main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Star Wars fans on yahoo

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JocastaNu3, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Hey,
    was just googling Star wars and Nashville for the heck of it, and came up with the yahoo meetups page, which I'd looked at before for book clubs and moms groups, and there were almost a dozen people looking for a local Star Wars fan group, or Star Wars RPG group. I wonder if they know about NAD, or what. I think they can be emailed through the yahoo site. Should we do that??? just to get the word out? some look like they've moved to the area fairly recently, this year or last year, many have LOTS of interests, just throwing it out there. They could at least ck out the site.
    thanks,
    Lillie

2. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    We should definitely give them a shout... Worse-case scenario, they have no interest in talking to us and blow us off. Best case scenario, we all overlap interests and can combine or participate in both groups.

3. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Hey,
    i emailed the first 5, the most recent people who'd joined, and just gave some basics and the website, so that they could ck us out. Maybe a little more new blood could get things going.
    Should start looking at the next meeting. Wondering about library meeting rooms, or somethign like that.
    It'll be hard to meet in the summer, but if the group is dedicated to meeting, a certain day of the month, like 3rd Sat or whatever should just be designated.
    Seems to be a lot of interest in RPG. A place like a meeting room would allow for that.
    I will be out of town here and there, but again, it's better to just commmit to a date and go with it

Jocasta Nu3

4. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Doesn't hurt to try... If several new people will join us, perhaps this next meeting should be general to find out interests. Of course, if you have already talked with them enough to know they have an interest in RPGs, then no need to delay.

5. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Any word from the yahoo group?

6. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Yes, 2 responses, and I am pretty sure at least one will be checking out the site and hopefully coming to a meeting, seemed eager. Hope the other one will too. I emailed about 5 or 6, the first ones, and again, 2 responded, but I left the website info in the emails, so who knows. It's hard to recruit rebels nowadays.

7. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    ...And all the cloners, the good ones, keep to themselves. We'll see who can join us. Hope they all join us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.