

*ahem*

Seriously, I think all the admins need now is to see stated interest from a few more folks that live in the area. To make it even easier for you, feel free to copy and post the following:

"I live in the Chilliwack/Abbotsford area, and I would like to have our own forum so I can meet other fans living in my area."

clee, if you haven't already, PM Darth Mentos. He's a friend of mine who's posted in this thread before, but he's been hanging out on the Vancouver FF forum lately.
  4. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    Correction, I remembered that wrong, Darth_Mentos didn't post in this thread, it was a different one. [face_blush] He does however live in Chilliwack.

And just doing a quick count, it looks as though three of you have posted here in the last week, so I hope that means what I think it means... :D

- Rani
  5. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    I think I'll open up a couple of new forums...

Fraser Valley and another for Calgary.
    We lost 3 forums in Canada a week ago due to lack of activity, so I'd like to create some new ones to give others a chance.
  6. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    There he goes, stalking me again... :p

YJN, firing you off a PM...not about stalking, about forums.
  7. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
  8. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I missed the bus in this one, sorry gang...
  9. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't sweat it, Mike. We'd give you 20 lashes, but you'd probably like it... :p

Yay! Fraser Valley's getting its own forum! :D

*does happy dance*

- Rani
  10. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Both forums are up now....go to the Canada list to find it.

I'm still messing with the code so you may see some changes.
  11. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    I swear, he's stalking me...!

[face_laugh]
  12. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Any fans in Abbotsford and Chilliwack and other Fraser Valley spots, you can post away in this forum. I noted no one has posted that link here for you all to find your way out of the very slow General forum and onto the new, unofficial chapter forum you were given some months ago.

The sooner you guys can meet for coffee or whatever, the sooner you can get on your way to full chapter status! :D

*Derisa*

13. TheForgottenJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Iam from Abby but am not really interested in joining a fan club because I find this site does the trick for anything Star Wars related that I would like to discuss.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.